User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2007, 02:41 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Turn your CB's on

Why doesn't everybody have their CB on. Coming threw AR,TN. I drove for 4 hours and couldn't get a bear report. No one eastbound had their radio on. I tried to tell a lady driver she had a flat but low and behold she didn't have it on. Needless to say she sreaded it all over the road. I tried to holar at another driver telling him that a van that just jumped into the hammer lane was about to stop and do an illegal U turn over the median. He didn't have it on either and almost tore the rearend off an F350 that had slowed to avoid the van. If he would have had it on wouldn't even been close. I know its ALOT of BS on the radio but it could aslo be a life saver. I used to run with mine off till one night out in NM. It was 40 degrees outside. I have it up just enough to hear the words (you never get used to seeing it) Well that struck my fancy and I turned it up. 2 seconds later a west bound driver is screaming into the radio for me to slow down. I did not even knowing why. The bridge ahead of me was covered in ice. Don't ask me it was 40 degrees only thing I can think of it was in a gully. With lower temp. I guess. Anyway 5 cars and 2 big trucks were wrecked. 75mph I got it down to about 40 when I crossed it. Scared me to death. I was all over that bridge. Anyway moral is that driver saved my rearend by hollaring at me. I haven't drove with it off since.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:56 AM
Board Regular

Well Cobra I usually have mine turned on also, but most of the time there's nothing much worthwhile to listen to on it. Just some idiot blaring music through it or others talking language I don't care to hear. It's unfortunate cause I know I've let others know about debris on the road or bears and such.If they hear me they don't always answer that they've heard.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:59 AM

It is a shame. The cb is a wonderful tool for the job and safety. Too many people abuse it. I keep mine on I try to ignore the bs
Old 06-29-2007, 03:59 AM
Board Regular

I never, ever run with it turned off, but I do turn the squelch up to drown out the crap I don't need to hear. It has saved my butt many times, I can't tell you how many accidents I have avoided because I had my radio turned on.

Unfortunatly, there are those who abuse the cb, I remember years ago when I used to ride with my dad in the truck as a little kid and remember hearing how the drivers were so courteous to eachother, not that way anymore, trucking sure ain't like what it used to be

It seems like more and more drivers just don't bother to respond or they just don't bother to it turn on, or they are too busy on the cell phone, or they just don't speak english. I have tried to tell drivers about a flat tire, or something, and many times they don't respond. Just seems to be the way the world is going these days, nobody gives a s*#t about anyone else anymore.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:36 AM
Senior Board Member

A lot of drivers are turning off their CB's anymore because of all the stupid, childish crap going on. There is only so many CB Rambos and "I aint got no panties on" a person can take in one day. Then you add to that the jerks who think they are Casey Kasem or something and play music over the CB, what is the point of even having it on.

As far as bear reports go......set your cruise within 5 of the speed limit, sit back and relax and you do not have to worry about them. :wink:
Old 06-29-2007, 05:00 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
A lot of drivers are turning off their CB's anymore because of all the stupid, childish crap going on. There is only so many CB Rambos and "I aint got no panties on" a person can take in one day.
True. Plus between 7 and 9 and 4 and whenever, I listen to NPR news. (and wish I weren't too cheap to buy a satellite radio, so I could listen to NPR news all the time; I'm an NPR news addict)

Today, I did have the radio on. "Get out of the f*** left land g*****it!!!!!!!!!!!" I kept hearing that. I was in the hammer lane behind a 69 mph truck in a 70, passing a 65 mph truck, taking my time because I had 40 cubic tons of dispatcher brains and 900 metric feet of dispatcher personality in the box. This pickemup done up in classic gray primer comes zooming up my back door, then goes all the way over to the shoulder, next to a guard rail, to pass all three of us, during which he says something like "I told you to get out of the g*****n hammer lane you **** *** ** ** **** ** * ** * * ** * ************ *** * **"

Wow.

I hope that guy dies in a pile of twisted, smouldering metal. He deserves it.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:08 AM

Breaker 1-9 is anybody there, come on back truckers and talk to teddy bear.....I'm lookin at the world thru a winsheild.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:57 PM
Board Regular

I've gotta ask. What the hell is it with the line "I ain't got no panties on"?
I hear that all the time. I turn my radio off because I am just sick of all the B.S, arguments, the wannabe disk jockies and that damn trumpet doing that sound for Charge! There's some areas I keep it on, but for the most part, I set my cruise and keep my eyes open.

Old 06-29-2007, 02:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Well since I dont speed, I dont really need a CB radio. Same goes for weigh stations etc. I run legal so a "bear report" of "coop" report is pretty pointless to me.

Also whenever I turn it on there is some BBR with his echo toy nonsense either calling someone a "f*ggot" or "n*gger".

It gets real old, real fast.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:11 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmate1577
Well since I don't speed, I don't really need a CB radio. Same goes for weigh stations etc. I run legal so a "bear report" of "coop" report is pretty pointless to me.

Also whenever I turn it on there is some BBR with his echo toy nonsense either calling someone a "f*ggot" or "n*gger".

It gets real old, real fast.
I legal too but it's nice to know where the bear is so I can change my lane to give a lane between me and that bear

[img]www.mobs-law.com/sig.php?value=1955[/img]