User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2007, 07:18 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default question and rant(sorry for the rant part)

Just wondering, can I be 20 and still get CDL training? Im a month from turning 21, but I cant really wait anymore. I dont have a job, all I do is sit around all day incredibly bored! I want to be out of my parents' house asap, I get stand this shit any longer. Will truck company that hire 21 olds take me company training now and since its real soon I turn 21 Im sure the training could be done then, so I can drive. I really want to cut all damn ties, my family is horrible in my opinion and I hate the life I've had so far. I have not worked for past years, went to community college and then dropped out. Im ready for some "crash and burn", my life is shit it can only get better right? Im so f***in mad! Btw im an asian immigrant, its there some kind of racism against immgirant in this industry? Wouldn't surprise me, I'm used to hate/hate back shit kind thing on this planet. Life sucks and I **** hate it! Sorry for language, need to get it off my chest.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:35 PM

you can always get your licence before your 21, i think the law in most states is age 18, and the only reason the 21 rule exists is because of insurance. is thier racism in the trucking industry, yes but varries by locations, Also im not gonna complain about your language, but 1 thing you have to learn is about respect.. as u ranted about your parents hell ya you have every reason to hate them, your unemployed still living at home where the bills are paid for ya, the food is in the fridge, and you really have to complain that they havent kicked you out on your ass for no good reason, the biggest thing you have a right to bitch about is the fact that they brought you to a country where you can have some of the best education, and can have a dream and try to live it.

And Son, congrads on ging to a Community college for 3 yrs, shows ya have some character and potential, but thiers no reason to hate life, you just have to learn how to live it.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:16 PM
Rookie

One of the reason I want to get out is I dont want to feel like I owe them. You understand once you hate someone last thing you want to feel is like to owe them. Im sorry for sitting around my ass like a dumbass for 3 years, yup I was depressed and hating in general, but you dont know the life I've been through, and maybe you will understand my attitude if you know it. Talking about respect, once you get a taste of hate/negliance you know the respect thing is fake. Sure there are genuine people who out there I may actually respect someday, but right now I can't take chances, Im sick of being laughed at, sick of just being different and sick of being a dumbass. Sure my parents didnt kick me out, maybe because they felt sorry for me, their son which they feel is less than others. You get the drift? In short, im SORRY for born to have morons for parents, and I get urge to make up for my past mistakes too, which I doubt will ever be redeem enough. So maybe that's why I want to choose this profession. To get away from others as much as possible. Im a guy whos single and never kissed/dated a female, and Im DEAD inside. All the love and adoration for things of this world has been dumbed down by this wretched life, do you even know what it feels like to feel so damn jaded? And I never drink/or smoke, I've dealed this life without aid of chemicals, which is more than some people could bear. So save your preach ass crap. Im the person who actually accepts living through life by himself. My heart was broken and I've tired of pretend something Im not. Think of the people you love now and do something like this, subtract them from your life and then measure the time you can bear to live life without them and without getting know other people who you will love, so now in this world is just you, what will you think? Will you accept it then as it is and live on? You dont even have an idea/clue. Talk about dream, what is a dream worth if I can never achieve it, the society will work you till you die and plenty of people will tread you like they are best thing ever happened. And yeah US has some best education, man its the medicore at best If you actually lived somewhere else you would know. Just be happy you didnt get the deal I've.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:17 PM

Im a regular white guy. But, in my opinion...life is hard for people in your age group. I know life was hard for me from 19-25 or so. Lots of adjustments to make and people are jockying around trying to find their path in life at that age.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:35 PM
Rookie

Damn, sorry for the self pitying. just I've been so mad for being a loser. I can't stand of being a loser, im a do or die person, and it's supposed to be die for me since I've lost respect for myself and for other people now. I've considered suicide but I find it as a rather pathetic option. Just can't believe 5000 years of human history yet the world is so damn fake and ingenuine in everything it believed in. In a way I felt I've gone steps backwards the last few years, or maybe I didnt get it right in the begining. Or maybe Im just a more retarded or unlucky person? I've always wanted to believe in that, better it's me wrong than it's that everything just plain sucks. Wish I could be cool and not end up being where I'm now.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:36 PM

ok i get it you have had a hard life.... actually 1 outtta every4 people who drive truck has had a hard life before they got on the road...

the thing that you must understnad thou is respect has to be given to people weather or not they deserve it, expecially in this industry.

the enducation system is pretty damn good in the USA, the education you can learn based on your own experiences that u learn the hard way is the best.

hate to tell ya the truth about 1 fact of driving truck, other drivers wont tollerate, cry stories they have heard them all at 1 point in thier life. oh my sob story, i use to buy 50 lb bages of rice and eat that month in and month out, use to cook it in the 1 pot that i owned and on a bbq, since i had no electricity.... i did have a roof over my head and thank the welfare system for that.... i started out in a diffrent career field that any smart man right now is getting out of before the boat totally sinks... and ended up here driving truck, to pay for my licence i had no optioins like going to swift or anything, tha tu have to sign a contract to agree to work.

i used my old beat up pick up and drove around at night picking up scrap metal and bringing it home with me. at 3 cents a lb, some days i lost money just for driving around. (freaking gas prices).... and it took forever to save up the 7000 dollars to pay for my licence, actually thinking about it now, it might of been quicker begging on a street for pennies then how i was doing it, but i was a man and sucked up all the bullshit that life could throw at me, and went out busted my ass more then once, why simple reason, i never thought i was bad off, just had some obsticles to over come....
Old 03-01-2007, 09:32 PM
Board Regular

WOW!!!!!!You're going a little off topic now with all this talk of suicide, and lack of self respect, lets revert this topic to the fact of you becoming a driver at 20. It can be done, i got licensed at 19 but had one hell of time finding a job, and no offense, but your attitude has got to change drastically if you plan on making it in this industry, too much time by yourself in a truck to do the "i hate myself" BS, good luck with whatever your decission is.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:03 PM
Senior Board Member

The 1st thing is to get rid of the self pitty sh$t, you will keep yourself down with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2007, 10:13 PM
Rookie

Don't worry, I've been around. Im sure things will only go up for me now. Can't say I like people, but maybe a change is good. Just so long being stuck it gets on your nerves, like this will never end. Again I need to get out the HELL out of this ASAP.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:52 PM
Senior Board Member

shell
Quote:
Can't say I like people, but maybe a change is good. Just so long being stuck it gets on your nerves, like this will never end. Again I need to get out the HELL out of this ASAP.

gosh my question for you is .... why do you think trucking is the answer for you? ....

In this job you will deal with people daily that want to tell you what to do, when to do it , and how it's done. If you can't get alone with people now - - - or - - - family members who love you - - - then your world is about to be turned upside down .... between the 4wheelers trying to run a big truck off the road, or dock employees getting smart with you when you arrive to deliver their merchandise ... or other drivers telling you 'where to go ... This isn't where you need to be ..... find a good community college and go there ... find a profession that is a lot LESS stressful than trucking ... each day is a new situation to work through or a new problem to solve ... it's not for the 'self pity' kind of person .... You'll not only get yourself killed but some Innocent person who has a family they enjoy at home .. ...

Life is what YOU make it ....

Watch your 'Thoughts,' they become words. Watch your 'Words,' they become
actions. Watch your 'Actions,' they become habits. Watch your 'Habits,' they
become character. Watch your 'Character,' for it becomes your Destiny.'