User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragshotz
Awwww c'mon,
I thought you'd enjoy a few pics of the scenery........
You know we are all only kidding and love any pictures you post. Your nephew is a good looking kid. Tell him to send me some Flake, my favorite candy.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
I know I am a lucky sob,
You would be amazed how much of a hard time race teams have finding decent drivers though, They end up hiring young kids with little or no experience and in a lot of cases it causes problems!!!

At the end of the day it is just a job- My advice to other drivers who want to get into driving for the race teams is to go to the events on setup day and talk to the team managers. get some cards printed with your name and contact info to hand out then follow up with a call. (this can be productive during the "off season"

I forgot to mention one of the other nice things about being at the races
The following pics are of my nephew who came over from England and travelled with me for a few weeks. I allmost had to force him to get on the plane to go back!!

Now let the hatin' REALLY begin...

He!!. Where do I sign up??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 07-02-2007, 05:06 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
Ya man, your like the Paris Hilton of trucking. We all hate you but we all want to be you.
I do not want to be Paris Hilton. What a skank.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:19 AM
Senior Board Member

what type of money you makin (you dont have to tell if you dont want to) how do you get paid CPM by the hr etc.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 07-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman
what type of money you makin (you dont have to tell if you dont want to) how do you get paid CPM by the hr etc.
No big deal, I get an annual salary of 60k, plus I get full health coverage f.o.c..
I also get an allowance for up to three nights a week in hotels (Never use it though, I prefer to stay in the truck) Six paid return air tickets per year if I want them (Sometimes I have a couple of weeks between events so they give me the option of flying home or flying my wife out for a visit. If I am in a nice area I fly my wife in so we can be tourists)
I have a company credit card and everything except my own personal stuff goes on it.

Overall it's a good deal because I only actually work for a few days a week between March and November. From November 15th through to March 15th I am at home on full pay. I am at home in Dallas right now. I left Chicago on Sunday and have two weeks to get to Las Vegas for my next event.
I have had my truck for almost a year now and have done 35,000 miles!
Old 07-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Senior Board Member

Its good to hear some positive experiences out there, best of luck on your gig, and I hope it lasts a long time for you 8) .
That said,.........
You miserable piece of custom truck driving garbage, how on earth can you justify spending time in that "sleeper?",...its like an old cab over with new paint and a crummy faucet,....Oh,..and I suppose that you can actually "turn around" in that "bathroom" of yours ,......right?
I think that you probably have an old coffin sleeper, and an open trailer with a blowed-up Vega sitting at a crappy drag strip,...somewhere in the middle of backa$$ no place racing VW bug's with Corvair engines,....some life!!!! As said here before ,....you suckity suck!!
And lets not forget that those girls are really men,...baby,..... :lol: :lol:

Good bennies for a driver,..drive safe.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doghouse
Its good to hear some positive experiences out there, best of luck on your gig, and I hope it lasts a long time for you 8) .
That said,.........
You miserable piece of custom truck driving garbage, how on earth can you justify spending time in that "sleeper?",...its like an old cab over with new paint and a crummy faucet,....Oh,..and I suppose that you can actually "turn around" in that "bathroom" of yours ,......right?
I think that you probably have an old coffin sleeper, and an open trailer with a blowed-up Vega sitting at a crappy drag strip,...somewhere in the middle of backa$$ no place racing VW bug's with Corvair engines,....some life!!!! As said here before ,....you suckity suck!!
And lets not forget that those girls are really men,...baby,..... :lol: :lol:

Good bennies for a driver,..drive safe.
Like I said, I still can't get over my good luck stumbling on this gig...great people to work for. They actually give a shit!

Thanks
Old 07-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Senior Board Member

Right place, right time for you and the people who are lucky enough to find a responsible driver who won't thrash their equipment.

I had a chance a few years ago to drive for a Formula Ford team out of Clearwater Florida, but the owner changed his offer after he thought about it for a week (though he offered me too much incentive).
My friend was crew chief, and told me when I saw him last that the driver they hired forgot to hook the safety chains on the hitch, and when the hitch broke, the whole unit (45' trailer, car and living area) rolled down a hill backwards into a building,...after dropping down a 15' ledge.

You get what you pay for, and they are as happy to have you as you are to be driving that awesome rig.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:36 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman
No big deal, I get an annual salary of 60k, plus I get full health coverage f.o.c..
I also get an allowance for up to three nights a week in hotels (Never use it though, I prefer to stay in the truck) Six paid return air tickets per year if I want them (Sometimes I have a couple of weeks between events so they give me the option of flying home or flying my wife out for a visit. If I am in a nice area I fly my wife in so we can be tourists)
I have a company credit card and everything except my own personal stuff goes on it.

Overall it's a good deal because I only actually work for a few days a week between March and November. From November 15th through to March 15th I am at home on full pay. I am at home in Dallas right now. I left Chicago on Sunday and have two weeks to get to Las Vegas for my next event.
I have had my truck for almost a year now and have done 35,000 miles!
Oh, by the way, YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :lol:
Old 07-04-2007, 02:39 PM
Senior Board Member