LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2006, 05:02 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default Re: Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealord
Have you contacted any of the companies/owners who pull the cut trees to the pulp mills. May not be top of the line, but it could help you "get well". BOL
Swerving to miss BigFoot. :lol:

Old 12-21-2006, 05:04 PM
Board Regular
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoutlaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad_
SSoutlaw Said:

Speeding up would raise the front of the vehicle, not lower it, don't know if it would really make a difference. Just my opinion.

Hmm, Maybe I got the cause and affect wrong, but the suggestion was to speed up.
Hey Nomad, I really like your tag line.

Ssoutlaw: Your TAG comes in Loud and Clear (10-4)!
Old 12-21-2006, 07:43 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadhog
Quote:
Have you contacted any of the companies/owners who pull the cut trees to the pulp mills. May not be top of the line, but it could help you "get well". BOL

That is something I'd swerve for....

I've been lucky I've come close to two deer but not hit any. I don't know how I keep avoiding them.

One time the thing came sprinting right across the interstate at high speed so I had no opportunity to react...

Other time I saw it coming out of the median and I hit the brakes firmly but didn't have time to check to see if the other lane was still clean so I decided to brace for impact and it just missed by must have been an inch.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:49 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:

I've been lucky I've come close to two deer but not hit any. I don't know how I keep avoiding them.

One time the thing came sprinting right across the interstate at high speed so I had no opportunity to react...

Other time I saw it coming out of the median and I hit the brakes firmly but didn't have time to check to see if the other lane was still clean so I decided to brace for impact and it just missed by must have been an inch.
I have had several chances to kill deer, people , cows, horses, but i did it all by slowing down, might try slowing down... it works for me, almost hit a person walking out and across the highway, so I hit brakes and shifted load and luckily I am not in prison for manslaughter, same should work for anything in roadway, try it sometime, ohhhh and try not to follow to close either...
Old 12-21-2006, 08:07 PM
Board Regular

Not making this up. We just missed a deer (Wifey) and I last night. Kinda spooky, as we just started this thread. I was only doing 45 MPH picking up speed leaving the village. I looked down to adjust the heat and BAM my wife screamed out. I was able to brake to 25 and the deer did not move. I just coasted by its butt and carried on.

I went onto tell the Mrs how this was a recent discussion on CAD. Glad we were not another statistic. This road has taken a few lives in the last few years by people hitting moose.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:07 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglymutt
Quote:
Quote:

I have had several chances to kill deer, people , cows, horses, but i did it all by slowing down, might try slowing down... it works for me, almost hit a person walking out and across the highway, so I hit brakes and shifted load and luckily I am not in prison for manslaughter, same should work for anything in roadway, try it sometime, ohhhh and try not to follow to close either...
Huh? You're lecturing me on following too close in regards to my comments "I'd swerve for the giant photoshopped log?". I think you better check the CO levels in your cab trapped in Colorado the past few days.

If you were referring to the deer, I wasn't following them. Nor did I hit them. Only animals I've hit have been birds...
Old 12-21-2006, 09:57 PM
Board Icon

Moose steak anyone??

I had to help seperate a 500lb. cow once from a car...but not a bull this big.