User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2006, 02:23 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

ummm he got through orientation and we have been on the road now for 2 months and they have done background checks.....what do you know....they found shit....people are lazy and they just say they are doing background checks....they will only do one if they have reason....having a felony for something as little as having some pot when you were 17 should not have to follow you around for the rest of your life and get in the way of your dreams.....lie lie lie
Old 10-26-2006, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LISA THE GREAT
ummm he got through orientation and we have been on the road now for 2 months and they have done background checks.....what do you know....they found $&!+....people are lazy and they just say they are doing background checks....they will only do one if they have reason....having a felony for something as little as having some pot when you were 17 should not have to follow you around for the rest of your life and get in the way of your dreams.....lie lie lie
So your boyfriend is breaking the law but, it is OK because he hasn't got caught? It sounds like your boyfriend hasn't changed much from his felony days. BTW, do you have a criminal record, because you sure have the morals of a criminal.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:35 AM
Senior Board Member

is that your exuse. what happens after he wrecks and some attorney investigates his background,and finds out he lied. liable for the whole deal?
what happens after his company is audited by the feds and they pick him.
being truthfull and persistant will get even a situation like this a job with out having to sacrifice any moral character. let it be known every twelve months carriers r required by law to check. every twelve months you will have to worry about this every time you are stopped a cop checking with your carrier. worry on.
i dont think lisa the great and usa r connected usa posted this thread two days ago
Old 10-26-2006, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlnamedShannon
If you think it's hard to get the first job with a felony conviction, think about how much harder it will be once you have a felony and a DAC report for termination due to providing false information. You don't get over one obstacle by creating another.

But if you're determined to lie, understand that if you're ''pre-hired'' based on false information, show up for orientation and get dismissed when the background check is completed (usually during the 2-3 day orientation), your DAC will still be effected without your ever turning a wheel. Fantastic way to end a driving career before it even begins.
I don't understand something, when do they pull your DAC? I mean when they pre-hire you have they already pulled your DAC or do they prehire you based on your app? If your DAC says no criminal records, do they do a separate background check with another company or something?
Old 10-26-2006, 03:02 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LISA THE GREAT
ummm he got through orientation and we have been on the road now for 2 months and they have done background checks.....what do you know....they found $&!+....people are lazy and they just say they are doing background checks....they will only do one if they have reason....having a felony for something as little as having some pot when you were 17 should not have to follow you around for the rest of your life and get in the way of your dreams.....lie lie lie
OK Mrs CONVICT... You and the Convict are perfect examples of why the public has such a poor perception of this industry. I cannot wait for your next brilliant thought sent from your most likely "HOT" computer.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quito12
I don't understand something, when do they pull your DAC? I mean when they pre-hire you have they already pulled your DAC or do they prehire you based on your app? If your DAC says no criminal records, do they do a separate background check with another company or something?

I also would like to know the answer to the above question.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:37 AM

removed by stranger because joke was in bad taste. sorry
Old 10-26-2006, 08:48 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by quito12
''Pre-hires'' are really nothing more than an invitation to come to orientation. Because so many drivers are invited, accept and never show up (ie choose to go with another company), the majority of information (driving and criminal records; employment history) is verified once you show up at orientation. And you can have a stack of pre-hire letters as tall as you stand but if they discover you have lied about anything in your past, you will be dismissed from orientation (at your own cost to get home, same as with a dirty drug screen) and have a mark against you on your DAC before you even take a road test much less get any experience.

However, if you're dismissed from orientation for failing either the physical or road test, most companies will give you a bus ticket home.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:18 PM

i think prehires work differently with students and experienced drivers (at least it does here at arrow). student prehires here are based off a person's application and what they choose to disclose. if there are questions about a particular application (like under "have you ever been convicted of a drug related charge" they check yes, but don't specify what, or when) we'll go ahead and run a background check to clear up the muddiness. there are so many students who send in applications for prehires, but don't ever actually call back to schedule orientation, it's not really feasable to put all of them under the microscope, so to speak.

if they then commit to coming to orientation, we run the DAC and MVR check.

as far as experienced drivers go, once they send in their application and seem at least halfway serious about showing up, we'll run their info and check it out. i don't know of many who actually ask for prehire letters from us here, though.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:41 PM
Board Regular

Try the major moving companys....

My Mom's BF was inprisoned for 10 years, has been out for 3, and making WELL into 6 figures as a company driver for a large moving outfit. (Yes, Ive seen his checks).. There are jobs out there.... I used to judge people based on thier past until I met this guy. Good luck with everything.