User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2006, 04:34 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LISA THE GREAT
you should just lie....my bf has a felony and once he lied about not having a felony we were off to chattanooga starting work...every place that he was honest about his felony with could not find it but would not hire simply for telling the truth about it....if you want a job lie...sometimes it better to just lie

:roll: yeah, and let's just say you were with them a couple years and started feeling comfortable and got a mortgage on a home and a loan for cars and your job decided to do a background check and found out you lied, therefore finding you dishonest therefore terminating you, i rather be honest and get a job, than worry about them ever finding the truth. there are jobs out there, you just gotta look harder. try owner operators, and mama pop shops too.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:04 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by areyouvi3t
Quote:
you should just lie....my bf has a felony and once he lied about not having a felony we were off to chattanooga starting work...every place that he was honest about his felony with could not find it but would not hire simply for telling the truth about it....if you want a job lie...sometimes it better to just lie

:roll: yeah, and let's just say you were with them a couple years and started feeling comfortable and got a mortgage on a home and a loan for cars and your job decided to do a background check and found out you lied, therefore finding you dishonest therefore terminating you, i rather be honest and get a job, than worry about them ever finding the truth. there are jobs out there, you just gotta look harder. try owner operators, and mama pop shops too.
Before you go lieing about anything go get you criminal history report from your local state police if its on there you cant lie about it if its not you are in the clear. But it sounds like it will be on there since you were on probation
Old 10-25-2006, 07:50 PM
Rookie

Quote:
This is HORRIBLE, IGNORANT advice. You obviously know nothing. THey have something in this industry called a DAC and something else you might not have heard of... a SOCIAL SECUIRTY NUMBER....

A persons criminal record is one of the easiest, more accessible pieces of information (next to a driving record) there is.

You will not get away with lying on an application when applying for a job with any company worth a crap.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:50 PM
Board Regular

If you think it's hard to get the first job with a felony conviction, think about how much harder it will be once you have a felony and a DAC report for termination due to providing false information. You don't get over one obstacle by creating another.

But if you're determined to lie, understand that if you're ''pre-hired'' based on false information, show up for orientation and get dismissed when the background check is completed (usually during the 2-3 day orientation), your DAC will still be effected without your ever turning a wheel. Fantastic way to end a driving career before it even begins.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:18 PM
Rookie
Default Getting a Job With a Felony

USA4REAL, I understand your situation fully, as I too have a felony record.
When I was in school last year, it was the same thing with the job placement. The school claimed to have a sincere interest in helping "some" of the students get jobs. Persons with obvious barriers posed more of a challenge to their placement percentage. I had communicated with the school in full detail about my criminal record. The school recruiter expressed how many companies would hire a felon who completed their schooling. Well, the companies did not give my application any review because I was recently released from prison two months prior. However, I had attended the school under the WIA program and the recruiter for the school made the same representations to my recruiter as they did to me. When I told my WIA counselor I was getting the run-around from the school on the job placement assistance, my WIA counselor got involved and I got a few leads. I had a job lined up but I moved to Georgia after graduation and still managed to drive second seat for an O/O for a while. So the point I am making is, with the felony record, you can still make your driving career a success if you do the right thing in all your endeavors. It may not be easy, but you'll have a clear conscience. After being incarcerated for any length of time, a clear conscience is very priceless. I'm looking to get back into the business myself, so we have a common uphill climb. I'll tell you one more thing and I'll close, What you've done in the past does not define who you are at the moment--what you do at the moment defines who you are at the moment. Good luck with your search!
Old 10-25-2006, 11:29 PM
Rookie
Default Re: Getting a Job With a Felony

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Cargo
USA4REAL, I understand your situation fully, as I too have a felony record.
When I was in school last year, it was the same thing with the job placement. The school claimed to have a sincere interest in helping "some" of the students get jobs. Persons with obvious barriers posed more of a challenge to their placement percentage. I had communicated with the school in full detail about my criminal record. The school recruiter expressed how many companies would hire a felon who completed their schooling. Well, the companies did not give my application any review because I was recently released from prison two months prior. However, I had attended the school under the WIA program and the recruiter for the school made the same representations to my recruiter as they did to me. When I told my WIA counselor I was getting the run-around from the school on the job placement assistance, my WIA counselor got involved and I got a few leads. I had a job lined up but I moved to Georgia after graduation and still managed to drive second seat for an O/O for a while. So the point I am making is, with the felony record, you can still make your driving career a success if you do the right thing in all your endeavors. It may not be easy, but you'll have a clear conscience. After being incarcerated for any length of time, a clear conscience is very priceless. I'm looking to get back into the business myself, so we have a common uphill climb. I'll tell you one more thing and I'll close, What you've done in the past does not define who you are at the moment--what you do at the moment defines who you are at the moment. Good luck with your search!
You have a great attitude. It is true that past mistakes can cause you problems in the present or the future.

But you are right in your statement that We should not let our past define us. My past is filled with mistakes I never got caught for. I am no longer that person. I am no different that someone who got caught. I changed and believe that others can too.

I wish you the best. That attitude you have will carry you a long way in life. I know of a chap in Wisconsin who was in prison for shooting a guy who threatened his family. He now owns a small trucking company and is a good business man.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:26 AM
Senior Board Member

dont lie on your application. your applying for a job regulated by the federal goverment.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:59 AM
Board Regular

usa4real are you getting any of this b/c you havnt responed to anything or answered any questions :?: :?: Just checkin
Old 10-26-2006, 01:17 AM
Senior Board Member

USA I have owned a trucking company and have been a terminal manager. I have hired felons and I know there are many companies out there that will hire you. Continue to tell the truth when you apply. Once you are hired you have to work twice as hard and you also have to be twice as easy-going because if you have a bad day and tell dispatch, the customer, the shop or who ever to go f--off everyone is going to remember your felony. My best dispatcher is a felon and is still on an ankle monitor, he does a great job and I feel sorry for his situation but he has to pay his dues but at least he is free. Keep applying, call every company in the driver books, newspapers, go to your local truckstop and get recruiting numbers from drivers for their company. With driver turnover as high as it is, someone will hire you. Dont stop applying and dont forget what got you in the situation you are in. Good Luck!!
Old 10-26-2006, 01:34 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [color=red
LISA THE GREAT[/color]]you should just lie....my bf has a felony and once he lied about not having a felony we were off to chattanooga starting work...every place that he was honest about his felony with could not find it but would not hire simply for telling the truth about it....if you want a job lie...sometimes it better to just lie

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH ON THE APP!!! DO NOT PAY ANY ATTENTION TO THE POST HIGHLIGHTED. THIS POSTER HAS OBVIOUS BRAIN DAMAGE