User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2006, 09:26 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
I find most of the drivers that babble on about being "old school" have been driving less that 5 years and damn fewer than 10 years! Even in the old days if you felt like sleeping in while at a receivers gate, you'd find yourself at the end of the line. Old schoolers tend to get their asses out of the fart sacks and be there completely dressed and a decent representative of themeselves and would never be caught sleeping when they should be working! :roll:
although i am in no way old school..i 2nd that too!!!!
Old 09-18-2006, 12:09 PM

The steel mill I used to haul out of had a large staging area to park in and wait until the shipper/receiver showed up. The security guard would hand each trucker a piece of paper with a number written on it to be displayed in the corner of your windshield. The receiver would then take each truck in numbered order, no exceptions. The guard said before this procedure was invented, there were many fights about what order the trucks arrived and who was next in line.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:59 PM
Board Regular

I am no ones babysitter. If you are going to do this job, then do it right. Have your butt up BEFORE the shipper/receiver opens, be in there first in line (if you were first) and handle yourself in a PROFESSIONAL manner. It does not matter about old school, new school it's about being a grown MATURE adult who has good work ethics!!!

Someone messes with my truck because his lazy a$$ was still in the sleeper had better BEWARE for I never pull out of any parking spot without checking my truck over.

Doesn't matter where you have been, it's where you are going in life that counts!
Old 09-18-2006, 05:09 PM
Senior Board Member

I wonder if there was some confusion from the question.

Was this a situation where you arrived after the receiver was closed, thus would have no idea when the trucks in front of you were set to unload, or were you checked in when you arrived to park on the street?