View Poll Results: I think the question of trucking pets can attract it's own form here on CAD.
or post reasons why you trucking with pets may not be a good idea. 2 13.33%
Post your pet stories and lets find out. 13 86.67%
And don't forget to give the reasons why. 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2007, 06:00 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

A Pet is a Great Stress releiver. Many pets such as Dogs loves to travel, yet some do not. Most cats do not but some do.

There wil always be those who will say it cruel.

I took my little buddy out with me, and made the mistake of leaving him at my parents on my way through towwn. When I left he was napping, but when I returned the next day, he had climb the fence and went out looking for me, not seen him since.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:55 AM
Senior Board Member

As a company driver I'm glad they dont allow pets. Personally when I'm issued a new truck (or newer) I prefer not to have to spend an extra 2 hours cleaning pet hair and other assorted pet related goodies out of the tractor left behind by some driver who insists that they cant live a day without their filthy hairball.
I wouldnt take a pet with me because I dont want to be hassled with feeding or taking car of a pet on the road. I dont live in the truck, I sleep in it and thats it. I live at home and home is where my pets live and they are alot happier there.
Wanna take a pet on the road? Buy an RV. :wink:
Old 04-20-2007, 01:36 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Put your favorite little buddy on the truck and have fun watching the dog run and play in the snow, slide on the ice and fetch his favorite toy in the big fresh mowed lawn at the shipper and at night you can laugh when he hikes his legs and pisses all over the polished wheel of that TMC truck !!!!
We used to allow pets over here and drivers always ask me why we dont allow them anymore. The reason is exactly this. Too many customers complained about drivers allowing their dogs to do their business on those lawns at the shippers and recievers. Our drivers were warned about it many times. They didnt stop it and BAMMO....no more pets ever. So when drivers complain to me about us not allowing pets, I simply say, dont blame us, blame your fellow drivers. Because they were the one who caused that policy to be in place.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:51 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kips41
This is funny......ok for a human to live in a truck, but not a dog, because of the material that the interior of the truck is made of stinks.
Living in the truck is your CHOICE. Your pet isn't given a choice nor does it have the reasoning ability to make one if it could. The vinyl not only stinks, it is poisonous. You ever notice a film on the interior windows of a vehicle that has been closed up for a long period of time? THAT is the toxic residue of the chemicals used in vinyl production that have evaporated settled on the glass. That is why older vinyl cracks and peels. The chemicals that keep it soft and pliable leech out over time.

Quote:
And it is dangerous !!! So is talking on the cell, using the qualcomm and reading a map.
But a phone, map and Qualcomm RARELY if ever, have been known to jump up on your lap while you were driving and not READY to have them do so. They also never piss on your bed or start chewing on your electrical wires or crawl under your feet preventing you from stopping or distracting your attention from the road ahead. :wink:

Quote:
Some of you guys over analyze and take this trucking stuff way to serious. Put your favorite little buddy on the truck and have fun watching the dog run and play in the snow, slide on the ice and fetch his favorite toy in the big fresh mowed lawn at the shipper and at night you can laugh when he hikes his legs and pisses all over the polished wheel of that TMC truck !!!!
Childish but funny. Also don't forget to enjoy the feeling of me kicking your a$$ when I catch your dog peeing on my truck.

Quote:
Not only is it good to get the dog out for some exercise, you will get your big fat buffet eating butt out of the truck too and you will have someone to talk too that will never tell you he is not wearing his panties. !!!!!
I'm not fat and get PLENTY of exercise flat-bedding. And how do you KNOW my dog isn't wearing any panties? :P
Old 04-21-2007, 01:10 AM
Senior Board Member

I would be to worried about my pet getting lost in an area that they would be unfamiliar with,...but then again, my pets are poorly behaved.
An actual pet that behaves is probably not a problem.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:01 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldiesPlating
Quote:
This is funny......ok for a human to live in a truck, but not a dog, because of the material that the interior of the truck is made of stinks.
Living in the truck is your CHOICE. Your pet isn't given a choice nor does it have the reasoning ability to make one if it could. The vinyl not only stinks, it is poisonous. You ever notice a film on the interior windows of a vehicle that has been closed up for a long period of time? THAT is the toxic residue of the chemicals used in vinyl production that have evaporated settled on the glass. That is why older vinyl cracks and peels. The chemicals that keep it soft and pliable leech out over time.

Quote:
And it is dangerous !!! So is talking on the cell, using the qualcomm and reading a map.
But a phone, map and Qualcomm RARELY if ever, have been known to jump up on your lap while you were driving and not READY to have them do so. They also never piss on your bed or start chewing on your electrical wires or crawl under your feet preventing you from stopping or distracting your attention from the road ahead. :wink:

Quote:
Some of you guys over analyze and take this trucking stuff way to serious. Put your favorite little buddy on the truck and have fun watching the dog run and play in the snow, slide on the ice and fetch his favorite toy in the big fresh mowed lawn at the shipper and at night you can laugh when he hikes his legs and pisses all over the polished wheel of that TMC truck !!!!
Childish but funny. Also don't forget to enjoy the feeling of me kicking your a$$ when I catch your dog peeing on my truck.

Quote:
Not only is it good to get the dog out for some exercise, you will get your big fat buffet eating butt out of the truck too and you will have someone to talk too that will never tell you he is not wearing his panties. !!!!!
I'm not fat and get PLENTY of exercise flat-bedding. And how do you KNOW my dog isn't wearing any panties? :P

Someone is a tad on the touchy side aren't we. You and Sheep should start a trucker recruiting company together since between the two of you, ya'll have all the answers. Somthing stinks around here.....oh, my dog just did a poo job by YOUR driver's door.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:09 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Someone is a tad on the touchy side aren't we. You and Sheep should start a trucker recruiting company together since between the two of you, ya'll have all the answers. Somthing stinks around here.....oh, my dog just did a poo job by YOUR driver's door.
Nahhh not touchy. Cranky maybe but NEVER touchy. :wink:
Old 04-21-2007, 04:25 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldiesPlating
Quote:
Nahhh not touchy. Cranky maybe but NEVER touchy. :wink:
I checked with 7 vets around my area, and NONE of them have heard of what either one of you said....They even make vinyl car seats for dogs, for craps sake. I think the biggest problem is, neither one of your companies allows pets. so, you're both just jealous.... :lol: :lol:
Old 04-21-2007, 10:35 AM
Senior Board Member

Its bad enough that lazy fat ass drivers cant haul their "Country Pride Gut" to the bathroom and just piss all over the parking or cant walk the 10 feet to a garbage can to toss their trash but instead just throw it out the window lot but now you have to deal with the same lazy fat assed drivers who let their animals piss and crap all over the parking lot at a truck stop.

Oh and I'm sure everyone with a pet ALWAYS cleans up after their pet and has never opened their door to piss all over a parking lot.

I talked to a O/O with our company who met another O/O with the company who kept 7 cats in their truck.

Good Grief! The smell must have been incredible. But if you live in filth 24/7 I guess the smell isnt so offensive after awhile.

Next time you catch some dog taking a leak on your truck, just mace the owner.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:46 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharismaticEvil
as opposed to say... a lot lizard in the case of male drivers.
You're soo right, I've never heard female drivers talking dirty at the truckstops and meeting up with other drivers, EVER ever!!! :roll: :roll:

(Women hire male hookers too :wink: )