User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2008, 01:54 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek Jackson
In all accidents, one individual is given the opportunity for correction. This applies to any kind of accident, highway, workplace, anywhere, anytime.
Not so....and the reason you are in error is because "many accidents" even those involving fatalities.....involve ONLY ONE PERSON, so your hypothesis is "invalid", as in many events or accidents...the one person involved had zero "opportunity for correction".....

Quote:
Thanks for letting me clarify this.
Actually, you muddied the water, with a not quite truthful statement.

Tell us....did you read this in a book....written by a government official? :P

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:59 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Skywalker you forgot the 4th one. Idiots that happen to be in the Saftey Departments of Trucking companys. While I was at a larger carrier we had a driver blow his motor and stall on a set of RR tracks and he called the RR to have them stop traffic ASAP trouble was there was a train 45 seconds away guess what they called that one PRVENTABLE. The saftey director said get this HE SHOULD HAVE PUSHED A FULLY LOADED TRACTOR TRAILER OFF A RR TRACK.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:07 AM
Senior Board Member

:shock: :shock: How in the hell do you push a fully loaded 18 wheeler off a railroad track? Pushing a car is one thing but an 18 wheeler! C'MON, I think the safety director was on something!
Old 01-22-2008, 02:21 AM

I f I had not been on the Accident Review board I would not have believed it myself. Needless to say we told the Saftey Director that this one was Non Preventable and then told him to take a pee test IIRC on that part. He was PO at all of us for a while but we all left soon afterwards he made our lives hell we think he was trying to fire this driver for an accident.

The truck that got hit he had just had it serviced and the Air Compressor exploded and leaked all the oil and air out even if he wanted to there was no way that driver could have moved it no Air to release the brakes.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:27 AM
Senior Board Member

If it was just serviced then the driver isn't at fault at all. Things such as blowing air compressors or throwing rods are beyond the drivers control!
Old 01-22-2008, 02:31 AM

Not according to this saftey director. He thought that hitting deer was preventable.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:35 AM
Senior Board Member

Well, I am sorry to have confused you all. Somethings are just a bit too deep to fathom,,,,,,apparently? :lol:
Old 01-29-2008, 05:46 AM
Board Regular

Ok.... Since I have had my first accident I guess I'm qualified to chime in on this.

My accident was ruled Non Preventable by my company and by Illinois State Patrol.

I was driving north on I55 just past the TA in Troy, IL at 55mph, when a tandem brake hub came out of southbound traffic. Since it was night time I saw it after it had came halfway across the hammer lane and entered my lane.

I had a quick real world example of preceiving the problem and reacting to the problem.

It was maybe a second between the two. I remember getting off the fuel pedal and start to steer to the left and try to avoid, I don't think I had enough time to get to the brake. The drum hit my right front tire whipping the tire to the right, blowing the tire and launching the truck into the air. When it came down I had no time to turn the wheel back straight or even to the left. I was already going onto my left side.

Again.... It was ruled Non Preventable..... in talking with everyone I was told that with me doing 55mph and the brake hub maybe doing 55mph coming at me.... I had a rate of 110mph to deal with.

So how many would rule preventable?

I hope the driver that lost his drum dies a very painful death for what he's put me through... :twisted:

pb
Old 01-29-2008, 02:06 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewercs2
Ok.... Since I have had my first accident I guess I'm qualified to chime in on this.

My accident was ruled Non Preventable by my company and by Illinois State Patrol.

I was driving north on I55 just past the TA in Troy, IL at 55mph, when a tandem brake hub came out of southbound traffic. Since it was night time I saw it after it had came halfway across the hammer lane and entered my lane.

I had a quick real world example of preceiving the problem and reacting to the problem.

It was maybe a second between the two. I remember getting off the fuel pedal and start to steer to the left and try to avoid, I don't think I had enough time to get to the brake. The drum hit my right front tire whipping the tire to the right, blowing the tire and launching the truck into the air. When it came down I had no time to turn the wheel back straight or even to the left. I was already going onto my left side.

Again.... It was ruled Non Preventable..... in talking with everyone I was told that with me doing 55mph and the brake hub maybe doing 55mph coming at me.... I had a rate of 110mph to deal with.

So how many would rule preventable?

I hope the driver that lost his drum dies a very painful death for what he's put me through... :twisted:

pb
DW..nice to hear from ya. Unfortunately, the truck that lost the drum that hit you, was probably a junk hauler, who wasn't tarped, and was haulin a$$ for the yard.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek Jackson
Preventable or non preventable accident? All accidents with no exception are preventable.
I think you must be mistaken