Yes - Wal-Mart is a sure place to park 13 48.15%
No 14 51.85%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2006, 09:28 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Wal-Mart is the devil incarnate. The Pinellas park Wal Mart is supposedly the #1 volume in the nation in sales. Ground is already broken for a new Wal mart less than 5 miles up the road. last time I went there it was so busy you couldn't even get a cart, and when i did finally get one the isles where so clogged with Mexicans, I couldn't even shop. After all that you have to wait in line about 15 deep full of morons and mexicans. F##k off Wal-Mart go set up shop in Mexico and take your shoppers with you.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Wal-Mart is the devil incarnate. The Pinellas park Wal Mart is supposedly the #1 volume in the nation in sales. Ground is already broken for a new Wal mart less than 5 miles up the road. last time I went there it was so busy you couldn't even get a cart, and when i did finally get one the isles where so clogged with Mexicans, I couldn't even shop. After all that you have to wait in line about 15 deep full of morons and mexicans. F##k off Wal-Mart go set up shop in Mexico and take your shoppers with you.
Wal-Mart has been Owned.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Walmart is a place to SHOP. It is a VERY convenient place to shop for everything in one place. Walmart is not a truckstop or a shipper or consignee (unless of course you are delivering there and this still applies). You need to get in, shop and get your butt out of the parking lot so some other trucker who need to shop can also get in there. Give em an inch and they take a mile!
Old 02-01-2006, 11:20 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
Walmart is a place to SHOP. It is a VERY convenient place to shop for everything in one place. Walmart is not a truckstop or a shipper or consignee (unless of course you are delivering there and this still applies). You need to get in, shop and get your butt out of the parking lot so some other trucker who need to shop can also get in there. Give em an inch and they take a mile!
I agree 100% !! I've NEVER parked at a Wal-mart overnight. I only park there for however long it takes me to get my stuff and put it away in my truck then I leave. While parking does suck a lot of places, mostly at night, I've never had to resort to a Wal-mart.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:40 PM

what ever gave drivers the idea that Wal Mart was a truck stop ?

simple , if you ask me. It's a store and not a truck stop or rest area.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivenaway
what ever gave drivers the idea that Wal Mart was a truck stop ?

simple , if you ask me. It's a store and not a truck stop or rest area.
Well .. There is a book called the Next Exit, that advertises in red, exits with Wal-Mart superstores with "Truck Parking." (enough room to park trucks without having to compete with 4-wheelers.

I know of for sure three Wal-marts that actually encourage truckers to park and hopefully shop. Sidney Nebraska, Lumberton NC, Fayetteville NC (Puppy Creek Area).

I have thought about the fact that the SuperStore Wal-Marts have huge parking lots that at night offer a refuge if all the rest stops, truck stops, and other conventional places are full and my HOS clock is reaching the end. I used the Wal-Mart in Sidney NE. The manager there is really cool.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:48 AM
Senior Board Member

Like many of you....I use Wallyworld (Supercenters) to replenish my supplies, but I have NEVER parked over night at one, with but one exception, and that is one outside of Indy....and that was BT with the managers permission.

I don't consider Wallyworlds to be truckstops, and so I do my business and leave. I too have gone to the trouble of locating the manager or MOD and thanking them for letting us park on their property to shop. They seem to appreciate the "thanks".

Keep a couple of things in mind though. There are some towns and cities in this country where the local zoning laws actually "prohibit" the parking of any CMV (truck) on those properties, unless they are delivering. Some of the parking lots were not constucted well enough to take the weight of a heavy CMV. Also, I have been in some Wallyworlds where I have been both surprised and disgusted by the sight of what some of our erstwhile bretheren have done....like dumping garbage out in the lot, tossing pee bottles out in the parking lot, etc. And whats more surprising is that these stores still permit us to park there. But I also think that the garbage and pee bottles has motivated some managers to close off their lots to trucks.

It only takes a couple of "rotten apples" to spoil the whole barrel. And the rest of us pay the price for it.

By in large, I find that the majority of them still allow us in, and I'm grateful that they do. Makes my life much easier when I need food and other items. Hopefully the jerks won't cause a company wide moratorium to be put in effect.

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 02-02-2006, 02:58 AM

This is a very interesting subject. However, I don't have the time to read the second page of postings. I do want to say that I think as a newbie somewhat, that the parking for trucks is atrocious. I cannot believe some of the truck stops. It is terrible that our country who depends on trucks for its livelihood expects us to deliver everything you can imagine and also keep in mind the importance of staying safe by getting our rest.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:46 AM
Default Yes

The supercenter where I live will let us park in the lot. The manager is very trucker friendly and I know all the law enforcement in the area. There is one caveat though. This parking can be taken away and the manager even told that RVer's are not exempt from this. If it is found that trash is laying all around all the time then the parking will go. He has been good enough to place large trash containers in the lot.

As for me I would fight if any truck stop tried to move into my town. Can't blame them at all and now understand why the Truck stops are outside of cities. Why do I want trash blowing all over the place. The Lot lizards and Dealers and my local law enforcement tied up because of them. The trucks that insist on having the Jake brakes on while not needed to just drive into the stop and around the lots are asisinine. Or my favorite is the trucker that takes a long piss in the lot and then afterwards goes into the truckstop to i guess wash his hands. I can go on and on.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
We help them by purchasing things which we need. I hate going to WalMart, anyway.
I say this everyday. Yet some how, some way. My gf cons me into going down there at least 5 times a week. :evil: :x :shock: