Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2007, 02:51 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I would say go with the one you feel most comfortable. You may be able to find insurance you can afford. There are a number of ways in which to get insurance through membership in certain groups. OOIDA now has health insurance, I believe. I have no idea of the cost. You may want to check the miles and get a clearer understanding on how much money you can make with each company. My guess is that you will make more money with the mom and pop. Benefits will likely be better with J B Hunt.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:55 AM
Senior Board Member

I don't like either.

The mom and pops sounds like too much work to make a decent check....

JB Hunt...been there, done that...wouldn't recommend them.

I say you should look alittle harder. You may be passing up a great job.

Just my .02 cents.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 02-07-2007, 02:42 PM
Senior Board Member
Default JB Hunt or Local Mom n' Pop

JB's checks don't bounce or their direct deposit is always there. BOL
Old 02-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Senior Board Member

Ok here is my 2 cents.. And no, Im not just trying to make money by getting him here at JB. Im not a recruiter, so I dont make a cent for him coming over here.

You have to go with the benefits. A good benefits package is usually worth more than your cpm pay. A good performing 401K over a long period of time can make you more money in the long run than your mileage pay.
And you absolutely should never go without health insurance. A little story about health insurance. When I was 16 my father switched jobs. With his new job, we were going to have to be without health insurance for a whopping 5 days. My father took a chance and instead of getting some expensive insurance for those 5 days let us go without for those days. Right in the middle of those 5 days my appendix decided to rupture. I thought I just had a bad stomach virus and ignored it. I went 2 days with it ruptured and then passed out in a 7-11. I woke up 1 week later after being on life support and then had to spend 30 more days in intensive care and another 30 days in the hospital. To make a long story short My fathers decision to chance it for 5 days with NO INSURANCE = $235,000 hospital bill.
Personally, I would absolutely never accept a job with no benefits or health insurance. Unfortunately there are people who will accept those kinds of jobs. Then we get politicians on my TV whining to me about people in this country who dont have health insurance and trying to get me to feel bad for them. Sorry, I just cant feel bad. People taking those kinds of positions have made a choice.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:36 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Ok here is my 2 cents.. And no, Im not just trying to make money by getting him here at JB. Im not a recruiter, so I dont make a cent for him coming over here.

You have to go with the benefits. A good benefits package is usually worth more than your cpm pay. A good performing 401K over a long period of time can make you more money in the long run than your mileage pay.
And you absolutely should never go without health insurance. A little story about health insurance. When I was 16 my father switched jobs. With his new job, we were going to have to be without health insurance for a whopping 5 days. My father took a chance and instead of getting some expensive insurance for those 5 days let us go without for those days. Right in the middle of those 5 days my appendix decided to rupture. I thought I just had a bad stomach virus and ignored it. I went 2 days with it ruptured and then passed out in a 7-11. I woke up 1 week later after being on life support and then had to spend 30 more days in intensive care and another 30 days in the hospital. To make a long story short My fathers decision to chance it for 5 days with NO INSURANCE = $235,000 hospital bill.
Personally, I would absolutely never accept a job with no benefits or health insurance. Unfortunately there are people who will accept those kinds of jobs. Then we get politicians on my TV whining to me about people in this country who dont have health insurance and trying to get me to feel bad for them. Sorry, I just cant feel bad. People taking those kinds of positions have made a choice.
Very good. I myself, cant go without benefits. Sheepdancer, I thought you were a recruiter. :shock:

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 02-07-2007, 03:42 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer

When did you stop being a recruiter for JB, Sheepdancer??

And you absolutely should never go without health insurance. A little story about health insurance.
Not trying to get into it with you here; in fact, I agree completely with your assessments!! I was unaware that you were no longer a recruiter; so, what are you doing these days??

BOL!!
Old 02-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Senior Board Member

Hey Useless, a friend of mine is possibly becoming a recruiter for US Express.

I told him to come in here and recruit everyone in sight.....

See how easy I make it for you.... LOL
Old 02-07-2007, 04:10 PM
Senior Board Member

Sorry my bad....I was typing while talking to a driver. I meant to say I wasnt his recruiter so I make nothing if he comes over here.
Im still a recruiter.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Board Icon

Oh ok. Well, a couple of us were wondering. Dont get caught doing extra curricular activities while your'e on the clock. :P

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 02-07-2007, 04:36 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379
Oh ok. Well, a couple of us were wondering. Dont get caught doing extra curricular activities while your'e on the clock. :P
Lol.....ok
honestly, I have been looking at another position in corporate. However if I do take it, Im sure I would still do some recruiting. Most positions at this company allow you to do some recruiting on the side. So even if my job changes, I will still be out here to bother you all. :P
Closed Thread