User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2008, 01:56 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
Second hand smoke related illness is a load of SH!T...Heck I don't smoke ,but both my parents did ,And I remember long trips in the car with both my parents smoking...Yet I'm in perfect health ,and my lungs as pink as can be and my lungs perform well above average on those neat little tests they give you at the doctor ...If your a non smoke great for you ,but it's not your place to enlighten others on how to live according to your standards , And the argument on the smell ...Well it's pretty lame ...What's next a ban on Cologone ,because you don't like the scent of Tommy ?
a ban on old ladies wearing tons of perfume in restaurants would be great,
a lot of smokers live to be 100., that doesnt mean it's not bad for you..
Old 01-07-2008, 02:28 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog
Quote:
Second hand smoke related illness is a load of SH!T...Heck I don't smoke ,but both my parents did ,And I remember long trips in the car with both my parents smoking...Yet I'm in perfect health ,and my lungs as pink as can be and my lungs perform well above average on those neat little tests they give you at the doctor ...If your a non smoke great for you ,but it's not your place to enlighten others on how to live according to your standards , And the argument on the smell ...Well it's pretty lame ...What's next a ban on Cologone ,because you don't like the scent of Tommy ?

Who cares if smoking is bad for you it's up to you if want to take that risk ...But second smoke related disease is a B.S. myth designed to support the agenda of non smokers who feel it their calling to abolish smoking by making out to be a public health risk to everyone ...And I guess we need legislation against the Cooking/Preparing/posession of Indian food based on the same logic of cigarette smoke smelling bad as reason for banning it . :wink:
Old 01-07-2008, 02:54 AM
Senior Board Member

But i think we still live in a free country ?
Old 01-07-2008, 03:07 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey4069

I know plenty of people who smoke I don't know a single one with cancer ....
Old 01-07-2008, 01:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog
Quote:

Who cares if smoking is bad for you it's up to you if want to take that risk ...But second smoke related disease is a B.S. myth designed to support the agenda of non smokers who feel it their calling to abolish smoking by making out to be a public health risk to everyone ...And I guess we need legislation against the Cooking/Preparing/posession of Indian food based on the same logic of cigarette smoke smelling bad as reason for banning it . :wink:

I dont know the facts about second hand smoke, I'm not a doctor or a researcher, I agree that you have a right to smoke, but I also have a right to not smell it. whether it will hurt me or not, it bugs the crap out of me, what's wrong with smoking and no- smoking sections? seems some smokers think that their right to smoke means everyone else should just have to deal with it. like someone said, I have a right to fart, does that mean I have a right to make you smell it?
p.s. I have had 3 friends and an uncle die of cancer. they all smoked, coincidence? maybe
Old 01-07-2008, 10:02 PM
Senior Board Member

well one like me who is very healthy could say i'm tired of paying high premiums on my health ins, cause all the unhealthy people that eat fast foods & other unhealthy habbits that make my rates go up. but really if smoking is that bad. then ban it. peroid. why have it legal but sue the hell out of the folks who make it ? & tell the smokers they can only smoke if givien permmision on where & when. i think it would be great if no one smoked. as I dont. I just dont like the intrusion, cause those who like this will not like when they(the gov)will go after you on things that you dont even know are coming. beleive me. one day you better watch what you feed your kids you may be sued if they eat one too many ice cream cones or big mac, or fries. it's a feedom thing not a health issue. like i already said .. if it's health oriented, then outlaw it. perioid.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:38 PM
Board Regular

Amen Heavyhaulerss, I have been saying for the past few years that one day it will be a crime if you let your kids have too much fat intake. I invision it being handled sorta like child abuse is handled by schools,doctors and soforth.

1-1-2015
This letter is to inform you that your child was recently tested and found have an elevated level of transfats, and his/hers BFI ( body fat index) was above the allowable limit. A hearing will be conducted on 2-1-2015
, until that time temporary custody will be awarded to the SS. :sad:
Old 01-08-2008, 08:23 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey4069

I know plenty of people who smoke I don't know a single one with cancer ....
Just thought it was funny . i started smoking in 81 and my lungs are still clean and clear. 2nd hand smoke is a joke . :roll:
Old 01-08-2008, 11:11 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

There are a lot of people who have respiratory problems. I have had to take my wife to the hospital twice due to cigarette smoke. She isn't a smoker, but was too close to smokers and literally could not breathe. She is extremely allergic to smoking. We can't even have a kerosene heater or fire place burning in the house or anywhere around her. I have had two close relatives who died from cancer as a direct result of smoking. I don't care if you smoke as long as you don't do it around me or my family. If smokers were more considerate there would likely not be the bans on smoking. Less than 1/3 of the population smokes. A lot of smokers seem to have the attitude that they are going to smoke and blow it in your face whether you like it or not. Over the years, we have been polite and asked smokers to not smoke around my wife when we are in a restaurant. Some have been considerate, others have deliberately lit up and blown smoke our way. It is no wonder more states are banning smoking. It is much like why so many places won't allow us to park our trucks on their property. A few inconsiderate jerks have made it difficult for the rest of us. I hate all these excessive government regulations, but smokers have brought this legislation on themselves. To tell you the truth, I don't even want to hire a driver who smokes. It gets a yellow film all over the entire cab and sleeper. I have had a couple of smokers in my trucks and it is difficult to clean all the film and smoke out of the truck. It permeates everything.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:50 PM
Senior Board Member

Ahh the great smoking debate.

IMHO there should not even be a debate.

Smoking is a legal activity, and states as well as cities are way over the line to pass laws banning smoking in public.

Whether or not smoking is allowed in a bar, restraunt, the work place, or in the cab of a truck, should be up to the owner of that establishment, piece of equipment, etc.

Now with that said, I do also recognize that there are people with medical situations that can be extremely aggravated by smoke as well as the rights of those who do not want to be around it. With that said I would not have any issue for regulations to be passed saying that establishments who wish to allow smoking must create a separate area for smokers that is well ventilated in which smoke is not allowed to enter the common areas or non smoking section.

The only 2 things that the continued banning of smoking, the increased taxes, or even the total ban on tobacco products is going to accomplish is create the next Al Capone and turn a lot of people into criminals just like prohibition did in the 1920's and make it easier and easier for the government to dictate to the populace what it can and can not do.

==============================================
On the next edition of Big Brother:

Beef, pork, and all fried foods to be outlawed.

And we hope that you will be able to join us in two weeks when we examine the new law of having to walk 5 miles every day or face imprisonment.

Here is to the new healthy America. :roll: :roll: