User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2007, 01:32 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
A lot of drivers are turning off their CB's anymore because of all the stupid, childish crap going on. There is only so many CB Rambos and "I aint got no panties on" a person can take in one day. Then you add to that the jerks who think they are Casey Kasem or something and play music over the CB, what is the point of even having it on.

:wink:
Which was another benefit of driving at night; You can roll, have nice conversations over The CB, sans the trash talk!! 8)
Old 06-30-2007, 03:16 AM

Well I guess most who read this thread missed the whole point on the saftey aspect of having your radio on. As far as Stainless said, his company didn't provide him with a cb. CHEAP sorry but it is. My cb gets packed right along with my log book. Thats how important I think of it. IMO I didn't say I liked hearing all that crap on the airwaves but its a free country. I also didn't buy their radio so I can't tell them what not to say. If you don't wanna give a bear report don't. I've seen a bunch of color coded trucks out there get tickets because they can't run over the speed limit so they don't have their cb on and then they roll down a hill and mister smokey is in their rearview. Opps lol Well I'm leaving out for Hayward,CA in an hour. If ya see me at least turn your cb on and give me a shout. Then turn it back off.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:26 PM

Cheap eh? Well my wife would probably agree with you on that! :lol:

I never leave the city and am rarely on the road for more than 15 minutes at a time doing city p&d so my circumstances are a bit different. Some days i spend more time outside my truck than in it and some days i only work the dock. I'll buy one eventually but its not a priority at the moment.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:43 PM
Board Regular

Well Stainless.....local/city p&d drivers really don't need them, but I've seen times when it would have been nice. I quit using my cb for a smple reason....when I took a break from my company....some moron ripped the coax and antennas off the truck and I'm to cheap to replace them. I do run a single antenna so I can use it if I need to (running with other co. trucks). Last night I was coming across 40 and had it turned low....there were 2drivers talking about their camping trailers. Remember the days when you needed a license to run a cb?

When a white army battles Indians and wins, itis called a great victory, but if they lose itis called a massacre.Chiksika, Shawnee
Old 06-30-2007, 11:29 PM
Board Icon

I usually keep my radio on. I work nights, so isnt too bad. I did have to work days this week. I forgotten about all the locals around here with all their racket.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 07-01-2007, 12:25 AM
Senior Board Member

I dont give out bear reports because personally I dont care, if you speed , you take the chance and supertrucker doesnt need anyone's help to begin with. Now supertrucker can bitch about slow company trucks but you rarely see a company truck getting nailed for speeding either. I just like to drive by, toot the horn, point and laugh.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:26 AM
Board Regular

I have to agree that the CB is a nusiance, but I keep mine on 95% of the time. You shouldn't need it to avoid an accident, but it is definitely nice to have some warning.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:34 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattangcobra
Well I guess most who read this thread missed the whole point on the saftey aspect of having your radio on.

My thought's exactly.

Drivers DO make mistakes among a million other things that can go wrong real fast out there. And there ARE drivers out there (Professional Drivers) who'll "watch your back"...

But you can't know if you ain't listening.
Old 07-01-2007, 04:28 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmate1577
Now supertrucker can bitch about slow company trucks but you rarely see a company truck getting nailed for speeding either.
I see company trucks get pulled over for speeding all the time, but then I spend a lot of my life in a big no-fly zone. Company trucks seem to want to go as fast as they possibly can, no matter where they are. My truck can go insanely fast, but the speed limit is 55, so I'm inching toward 60, but not going over that. I can't pass a company truck through there. They blow my doors off at 62 or 63 or 65 or whatever they can muster. On a downhill, they'll wind it up as tight as gravity will let them, and lots and lots of them get popped at popular downhill speed traps.

I go through this funny ritual every day. Speed limit is 65. I cruise at about that, but will punch it up to about 70 to put some inertia in the bank for a hill, maybe a couple of seconds of 72-73 for a steep one. I get around all the 65 mph trucks who hit the hill at full tilt, and don't have anything extra to pour on. Then we hit the 55 zone, and they all pass me, and get miles ahead of me. By the end of the short 70 zone, I've passed them all again. Then we hit another 55, and they all pass me again.

There's a lesson there in "slow and steady wins the race" or whatever, but I'm just doing the speed limit man (within a close enough tolerance that I don't worry about imperial entanglements), and these guys are NOT doing the speed limit in those no fly zones. Or construction zones. They have no respect for lowered speed limits at all, and frequently pay the price for this.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:34 AM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

The other night I was on the OH Turnpike and traffic went from 3 lanes to 2 to 1 and we had a little bit of a brake check. I didnt think much of it because I saw it happening and had plenty of following distance so it really didnt affect me much. Then this supertrucker gets on the radio and starts screaming at everyone who didnt warn him about the brake check. All I could think was why dont you just pay attention and do your job and it wont be a problem. Personally I would have been embarrassed to get on the radio and tell everyone I fu**ed up and then blame them. My point is I agree the radio can help out but you dont need one and sometimes its just not worth the trade off of listening to sesame street.