User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2007, 09:08 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Edit 2: I called the AL DOT and they said that their records didn't show me failing a drug screen. Not sure how comprehensive their records are?
So again, which company is reporting you failed a drug screen? For Maverick to have said that, someone is reporting it as such. You said you took a random drug screen in your first post. With who?

Old 07-19-2007, 09:42 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
Quote:
Edit 2: I called the AL DOT and they said that their records didn't show me failing a drug screen. Not sure how comprehensive their records are?
So again, which company is reporting you failed a drug screen? For Maverick to have said that, someone is reporting it as such. You said you took a random drug screen in your first post. With who?
A company called Hackbarth Delivery that I was doing courier work for was last place that I took a drug screen.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:56 PM
Board Regular
Location: NOT TELLING....but it is in the same state that the Ohio State Buckeyes play!!

Not trying to get off the subject but if you simply applied to a company over the internet and they reject you (for a criminal offense) could they send that to your DAC report??
Old 07-19-2007, 10:18 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomohawk
Not trying to get off the subject but if you simply applied to a company over the internet and they reject you (for a criminal offense) could they send that to your DAC report??
Companies generally do not bother reporting anything that happens during the application process. It is once you report for orientation that they tend to start reporting any incidents.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:24 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
A company called Hackbarth Delivery that I was doing courier work for was last place that I took a drug screen.
Then that's who you need to contact and get things straightened out. They reported to Maverick that you failed a drug test. Seems pretty straight forward to me. Contact them and tell them to fix it.

Old 07-19-2007, 10:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
In many states you do not get your CDL suspended due to a failed drug test. Some states will suspend the CDL for having your Med certificate pulled though.

As far as being steered wrong by the people at the clinic, yes I do think they are not as knowledgeable as they think they are if they told you that you can not under any circumstances take Lexapro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by "FMCSA Regs 391.41
(b)(12)(i) Does not use a controlled substance identified in 21 CFR 1308.11 Schedule I, an amphetamine, a narcotic, or any other habit-forming drug.

(b)(12)(ii) Exception. A driver may use such a substance or drug, if the substance or drug is prescribed by a licensed medical practitioner who:

(b)(12)(ii)(A) Is familiar with the driver's medical history and assigned duties; and

(b)(12)(ii)(B) Has advised the driver that the prescribed substance or drug will not adversely affect the driver's ability to safely operate a commercial motor vehicle; and
If this was during a physical and not a drug test I could see you being disqualified at the outset under 391.41 part b 9.

Quote:
(b)(9) Has no mental, nervous, organic, or functional disease or psychiatric disorder likely to interfere with his/her ability to drive a commercial motor vehicle safely;
But if your depression is under control with medication and/or therapy then that would not really apply.

Now I could also see a doctor doing a physical wanting a statement from the prescribing doctor saying that the medications you are on does not pose a safety concern for you.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:14 AM
Senior Board Member

Lesson learned from this is to not tell them what you are taking. Unless it will show up on a drug test keep it to yourself.

Old 07-20-2007, 12:38 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3564
Lesson learned from this is to not tell them what you are taking. Unless it will show up on a drug test keep it to yourself.
That is wrong advice. The drug screening is a simple test, but can detect all kinds of chemicals within your body. You should always take your prescripts to all dot testing so that they know what you are on.

Furthermore, your doctor needs to be aware that some medications that they may prescribe may disqualify you on a DOT physical. He needs to prescribe medication which will allow you to keep driving. :wink:

Now, I not sure about other places, but when I took mine just a month ago, I had a high glucose in my urine. The doctor stated that I need to see my own doctor about being diabetic before he would pass me. He put the physical on hold until that was done, because " if we continue, I'll have to fail you on the physical, and report it to DOT." So it may not be a company, but the clinic that reported it.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 07-20-2007, 12:46 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluggy619
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3564
That is wrong advice. The drug screening is a simple test, but can detect all kinds of chemicals within your body. You should always take your prescripts to all dot testing so that they know what you are on.

Furthermore, your doctor needs to be aware that some medications that they may prescribe may disqualify you on a DOT physical. He needs to prescribe medication which will allow you to keep driving. :wink:
Nope. Those tests are designed to pick up illegal substances. Drugs like opiates, amphetamines, alcohol, cocaine, pcp, cannibus, etc. It is not going to detect anti-depressants. If you prescription contains amphetamines, ie ADHD drugs, then disclose.

This guy got railroaded by a misinformed medical staff. I don't report the two prescriptions I'm taking and have never had a problem.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:38 AM
Senior Board Member

There seems to be some confusion:

Wolfman said:

Quote:
I had a random drug screen and they asked 'what all are you taking?'
Wolfman, whos is they and why did you take a "random" drug screen?

Quote:
I call the DOT and get it straightened out by having them fax me the document again and taking it to the doctor and having him fax it to them.
Can you take this "document" to Maverick, so they can see what it was that you were taking, that you no longer are taking?

Quote:
When applying for another job it turns out that my liscence was suspened
Was the liscence suspended because of the usage of Lexapro?

Quote:
I applied to Maverick, and they say that because I 'failed a drug screen'
I suspect that they found out about the drug screen when they ran your DMV report, not DAC.
If you show them this letter from your Doc that you faxed to DOT, would this not help clear up the problem?