User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2006, 08:04 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

yes dues yer right its in the seeds, in the mature seeds and seeds on the muffins are not matured and I just read on the internet at a government site that the seeds that do contain opiates are banned from the us market, so chances of eating a muffin and failing a drug test are like 1 kazillioin to one in the usa..... I eat poppy seeds all the time and never failed a drug test, its safe and if you do fail because of a poppy seed contact us customs and have them trace the seeds back to the importer and let them deal with it, as far as what i read today on several sites, no opium poppy seeds have been imported to this country since they banned opium and put it on the controlled substance list... there are many types of poppy seeds and the ones you eat are legal and contain no opiates...
Old 12-21-2006, 08:14 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglymutt
yes dues yer right its in the seeds, in the mature seeds and seeds on the muffins are not matured and I just read on the internet at a government site that the seeds that do contain opiates are banned from the us market, so chances of eating a muffin and failing a drug test are like 1 kazillioin to one in the usa..... I eat poppy seeds all the time and never failed a drug test, its safe and if you do fail because of a poppy seed contact us customs and have them trace the seeds back to the importer and let them deal with it, as far as what i read today on several sites, no opium poppy seeds have been imported to this country since they banned opium and put it on the controlled substance list... there are many types of poppy seeds and the ones you eat are legal and contain no opiates...
The metabolites they used for testing though can be found in a person's system after eating poppy seeds. I know nill about testing so I don't know what they do these days, but I still just as soon not take any chances.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:42 PM
Senior Board Member

okay don't know if this helps any but try to ingest what they are saying it might not mean anything but try reading this

----------------------------------------------------------------

In the realm of employee drug testing, an initial screening will identify those specimens that are positive for opiates as a class. The method used in opiate confirmation is capable of identifying both codeine and morphine. Because heroin (diacetylmorphine), codeine (methlymorphine), and some varieties of poppy seeds can result in the identification of morphine, a problem arises when morphine only is identified by the confirmation. Has the patient used a prescribed medication, ingested a fair amount of poppy seeds (they contain traces of morphine but will not produce any clinical effect), or is this evidence of heroin abuse? An assay is now available that can identify a metabolite unique to heroin: 6-0-monoacetylmorphine or 6-MAM.

Heroin or diacetylmorphine, metabolizes rapidly after entering a person's system. Due to this rate of break down, heroin is rarely, if ever, picked up in clinical specimens and one must rely on identification of its metabolites. It is first broken down to monoacetylmorphine and further to morphine. Because monoacetylmorphine (MAM) is a metabolite unique to heroin, its presence can be considered evidence of recent heroin use. The procedure for MAM incorporates GC/MS (gas chromatography/mass spectrometry) technology using a deuterated MAM internal standard and scanned in the Selected Ion Mode (SIM). This is the most sensitive and specific technique available through commercial laboratories today. The sensitivity for this assay is 2 ng/ml with most specimens falling between 5 and 500 ng/ml. Levels as high as 10,000 ng/ml have been reported.

Although this assay is useful in pinpointing the opiate source, the absence of MAM in a specimen does not necessarily rule out the use of heroin and the physician must rely on clinical evidence such as needle marks, a valid prescription, or a dietary history.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:55 PM
Default Seeds, seeds, seeds and now ROOTS!

Seems like it never fails; we will come to the perfect mousetrap someday! :lol: I read a newspaper story yesderday that Mexico is finding pot plants that will grow back if any roots are left intact. Used to be, just whack the plant down and be done. Now must dig up the roots! Whats next??? :roll:
And get this, the Mexicans sent 7000 Army soldiers into suspected areas, to litterly 'root them out', the plants that is. :lol: :lol:
Can you imagine the USA doing that??? If we had an extra 7000 troops, I know where they would be.... :cry:
Old 12-21-2006, 08:57 PM
Board Regular
Default Re: Seeds, seeds, seeds and now ROOTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catman
Seems like it never fails; we will come to the perfect mousetrap someday! :lol: I read a newspaper story yesderday that Mexico is finding pot plants that will grow back if any roots are left intact. Used to be, just whack the plant down and be done. Now must dig up the roots! Whats next??? :roll:
And get this, the Mexicans sent 7000 Army soldiers into suspected areas, to litterly 'root them out', the plants that is. :lol: :lol:
Can you imagine the USA doing that??? If we had an extra 7000 troops, I know where they would be.... :cry:
Need a band aid for that bleeding heart?
Old 12-21-2006, 09:25 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglymutt
Seems that http://www.snopes.com/medical/drugs/poppyseed.asp disagrees with your conclusion. At the bottom of the page is a list of references that supports their claim.

You might also want to look at http://soundmedicine.iu.edu/segment.php4?seg=193 Look at paragragh 2 where I quote "
Both opiate and non-opiate poppy seeds are used in cooking, but the non-opiate seeds are more common."

kc0iv
Old 12-21-2006, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus
Quote:

No bleeding heart here......just marveled, surprised, astonished! :roll:
and keep hoping for Peace on Earth!
Old 12-21-2006, 09:47 PM
Board Regular

I'm sure glad I don't have to worry about the seeds on my muffins. Now if I could just figure out a way to get around all the time I spend at opium dens while resetting my 70. :wink:
Old 12-21-2006, 10:29 PM
Senior Board Member

I been reading stories all day about how the DEA and the US Customs have been busting importers for claiming seed of the opium kind to be non opium seeds, so if the DEA and DOJ and the US Customs say that any part of the opium poppy including the seeds are illegal then chances are the seeds you are eating are the non opium kind on that muffin, if you get high while eating yer muffin don,t tell the DEA because I want some of those muffins... if you don,t get a buzz then your eating american muffins, I just read people in canada are pissed because our customs and laws are messing it up for them too, so eat yer muffins and let the rumors begin.....

and to clinton, yes both kinds are used for cooking and yer right the non opiate seeds are and is the most common here in the USA anyway
Old 12-22-2006, 07:51 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus
Quote:

No bleeding heart here......just marveled, surprised, astonished! :roll:
and keep hoping for Peace on Earth!
Just sayin not all of our troops are in Iraq. :roll: