Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2006, 02:28 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
There are several recruiters who are on this forum. They could provide some feedback and direction. You could also pm them. Sheepdancer, Bluebettle, Twilight Flyer are all recruiters. I know there are others, but those immediately come to mind.
I was the one who sent him out to this site looking for help. I spoke with his wife for quite some time on the phone. Although I couldnt help them, I told her that there were many drivers out here that would try to point them in the right direction. Not to go into details about his business, but she did tell me the story of his conviction and it does sound like hes gotten his life back on track from some stupid mistakes he made when he was younger.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:10 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer

I was the one who sent him out to this site looking for help. I spoke with his wife for quite some time on the phone. Although I couldnt help them, I told her that there were many drivers out here that would try to point them in the right direction. Not to go into details about his business, but she did tell me the story of his conviction and it does sound like hes gotten his life back on track from some stupid mistakes he made when he was younger.
Sheepdancer,

Perhaps you could opine on a certain issue without violating any confidences.

There are those amongst us who would like to offer help, and there are those here who worry about a sexual predator driving a big truck. Certainly, those concerns are valid, and I do share them.

There is clearly more to this matter than what meets the eye. Even though you and I have had a few go-arounds, I don't believe that you are the type of person who would knowingly try to help a sexual predator enter the truck driving industry.

As a recruiter, do you think that Macaroni is someone who could be trusted with a driving job?? I applaud you for speaking to his wife, but I must also ask myself why he didn't speak to you directly. I'm also disturbed by the fact that, as one person pointed out, he is thus far a "One Post Wonder". I'm not suggesting that these things are in and of themselves indicative of serious trouble, but it does raise certain questions.

Macaroni came here and stated that he is trying to build a new life for himself. GREAT!!....but since his first post, we've heard nothing more from him.

HEY!!!! MAC!!! ARE YOU OUT THERE?????
Old 12-04-2006, 03:31 PM
Senior Board Member

This is kind of tough for me because I tend to be one of those "tough on crime...people should pay for it for the rest of their lives" type guy. But speaking with his wife she was pretty convincing that hes a very good person now who has truly changed. Without going into too many details, I would call it like this. Just going by what his wife told me. I wouldn't classify him as a "predator". Too me it looks like a really stupid choice where most likely any person that could afford a good lawyer would have had it dropped completely. But keep in mind its a very serious conviction. Unfortunately its going to be hard for him to find someone to give him a chance. However, I have talked to drivers with much worse things on their record that were working and driving. So who knows what could happen.
Seems to me every time i talk to drivers who are working and have serious felonies, they are working as a bedbugger...so that might be an option for him.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:15 PM

Seems to me this person is gonna have to simply make the phone calls and see what turns up. I'd also guess that face to face meetings wouldn't hurt, either, as much as it's possible. I'd be willing to bet that if their is any success to be had in getting into driving, it's probably going to be with smaller sized carriers, where fewer recruiters have more to say about who gets hired or not. Tactful persistence may be the key to getting hired on with a company. Best wishes to him and his family.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:15 PM
Rookie

OK, so my theory is that he did something plum awful; Such as with a kid under 12 or something.

Because he's not being forthcoming about it.

Too bad, because i had a few numbers to companies that would have definitely hired him.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:30 PM
Senior Board Member

[quote="Sheepdancer"]

This is kind of tough for me because I tend to be one of those "tough on crime...people should pay for it for the rest of their lives" type guy.

Trust me, Sheepdancer,

As a survivor of childhood and adolescent sexual assault and sexual violence, I also think that sexual predators should be locked away forever. My therapist once told me that rape is an incomplete form of murder; I strongly agree with her stance.

In doing the required research needed to facilitate my own recovery and rehabilitation, (and yes!! victims of sexual crimes are also in need of rehabilitation, although it differs from criminal rehabilitation), I became involved in taking a much closer look at what happens behind the curtains of our legal system, and I also learned a lot about the different types of sex offenders out there. There are those who commit unspeakable crimes, and yet there are others who make bad judgment calls.

For example, a twenty year old man may engage in a one night stand with a girl where there is mutual consent; then the girl (for many reasons that I won't delve into here) later decides that she was raped. That situation can land a young man in prison for a long time, and brand him a sex offender for life. This scenario plays itself out all too frequently.

In my opinion, people who engage in this type of conduct place their health at risk, but men who engage in this type of conduct also risk serious legal repercussions. Is it a good decision to use a mattress as a trampoline?? NO!! But does that type of situation make someone a sexual predator?? As a survivor of violent sexual abuse, In my opinion, it does not.

The fact is that there are serious disparities in our legal and judicial system, and the fact is that poor people overwhelmingly receive "poor man's justice" here in America.

As far as being hard on crime and hard on criminals, please bear something in mind; as a victim of sexual violence, I have every reason and every motivation to want to see sexual predators hung from a tree!! As a recovering survivor of sexual violence , I have learned that I must first listen to the voices of reason, and take a long, hard look at a situation before I call for the rope!!
Old 12-04-2006, 06:17 PM
Rookie

If Mac is truly remorseful for his past, a hard working, honest, and a changed man (and he isn't), he needs to start by having his parole officers blessings and support in moving ahead....AND HE KNOWS THIS!

I hate to admit it, but I fell into a predators BS story about him having an under aged girl friend and hired him, only to find out later (with a call from his parole officer) that he had actually raped two pre-school boys (his 1st offense) and later had raped two Jr. High school girls (his 2nd offense) in a neighboring town where he was unknown. Needless to say, he was fired immediately for lying on his application...thanks to a parole officer who was "on the ball."

Make no mistake about it, these predators are just exactly that...PREDATORS. They are pro's in gaining trust from people so they can get whatever they want...from "victims," employers, neighbors, co-workers...anyone and everyone! And, it's my opinion that Mac is doing just exactly that on this site, by using others to facilitate his job search by suggesting that HE IS THE VICTIM with his sob story.

Sexual predators cannot be reformed. So, we must protect our neighborhoods, school, church's, and our work places by disallowing them "opportunities" to take advantage of unsuspecting and vulnerable people (yes, usually children).

This guy is a fraud...plain and simple! Don't help him take advantage of anyone for any reason!
Old 12-04-2006, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Anyone besides me notice Macaroni is a one post wonder????

Be good, Jim
Back in Jail maybe?

A little girl or boy, a teenage boy or girl or an adult. A sexual crime on anyone is bad. I don't care if he touched someone or raped them its a crime. In my books it is worse then murder, because you are taking something from that person and they have to live with it the rest of their life. Get a rope. I don't give a flying xxxx if he is better, what about his victim? He spent sometime in jail, has he paid for his crime? His victim has this until death and he is a free man. Get a rope. It is what it is. I hope he never gets a driving job. I'm done.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:30 PM

I think this thread is over... just degrading someone that may be really trying to get his crap together, or that could be just conning people. People on here don't know him (neither do I). Neways... yeah this thread is over. If he was serious then people scared him off which is a bad thing. If he wasn't serious and just wanted the next gig and people scared him off then good.

Keep the rubber side down on the hard stuff.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:50 PM