User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2006, 02:14 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

First uglymutt that was funny as hell I have to say.

Anyway, as for the death penalty, I had an English professor whose best friend was brutally murdered by this Rollings guy and she was against the death penalty for him and all others.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:48 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quito12
First uglymutt that was funny as hell I have to say.

Anyway, as for the death penalty, I had an English professor whose best friend was brutally murdered by this Rollings guy and she was against the death penalty for him and all others.
yeah I was being funny about this, what you said is sad, I just don,t get why felons go to truck school then complain about no one will hire them... I went to a college and got truck driver trainin and they said up front if you have a felony don,t bother with our class... I had to have everything up front to get into the school, had to show my dmv and take a drug test and had to sign I was never convicted of a felony before they would accept me and I had to show them my CDL permit then I was able to get the books and start driving... these cdl mills don,t care if you killed yer grandma because she wouldn,t give you beer money and they will take you in knowing they got your money and you will never get a job...

I think for anyone new should look at what companies require first and if you can,t meet the standards then go find another career and save your money... Mcdonalds will hire anyone.... even with your prison tatoos on your face it don,t matter to them as long as you show up for work..
Old 11-02-2006, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by "uglymutt

yeah I was being funny about this, what you said is sad, I just don,t get why felons go to truck school then complain about no one will hire them... I went to a college and got truck driver trainin and they said up front if you have a felony don,t bother with our class... I had to have everything up front to get into the school, had to show my dmv and take a drug test and had to sign I was never convicted of a felony before they would accept me and I had to show them my CDL permit then I was able to get the books and start driving... these cdl mills don,t care if you killed yer grandma because she wouldn,t give you beer money and they will take you in knowing they got your money and you will never get a job...

I think for anyone new should look at what companies require first and if you can,t meet the standards then go find another career and save your money... Mcdonalds will hire anyone.... even with your prison tatoos on your face it don,t matter to them as long as you show up for work..
Well just to give you another point of view, well not really point of view but fact. I didn't go to a CDL mill at all, it was a public school thing for 3 months. Not one of these $5,000 for 2 weeks thing. The instructors were straight up and everything (I must admit the guidance counselor was a schmoozer) but I specifically told them my story and asked if I was wasting my time. They told me it was going to be hard but that I would get a job. That I might have to start at the bottom somewhere.

Really, and correct me if I'm wrong, it seems to me if you can get through the first couple of years then you have a much better chance in this industry. Reason being that a lot of small companies that probably don't use DAC would take someone on. Of course I'm too new to the industry to state that positively.

Also, the instructor even went through everyone's dmv and told several that they are wasting their time but everyone stuck with it and all that want to work are working.

As to why felons go to school then complain as you stated, another reason is because people are lazy, not just felons, many many people. There's a job out there but it's easier to sit here and complain that nobody will hire them. They probably made a couple of calls and that's that
Old 11-02-2006, 02:31 PM
Senior Board Member

A kilo of heroin! Damn son!

I'm sure all that time behind bars gave you time to think about your crime. I did 36hrs for something stupid and that was enough for me not to wana go back! I too share similar feelings as ardmore farms, as I've described before on the bb.

Still, a crime of that magnitude will limit your hireability with major carriers, but theres hope.

I mean, a kilo!!! :lol: Thats a rebuild on a Cat engine :wink:
Old 11-04-2006, 01:51 AM
Rookie
Default Try this guy out

1-800-861-4168

CRST TRUCKING ask about it. from what i hear crst hires just about anyone as long as they can pass the DOT. the drawback is that you'll be working with shady characters and management, knowing you have a record, will big brother you somewhat. if you're desperate try it out.

did you tell your school you had a record? if so then they definately should have helped you find a job.
rh