User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2006, 01:33 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

let's see what happens after she makes it through training and gets assigned a truck... personally, I'd go with a smaller company... paperless logs suck! You can do everything by the book and send a macro 46 (sign the logs) at the wrong time and viola, you're in violation and you DO get a warning before you are hauled into the terminal for more computerized training... hours of wasted time. My last check was $117.50 net... there's no way I'd recommend the paperless log gang, no way.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:40 AM
Rookie

Wow I love your boost of confidence driver2be. I agree with devildice, this experience will be what I make of it and as far as the paperless log I was more looking at the whole picture and not just trying to focus on one aspect.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:11 AM
Senior Board Member

My friend used to drive for Werner.Bobby loved Werner.Great trucks,
EZ-Pass and charge cards for toll roads.If it wasen't for serious family problems he said he'd still be there.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:41 AM
Rookie

I?ve been bitten by the #46 macro myself, so I started to frequently issue the #49 macro throughout the day, to keep a running paper log of my 11, 14, and 70 hour status.

I had over a year laps in my work history, Werner was the only company to give me a break. They also started me, without OTR experience, within their southwestern region.
My fleet manager is great, just as I?ve finished my loaded macro, he is already pre-assigning load information. When things have gone wishy-washy internally, account management gone wrong, imho, I?ve been generously compensated. Of the two road breakdowns, one a trailer, the other a flat steer, were both fixed within two hours.

Like everything, a little give and take.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:43 AM
Rookie

my orientation class had 20-25 students. i befriended 6 guys in the class and we all exchanged numbers and keep in touch through training and truck assignment; one guy (1 out of 6) is still driving for werner and he is about to walk (the details all center around how werner treats drivers). i think the bottom line is how they treat drivers. my observation is they go through so many drivers (hire and washout) that the non-drivers in the company just roll their eyes at the drivers. i think it's a numbers-thing and management needs a serious attitude adjustment. bottom line is i get what i settle for and if werner is the best i can do then so be it... but i ain't givin' up yet... i can do better.