User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2007, 03:47 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFrostyMug
As long as drivers are willing to work the book to git r' done then things will never change in this biz. And judging by many of the responses in this thread, it looks like business as usual out there on the Highpay Highway: log 70, work 80-100+, paid for 50 (maybe). Wow, what a deal! Where do I sign up? :lol: :roll:
Now Frosty...Have you never been "Asked" to get the load delivered on time??

TB's "SO" needs to do what he can, to get the experience all those LTL companies you are so proud of, require, if he wants to get one of their jobs.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
TB's "SO" needs to do what he can, to get the experience all those LTL companies you are so proud of, require, if he wants to get one of their jobs.
...and hope to keep his sanity intact in the meantime!!! :shock: :?

...however, I do want him to drive legal and learn to set his boundaries and keep them set if he needs to... I know for a fact that there are other truckers who do! :wink:
Old 03-19-2007, 06:39 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglymutt
sounds to me like e needs to learn to manage is hours better on his onduty time to cut it down and trim to save time for the week.. now if you log 12.5 and 10.5 everyday you will run out of hours before the week is over and have a reset everyweek... I can go out 8 weeks and never have a reset. I was told to log it legal, well I make it look legal and they are legal.. I manage around my fuel stops, I like to fuel and do a pretrip at the same time, rather than log a pretrip then log a fuel stop 3 hours later and loose those 15 minutes which can be used later like tomorrow.. I spend alot of time plannin my trip and know when and where to stop and how long it should take me... legally...

as to your question it sounds like he won't make it on time, unless a reset is done sooner, not real sure unless I saw his logbook.... managing a logbook is harder than driving by far.. took me awhile to get it... alot is planning, I get a load and somettimes have to take my 10 hour then just to make it ontime for the delivery because of the time I have even though the 10 hour break is not due for another 6 hours, if I drove then after I would be having to split the sleeper birth or something so its all in planning your trips to get the most free time saved out of a logbook and not run out of hours...
I do these things you mention but the fact remains if I'm on duty 12 or 13 hours a day even with all these little shortcuts, I still end up having to reset. I've been getting long runs, though I just lost my dispatcher. This last one was about 3000 miles so if I drive for 11, actually more cause if I stop for a five minute break I put 15 and with fuel etc I end up with 12 or so hours a day. So how do you do it without resetting.?
Old 03-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Board Regular

welcome to trucking, always been like that, always will be, especially for OTR jobs. Just remember, you always have hours to get home.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrick4
I do these things you mention but the fact remains if I'm on duty 12 or 13 hours a day even with all these little shortcuts, I still end up having to reset. I've been getting long runs, though I just lost my dispatcher. This last one was about 3000 miles so if I drive for 11, actually more cause if I stop for a five minute break I put 15 and with fuel etc I end up with 12 or so hours a day. So how do you do it without resetting.?
That all depends on your next pickup and when it needs to be there, you can do 3000 miles in 5 days but if its 4 day run then you burn the clock..Yea I do too sometimes get a lonnnnnnnng day, I do this alot,

but first someone answer this , how many miles can a 65mph truck drive in a 24 hour day ????

I do a fuel and pretrip (15 min) drive 9.5 hours straight then a do a post trip (15min) so thats 10 hours then a 10 hour sleeper then a pretrip and drive 3.75 hours and 24hr day is done so its 13.25 hours I drove

do this for 3 days and log 14 onduty 10 sleeper, I coverd some miles..... just because it was critical load and no one will drive like that in our company they all think you can only drive 11 in a whole day and wont ever try my way... it will burn your clock in 5 days but you can get alot of miles, I average 2500 miles in just 3 days and a little over 4000 in 5 days and then reset 34... done this alot and got big big paychecks, hard to eat and shower because I drove 3 days and slept 6 hours a day so I ate and shower during my sleeper time, really got tired when I did 4100 miles in 5 days, I slept most of my reset, I like the 3 days run hard sit a day and a half then run 3 days and sit, so if it is 2387 miles I am there in 3 days not 5 like most folks.........

then I run alot sometimes for weeks just drive 8 or 9 hours a day because there short runs and I do 3 trips in a week and never burn up my clock..

I would prefer to run hard and reset every 3 days ... the dispatchers love it when I get them long runs done in 3 days twice in a week heheehe.... I just love the money but I am burnin out myself too.... make you old fast doing 4500 miles a week with a reset in the middle where safety says to run 8 and 9 hours and not reset, what am I a jb hunt driver??? hmmmm I don't think so...

safety thinks you can get more miles if you never reset your clock and roll for 4 weeks... hell i get more miles in 3 weeks than anyone does in 4 .....hehehehehe get more miles than JB hunt in 2 weeks than they do in 4.... there is several ways to run and all I want is money..... miles make money, find a way to get the most miles and you have all the money, but your killin yerself to do it, there must be a way to drive 2000 miles a week and make 2 grand pocket change..... yeah be a O/O yeah ....