User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2007, 02:53 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

he was spirited away so that bush can secretly fly him out of the country like bin laden after 911. dont you know anything ???/ :lol: j/k/
Old 04-30-2007, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
I'm waiting for the comments from the 9/11 wonks about fire not melting steel and how this had to be an "inside job" and was done with explosion.
There is always one or two in the croud that has to ridicule people with differing opinions than thiers. And the funny thing is, there has not been any "wonks" saying it's a conspiracy.

And fozzy, I'm not going either way on this but it is a fact that the fire in the WTC was not hot enough (regardless of what Fox news told you) to completely melt the steel. At it's hottest the fire barely reached 1000 Deg. cel. and only burned for a short while. The fire did however play a role in the collapse, but was not the cause of it.

The fire from the tanker was a lot hotter and burned a lot longer, hence the melted steel and the terrible mess that was made.

My mind is open enough as well as I respect others enough to never ridicule another for haveing differing opinions from that of my own, no matter how outlandish it might be. I think you remark as well as heavyhaulerss remark was uncalled for and contributed absolutely nothing to this thread.

And heavyhaulerss, when it comes to politics, everything starts out as a conspiracy, weather good or bad. Just look at Nixon and Watergate.

My appologies to all for hijacking the thread.

I am a "moon bat" and proud of it.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:04 PM

see my avatar. enough said!
Old 04-30-2007, 03:31 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Keep on the Topic
Old 04-30-2007, 03:37 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmilici
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
I'm waiting for the comments from the 9/11 wonks about fire not melting steel and how this had to be an "inside job" and was done with explosion.
There is always one or two in the croud that has to ridicule people with differing opinions than thiers. And the funny thing is, there has not been any "wonks" saying it's a conspiracy.

And fozzy, I'm not going either way on this but it is a fact that the fire in the WTC was not hot enough (regardless of what Fox news told you) to completely melt the steel. At it's hottest the fire barely reached 1000 Deg. cel. and only burned for a short while. The fire did however play a role in the collapse, but was not the cause of it.

The fire from the tanker was a lot hotter and burned a lot longer, hence the melted steel and the terrible mess that was made.

My mind is open enough as well as I respect others enough to never ridicule another for haveing differing opinions from that of my own, no matter how outlandish it might be. I think you remark as well as heavyhaulerss remark was uncalled for and contributed absolutely nothing to this thread.

And heavyhaulerss, when it comes to politics, everything starts out as a conspiracy, weather good or bad. Just look at Nixon and Watergate.

My appologies to all for hijacking the thread.

First .. 550 degrees C is enough to weaken steel to 50% strength.

Second ... Jet Fuel == Kerosene

Gasoline = 11.5 kilocaloires per gram
Kerosene = 11 grams ... it burns hot enough to melt steel. But in this case the fire only had to reach a heat level to weaken the attachment points.

BTW) Ever see what happends to a jet after a crash? Melted aluminum and steel ... See Pan-Am airlines crash in Pango Pango ... Nothing left but charred wrackage. Jet fuel is a little tougher to get burning but it burns very very hot when ignited. :wink:

Third .. the World Trade Center strcuture depended on attachments between the floors and the main structure to provide integrety. Once the fire weakened the steel ... the structure bowed out -- it set off a chain reaction. This has been modeled over and over again.

Funny thing about the Internet .. it is now very easy to make sane arguments against absoutely nutty politically charged alligations. You are not open minded, but your tone represents a partisan willing to explore the alligations to change the truth to fit your beleif window.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:50 PM

Crackaces, I actually have a degree in engineering so I do know how these things work. And like I said in my post, the fire did not cause the buildings to collapse, but IT DID PLAY A ROLE IN THE COLLAPSE. Maybe you should go back and re-read my post. You basically just proved me right. Thanks.

Know, lets listen to what yoopr said and keep on topic.

Old 04-30-2007, 05:35 PM
Senior Board Member

as for my comments... i just like a lil humor now & then. i think it's good for people. i'm not sure about anything. i am opened minded also. my post was just humor. no attacks on anyone or any belief. apology to any offended. as now adays, anything & everything offends someone. not me.. i'm too busy being happy.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhaulerss
as for my comments... i just like a lil humor now & then. i think it's good for people. i'm not sure about anything. i am opened minded also. my post was just humor. no attacks on anyone or any belief. apology to any offended. as now adays, anything & everything offends someone. not me.. i'm too busy being happy.
No appology necessary. I am the one who owes you the appology. I actually do have a sense of humer it's just that I am tired of people getting down on other people for thinking outside of the box (and I will name names) like fozzy does. I see it constantly not only here at CAD but on th Cb and in everyday life. This country was built on thinking outside of the box and not conforming but in todays world it seems you are a minority for questioning what you are told and thinking for your self.(major run-on but I made my point)

I respect a person who is willing to think on his own and voice his opinion, even if they admit to wearing a tin foil hat.

Old 04-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Rookie
Default Re: Slow Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackaces
I think this is a good posting for the newbie section. This driver was reported to be going too fast for conditions. (The curve).
Glad the driver is gonna make it but he's still in for a world of hurt. A preventable accident that's gonna cost his company $10 million + is one of those life changing events I hope he can put behind him and still earn a living. I still remember every stupid dumpster I nicked in an alley, partially because of all the stupid BS paperwork and that one management jackass who reacts like your responsible for ruining the company. Perhaps it made me a better driver, I don't know.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:06 PM
Senior Board Member

It's a good thing that I want to also see this kept on topic... or else the moon bats would get upset...

The driver in this did cost the company probably it's existence. I worked for a propane outfit out there. One roll over and a history of some drivers running bad log books put the company out of business. Tanker work is great when everything works right.. it really sucks when things go wrong!