User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2006, 12:58 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

What seems funny to me is when smokers get upset at people who pee in parking lots... The stench from both is disgusting but only one is a natural function of the body... To me there is little difference in golden Pepsi's and cigarettes all over the place.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:08 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamster
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylamar
I like to shoot guns. Are you telling me it's my right to shoot my gun where ever I want? In the privacy of my home, at work, should I step outside and stand 15' from the door while I do it. What if I'm through shooting and come back inside, whoops I left one in the chamber, I might as well shoot it. Sorry about hitting you, you should go find a non shooting area. I'm just exercising my rights. In fact there is a 2nd Admenment to the Constitution "A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed." telling me my rights will not be infringed. Show me one that address the right to smoking. Seems I have a better right to my idiocy than smokers do.
I thought you guys in Texas were already allowed to do all of those things, given your favorable gun laws.
I'm just being silly, trying to make a point.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:17 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I read something about this a few days ago. According to the article, this smoking prohibition only affects carriers based in Ohio. If your carrier isn't based in the state, you are free to continue to murder yourself. :P
Old 12-08-2006, 05:19 PM
Senior Board Member

on the radio the other day they were talking about if you have children in your home they are going to require you not to smoke in your own house. cant wait to see how that plays out
Old 12-08-2006, 05:28 PM

This is getting old. :|
Old 12-08-2006, 05:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicxl
on the radio the other day they were talking about if you have children in your home they are going to require you not to smoke in your own house. cant wait to see how that plays out
Yeah, it's sad isn't it, they won't let me beat my kids or wife either. :twisted:
Old 12-08-2006, 05:32 PM
Senior Board Member

i gave up smoking about three years ago but I dont care if people smoke as long as it is not in my vehicles or my house
Old 12-08-2006, 05:37 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
i gave up smoking about three years ago but I dont care if people smoke as long as it is not in my vehicles or my house
That is what I have been saying all along. It seems like smokers believe they have the right to blow smoke in my face, no matter the circumstances. All this legislation would go away if they would be considerate with their addiction.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:39 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
My parents didn't smoke, and I remember that as being something of an oddity.

Mackman:

Now that you said that useless my dad tells me back in the day around the 60's everyone smoked you could smoke in the doctors waiting rooms. You could smoke anywhere you wanted. God i wish i lived back in those days when the world seemed like a normal place.[/quote]

It wasn't until 1970 that cigarette commercials were banned on TV and radio. It wasn't untill the mid 1970's that smoking was banned on all domestic flights.

Many hospitals and universities allowed smoking in the buildings up untill the late 1980's.

The "No Smoking" fenzy is not that old. As a smoker, I had no problem with going outside to burn one. Hell, I was slowly but gradually damaging my body, so what would be the point in complaining about being inconvenienced???
Old 12-08-2006, 10:10 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylamar
Quote:
That is what I have been saying all along. It seems like smokers believe they have the right to blow smoke in my face, no matter the circumstances. All this legislation would go away if they would be considerate with their addiction.
It also seems that non smokers seem to believe that they are a far superior race as well. I observe this and i dont even smoke. What offends me is the whiny cry baby "i'm offended" epedemic that is sweeping the nation at a rapid pace. Everybody that doesnt like something says "hey, I'm offended" This attitude is turning this country to crap. This country is turning into a big giaant land mass full of whiny cry baby weiners!!!!!! You cant say aanything on the radio or TV without gettin sued. You cant run out ILLEGAL immigrants because they have RIGHTS...you cant smoke because it OFFENDS someone and imposes on their Rights....you cant do anything anymore without someone suing you or being offended. This nation is turning into whiny babies that want the government to do everything for them and its heading that way and one day these whiny babies will be whining because THEY have no rights left because they pissed and moaned them all away. And just as a side note to my daily rant...Does anyone else think that Terry Lamar must just be one fun guy to hang out with on the weekends. "i'm offended, I'm offended!" thats my rant for the day. go ahead everyone piss and moan about your rights and keep getting stuff taken away until we have nothing left. You think its just smoking but its not gonna stop there...when it takes something of yours away, dont bitch about it!