User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2006, 12:49 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

My point exactly.

Keep the rubber side down on the hard stuff.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:23 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

It seems to me as though some are making a lot of assumptions about this guy without having all the facts. His situation may not have even involved a child. I don't know if he is telling the truth or not, but he sounded sincere in his post. I have no sympathy for anyone who harms a child, but whatever his crime, he has done his time and is apparently just trying to earn an honest living for his family. I don't think any of us need to jump to conclusions. Maybe, I just like to see the better side of people.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:24 AM
Board Regular

There are a lot of fingers pointing at this guy because he is being honest without telling you the details because it is not any ones business on this forum. Some of you holier than thou types that want to point those fingers maybe should pull those thumbs right back at you and take a good long hard look at some of the stupid crap you have done and never been caught for or even paid the price for your antics.

This Man had the brass to come before this forum for advice and the Boys of the truck stop jury here wants to judge him and make him pay a debt to society that's already been paid. Let him prove himself instead of beating him down while he is on that first step to regaining his pride and sense of worth as a human once again.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:44 AM
Rookie

century451:There are a lot of fingers pointing at this guy because he is being honest...

Are you for real?!?! An admitted convicted felon says he's "honest" and you take his word for it? It's people like you that make it easy for predators to continue being predators! Since you feel he's such an honest person, perhaps you should take him under your wing, put him up in your home with your wife, daughters or sons while you're on the road.

century451:...Some of you holier than thou types that want to point those fingers maybe should pull those thumbs right back at you and take a good long hard look at some of the stupid crap you have done and never been caught for or even paid the price for your antics.

..."hollier than thou?" or being realistic? I would like to remind you that being a convicted sexual predator is just a tad more serious than doing "some stupid crap!" Very few people have skeletons in their closets that even remotely come close to this predators behavior. So where's the comparison?

century451:This Man had the brass to come before this forum for advice and the Boys of the truck stop jury here wants to judge him and make him pay a debt to society that's already been paid.

Did this predator come before this forum for advice, or is he taking advantage of naive (but well intended) people?

century451:Let him prove himself instead of beating him down while he is on that first step to regaining his pride and sense of worth as a human once again.

Again, will you be the first to allow him to "prove himself" by letting him into your home, with your family for even a few minutes? I certainly hope not!! So please don't make it easier for predators to violate my family either.

[/list][/list]
Old 12-05-2006, 05:47 AM
Rookie

DO ME A FAVOR AND DELETE THIS POSTING, GETTING SICK OF IT
Old 12-05-2006, 06:13 AM

GMAN wrote:
Quote:
It seems to me as though some are making a lot of assumptions about this guy without having all the facts. His situation may not have even involved a child. I don't know if he is telling the truth or not, but he sounded sincere in his post. I have no sympathy for anyone who harms a child, but whatever his crime, he has done his time and is apparently just trying to earn an honest living for his family. I don't think any of us need to jump to conclusions. Maybe, I just like to see the better side of people.
GMAN does it matter if it was a child or an adult who was his victim? You say it may not have involved a child, so does that make it okay if it involved an adult? What if he raped someone that was close to you, wife, mother, aunt, sister etc.... would you then think he was sincere. GMAN you say he has done his time, what about his victim? The victim is doing time everyday for the rest of their life.

Century451 wrote:
Quote:
Some of you holier than thou types that want to point those fingers maybe should pull those thumbs right back at you and take a good long hard look at some of the stupid crap you have done and never been caught for or even paid the price for your antics.
I have never have molested, raped, touched someone inappropriately so kiss my xxx.

Quote:
This Man had the brass to come before this forum for advice and the Boys of the truck stop jury here wants to judge him and make him pay a debt to society that's already been paid. Let him prove himself instead of beating him down while he is on that first step to regaining his pride and sense of worth as a human once again.
Once again you don't give a rats xxx about the victim do you. He paid for his crime so lets all forget about it and start fresh, my xxx. You would think different if it was someone close to you wouldn't you? And last I checked this was a public forum, if he didn't want us to judge him he should have not posted or made up something like writing a bad check.

I would bet you guys money that you would never let a person come to your house and watch your children while you left the house if you new before hand they had been convicted of a sexual crime, no matter if they did their time or not. Would you? Yes or No.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:15 AM

Quote:
DO ME A FAVOR AND DELETE THIS POSTING, GETTING SICK OF IT
Don't read it. Thats simple. :lol:
Old 12-05-2006, 12:35 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

[quote="Big John"]GMAN wrote:
Quote:
GMAN does it matter if it was a child or an adult who was his victim? You say it may not have involved a child, so does that make it okay if it involved an adult? What if he raped someone that was close to you, wife, mother, aunt, sister etc.... would you then think he was sincere. GMAN you say he has done his time, what about his victim? The victim is doing time everyday for the rest of their life.

quote]

Of course it makes a difference if it were a child or adult. The behavior is unacceptable, whether is was a child or adult. I have no idea whether he is sincere or not. He seems to be sincere in his post. I would much rather someone who has spent his time in prison to have a job where he can earn a living rather than having too much time on his hands where he can get into some mischief. I am in no way defending what he did. But, if someone continues to get beaten up for their past, then there may be less incentive to make changes. You are right about the victims and this sort of crime staying with the victim. I feel for the victims. I don't think there is any way for the perpetrator to compensate the victim for this type of crime. We should have a way for victims to confront their perpetrators and the perpetrators to make restitution, although I am not sure how that could be done, in this instance.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:03 PM
Board Regular

Yeah Sharpshooter I believe everything you say just because you say it. Those that bitch the loudest usually have the most to hide. (right Big John?)
Old 12-05-2006, 05:36 PM
Senior Board Member

I think that we've all made our positions and views on this mater quite clear.

I also see this thread degenerating to the point where it should be locked.

As G-man correctly stated, a lot of jumping to unfounded conclusions has taken place, and that contributes nothing of any value.

If you don not wish to offer any assistance to Macaroni, that is certainly your perogative. No one is forcing you, or me, or anyone else to read this thread; but the element of civility has been lost, and I see nothing constructive being accomplished.
Closed Thread