User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2006, 04:23 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken_o
Anger is "an emotional state that varies in intensity from mild irritation to intense fury and rage," according to Charles Spielberger, PhD, a psychologist who specializes in the study of anger. Like other emotions, it is accompanied by physiological and biological changes; when you get angry, your heart rate and blood pressure go up, as do the levels of your energy hormones, adrenaline, and noradrenaline.

Anger can be caused by both external and internal events. You could be angry at a specific person (Such as a coworker or supervisor) or event (a traffic jam, a canceled flight), or your anger could be caused by worrying or brooding about your personal problems. Memories of traumatic or enraging events can also trigger angry feelings.

i never made it past chapter 11 learning how to relax
Now understand this, I'm not trying to bait you now OK. If the rest of the readers on this forum reading this post of yours could come back the same way you did to the original poster and say " just suck it up and be a man. The BRAIN is a complex organ, and I think no Dr's really know how and why people have certain problems or what chemical reaction could cause it. I'm not a DR so I may just be full of s@@t. I would like to add good job with the spelling and grammar, and no I'm not messing with you!
Just relax and chill, this took me years to learn and it will get you in as much trouble as it did ME!!!
Old 12-07-2006, 04:57 AM
Senior Board Member

frogman i don't suffer from anger any more then the average human being and am a very patient person
the branch I'm considering is the army since i dropped out high school and got my ged did a Little collage but not enough credits for any other branch. will try and if fail will just keep trying. have until the age of 42.
just want to be the infantry nothing special.

check this out your never to old to join;

ARMY ENLISTMENT AGE UPDATE 01: The U.S. Army announced that it has raised the maximum enlistment age for both the active Army and Army Reserve from 40 to 42. This change was made possible under provisions of the Fiscal Year 2006 National Defense Authorization Act. The Army raised the active duty age limit to 40 in January as an interim step while it worked out the additional medical screening requirements for recruits age 40 to 42. Prior to January, an applicant could not have reached his or her 35th birthday. The Army Reserve age limit was raised from 35 to 40 in March 2005. More than 1,000 individuals over age 35 have enlisted in the Army and Army Reserve since the age limits were raised.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:13 PM

Ken_o:

http://www.sonypictures.com/homevide...ent/index.html
Old 12-07-2006, 11:26 PM

Quote:
frogman i don't suffer from anger any more then the average human being and am a very patient person
the branch I'm considering is the army since i dropped out high school and got my ged did a Little collage but not enough credits for any other branch. will try and if fail will just keep trying. have until the age of 42.

Infantry, huh?

Hmm.

True story: There we are, all nice and toasty inside our roomy M1A1. We have the two hatches open in the turret and a tarp slung over them just to let the heat escape. We wake up to a little alarm clock and put on some music. We slip on some dry, warm clothes. We yell at the driver to turn down the heat because it is too hot. We yell at the Loader because the coffee is too strong. We have to let the shaving water cool because it is too hot. While we wait for the shaving water to cool we heat our MREs and make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to go with them.

Finally, all clean and warm, we pop our heads out of the turret and push back the tarp . . . and there, standing up to their knees in snow, mud and muck, are a bunch of little crunchies (infantrymen) trying to warm their hands in our exhaust. Covered in mud, wet, hadn't shaved in days and hungry because they had run out of MREs and no one had been around to feed them.

If I had a nickel for every rotation at Hohenfels where that played out, I'd be a rich man.

Now . . . I'm not saying infantry is a bad MOS . . . God knows we never have enough . . . but have you thought about any of the other 149 jobs the Army has to offer?
Old 12-07-2006, 11:42 PM
Senior Board Member

a long time ago i did very well on the asvab and i had chosen the signal corp as the mos.
I wouldnt do that well on the asvab again and really how good of score does one really need to be in the infantry. i find shooting guns and perservering through hardship more challenging .im not sleeping inside a tank thats for sure.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripplecreek
pennyboy, let me get this straight. Your on disability for panic attacks? Why in the hell would you wanna change that? You get $1200/month. I would buy an ounce of weed, get the feds to buy my Xanax, and my job would be tryin to decide what to watch on TV. The only possible "panic' would be if I lost the remote. How do you do it, I want disability?
Hey CrippleCreek, can I just say that "you're the F'n man!" :lol:

Seriously funny post, thx for the laugh!! :lol:

Dr. Phil better watch out.

"Some people are against drunk driving, and I call those people "the cops." But you know, sometimes, you've just got no choice; those kids gotta get to school. " Dave Attell
Old 12-10-2006, 09:37 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman
Quote:

Infantry, huh?

Hmm.

True story: There we are, all nice and toasty inside our roomy M1A1. We have the two hatches open in the turret and a tarp slung over them just to let the heat escape. We wake up to a little alarm clock and put on some music. We slip on some dry, warm clothes. We yell at the driver to turn down the heat because it is too hot. We yell at the Loader because the coffee is too strong. We have to let the shaving water cool because it is too hot. While we wait for the shaving water to cool we heat our MREs and make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to go with them.

Finally, all clean and warm, we pop our heads out of the turret and push back the tarp . . . and there, standing up to their knees in snow, mud and muck, are a bunch of little crunchies (infantrymen) trying to warm their hands in our exhaust. Covered in mud, wet, hadn't shaved in days and hungry because they had run out of MREs and no one had been around to feed them.

If I had a nickel for every rotation at Hohenfels where that played out, I'd be a rich man.

Now . . . I'm not saying infantry is a bad MOS . . . God knows we never have enough . . . but have you thought about any of the other 149 jobs the Army has to offer?
What you say may be true however if you ask the average scmuck on the streets to name at least one combat division in the US Army very few would name an armored one. The 101st (my old unit), the 82nd , the big red one or the 1st Cav would come up before any armored division. Armored units just don't have the storied history the infantry units do.
I didn't join the Army to take it easy I wanted a challenge and the infantry gave it to me.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 12-11-2006, 07:57 AM
Senior Board Member

they r based in ny i think. lets find a unit based out of the south.
or maybe i join and get stationed in ft rich ak. That would be my luck.
shooting guns,throwing grenades and exercising they actually pay for you this. Excellant wish i had joined when i was a kid.