User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2007, 06:18 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilog55
isnt that what the PM button is for instead of hijacking threads with petty bullshit? :roll:
Uh.... I think that is what I just said. :wink:
Old 05-23-2007, 06:20 PM
Board Regular

ahh missed that part :?
Old 05-23-2007, 06:26 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

:lol: Don't feel bad...you ought to see ME...when I go Hog Wild... ops:

Old 05-23-2007, 06:33 PM
Senior Board Member
Default re

if your a fan 8) ................http://www.allmyfavoriteshows.com/mo...e_First_9.html.................
Old 05-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Board Regular

eptp88:

I did not read every reply.

Bottom Line: Are you going back to Prison? (Work).
If so, smile and like it since you just described your hell.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:30 PM
Rookie
Default Re: Awarning to newbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi_roxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by eptp88
500-650 a week to live in a truck without your family and get 2 days off?
I don't even make that in GROSS pay in two weeks bustin' hump for the government. and honestly I can't wait to make that kind of money.

But for me, getting into the truck driving industry isn't about the money. It's about the freedom and independence and good lawd gimme that open highway. I hope to get out there soon, as a SOLO OTR driver. I'm not worried about the lonliness myself... gosh I can't wait to get away from my crazy hillbilly family! haha

I do hate to hear that things didn't work out for you. And good luck in whatever life gives you.

I truly hope that others like myself who are about to take a blind leap in to this career field don't read this thread and think "WTF am I thinking?". But instead keep looking forward with determination and optimism and give it the best they can.

Drive on brothers and sisters... Drive on.
Somebody's going to PAY me to drive a big truck all over the country? I won't be stuck in an office making $400 a week? I'll have a BETTER chance to see my family because we're all spread out over the country? I'll deal with DIFFERENT (maybe Grumpy) people everyday? Instead of the DAILY idjits? Most of the time I'll be ALL BY MYSELF??? If I won the lottery, THAT'S what I'd do anyway!!! LOL

Just goes to show you, one person's torture is another person's bliss.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:39 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
I know some people like it and I feel sorry for you.
I've been doing this for almost 20 years and enjoy every minute of it. Yes, I admit that at times I miss my family, but that makes the weekends just that more special. Don't feel sorry for me or those that enjoy this job/life. Its what we do.

I make $60,000 a year hauling sheetrock from Vegas to northern Arizona. Home every weekend, with a 3 day weekend every 2-3 weeks. Never more than 4 hours from the house if there was an emergency and sometimes in the middle of the week I have a load that delivers right into my hometown....giving me a few hours for hometime. I get first pick of all northern Az. loads and basically tell my dispatcher when I'll deliver and when I'll be back to Vegas....setting my own scheduale. My pay ranges from $850.00 to $1,000.00 a week take home.

Believe me, when I first started out years ago, I made no where near that, but like any job....you got to start at the bottom. Two months isn't enough time to find out if you really like what your doing. Also companies are different, theres alot better out there than the Great Pumpkin (aka Schneider)
Old 06-01-2007, 07:13 PM
Rookie

My husband ran his own department at a large supermarket chain up here in upstate Ny and grossed $490 if he was lucky. After taxes thats about $300 bucks. He spent 12 wasted years with a company who was trying there best to get some slave labor out of every one. I haven't even touched on the BS he had to deal with the moment he walked into the place.
He was in a dead end job going no where. He looked at his two sons every night and wondered what he was ever going to be able to give to them. I'm not talking about money. He felt less then a man because he had nothing (of himself) to be proud of. How were his kids going to be proud of him.
The day he told me he wanted to drive a truck was the first day of the rest of his life. We learned already with a family tragedy that life is just to short. If he wants to drive a truck to supprt his family then you can bet your behind i'm gonna stand right next to that man and support his choice. It's a little hard on the kids, but we are finding ways to make it interesting. And let me tell you about those two days home...HONEYMOON BABY!!!!!!!
Besides we've been married near 10 years now. It's time for a new chapter for us.

Life as well as trucking is what you make of it. If your a miserable person to start with NO JOB ever created is going to make you happy.......but you keep trying!
Old 06-05-2007, 06:48 AM
Senior Board Member

That is the nastiest thing ive ever seen :dung: :nervous: :dung: cad needs to delete it.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:11 AM
Senior Board Member

Welcome to the board chocolate_freak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolate_freak
My husband ran his own department at a large supermarket chain up here in upstate Ny and grossed $490 if he was lucky. After taxes thats about $300 bucks. He spent 12 wasted years with a company who was trying there best to get some slave labor out of every one. I haven't even touched on the BS he had to deal with the moment he walked into the place.

He was in a dead end job going no where. He looked at his two sons every night and wondered what he was ever going to be able to give to them. I'm not talking about money. He felt less then a man because he had nothing (of himself) to be proud of. How were his kids going to be proud of him.

The day he told me he wanted to drive a truck was the first day of the rest of his life. We learned already with a family tragedy that life is just to short. If he wants to drive a truck to supprt his family then you can bet your behind i'm gonna stand right next to that man and support his choice. It's a little hard on the kids, but we are finding ways to make it interesting. And let me tell you about those two days home...HONEYMOON BABY!!!!!!!

Besides we've been married near 10 years now. It's time for a new chapter for us.

Life as well as trucking is what you make of it....
Hat's off to you! Wishing you and your family the best!