User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2006, 07:42 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
I do not know where Adam 9513 works. On the May Trucking company web-site they state that potential income for the the first year is $45,000.

My husband is a newbie and has only been there less than a week. But his trainer said that before he was a trainer he was averaging 3000 miles a week.

Now if my husband once he is on his own can average 3,000 mile a week at .32 a mile that will gross $960.00 a week if he did average that his first year of income would be $51,930. All calculations include pay increases at 6 and 9 months.

In the middle is around 2,800 a week that would put his gross yearly at $48,468.

Even if he only made 2,500 miles a week gross income would be $43,275 a year with the pay increases at 6 and 9 months.

If he is frugal on the road with eating out it should not cost much more than eating at home plus we will have that as tax write-offs at the end of the year.

These calculations do not include his first three weeks to a month in training were he will only make $500.00 a week nor do they include the $100.00 a month for tuition reimbursement.

I will be updating the May Trucking Company thread and letting everyone know how many miles he drives weekly once he is on his own in a few weeks. This should give you a sense of what is possible. I know we kept wondering how many miles a week most do and this is a way for newbies to see.

So just do some checking but what Adam said seems very low!

Good Luck!

Goin Fer It's Wife
i agree!! this is more like it for a newb! 20k??? in a year???
Old 10-14-2006, 04:54 PM
Rookie

no message
Old 10-14-2006, 07:11 PM