Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Family Support Forum (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/family-support-forum-14/)
-   -   Found my daughter... now what? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/family-support-forum/42354-found-my-daughter-now-what.html)

golfhobo 03-06-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadhog (Post 524228)
You do have a lot of green chicklets. :)

You had MORE, when I first encountered you on the board. But, YOU took a break. Those chicklets just mean I talk too much! lol.

golfhobo 03-07-2013 12:04 AM

Sorry, I dont know WHY this site found it necessary or PRUDENT to include two "angry face" emoticons in Hoggie's post! They were NOT there originally! [or so it seems... I guess he COULD have removed them.] WTF do I know... or care?

freebirdrfd 03-07-2013 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo (Post 524187)
Well, things really are happening fast! Only one week from today she'll be HERE! But... she couldn't wait that long I guess. Last week, I got a run through K.C. to Phoenix. took me right thru ABQ. Had to stall her on the way out cuz I needed to get there ASAP to get a good run back. But, I had some time to spare on the return trip, so I stopped in ABQ for about 3 hours... and had dinner with her! Good thing, too... cuz, my co-driver just quit and I probably won't be getting back out there again anytime soon. I'm probably going to shift to a SOLO run for a long while... maybe, permanent.

Anyway... it was the perfect "ice breaker." With her friend there, she felt more at ease... and we had a wonderful time. Now, she'll be less stressed over coming here to meet me and my family. Talked to my Dad the next day and he asked (jokingly,) "Well... now that she's met YOU, is she still coming to see US?" LOL!

I DID tell y'all that she is planning on moving here, right? So... now I see why I bought the boat! ;)

Things couldn't be better for me right now. I've wanted this ALL of HER life! Hate that it took so long, but... I still have a few good years left. Now, they won't be so lonely, and I won't be so depressed. I might even get to LIKE some of you! LOL!

I won't be wasting so much time arguing with idiots on the politics thread, but... I guess you've noticed that. But, I still want to be part of the board and will help new drivers if they are stupid enough to take my advice. ;)

I just want to thank ALL of you, once again, for your advice and support in this crucial matter in my life. I couldn't have asked for a better group of "friends" to lean on!

I will keep this thread going so I can give more updates. Many of you have almost as much invested in this as I have. I hope I'm not boring anyone.

If you want to see what "we" look like, or follow our friendship/relationship.... here is MY facebook page link: (I don't really wear those glasses. They are for reading.)

http://www.facebook.com/dennis.harris.9480

[Sorry I am so ugly. I know most of you thought I must be a GOD or something! lol! just friggin' KIDDING!]

Thanks again everyone! Be back soon.

It won't let me on to your Facebook page :(

Roadhog 03-07-2013 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hobo
Sorry, I dont know WHY this site found it necessary or PRUDENT to include two "angry face" emoticons in Hoggie's post! They were NOT there originally! [or so it seems... I guess he COULD have removed them.] WTF do I know... or care?

That is strange, as the angry faces didn't come from me, either.

btw, I was referring to the new friendships being enriched, by your reunion with your daughter. :)

Wait 'till they find out aboot us, eh! :) We're like the relatives you see wading waist deep in flood water holding an umbrella.

golfhobo 03-07-2013 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freebirdrfd (Post 524234)
It won't let me on to your Facebook page :(

Probably gonna cost you a dollar! lol! Seriously, I just clicked the link and it worked for me. But, if you can't get on, PM me with YOUR f/b link, and I'll try to friend YOU.

Meanwhile, tomorrow I will try to find the help page and check out my privacy settings. There's GOT to be an override to let "shady Truckdrivers" access! lol!

Hell...they let Hoggie on there! :eek1:

golfhobo 03-07-2013 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadhog (Post 524235)
Wait 'till they find out aboot us, eh! :) We're like the relatives you see wading waist deep in flood water holding an umbrella.

Naw.... you're the smart ones that know that an umbrella makes no sense in that situation! What could happen? You get WET? ;)

Lol... The Ring II anyone? :eek1:

Jackrabbit379 03-07-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo (Post 524223)
Yeah, I saw it and accepted it. Almost didn't cuz I didn't know your name at all, and that guy sure didn't look much like a trucker at first! lol. But, when I saw Wichita Falls, I knew it had to be you. I'll get back to you there soon. As you might imagine, I'm getting a ton of requests at the moment... due to people telling people I USED to know about me and my daughter. Life sure is different now!

Who KNEW "the Hobo" could be so popular, eh?

haha. :D

Thanks...
Yeah, you will find people, or they will find you that you grew up with, etc.. The longer you stay on facebook, the more you'll like it. My wife talked me into getting on it, and all of a sudden, I saw people that I haven't seen I 10, or even 20 years.

golfhobo 03-12-2013 06:02 PM

Update: She is HERE!

She came into town last evening. We had dinner at the Outback. Then, since we had already broken the ice in ABQ, she agreed (or wanted) to go over to the house and see my folks and my sister. We had a good evening!

She is having a "shopping day" with my mom and sis today. And we'll have a simple BBQ dinner at the folks house tonight. Tomorrow, we are all going to the Biltmore Castle in Asheville. Thursday.... the meet and interview with my Dad's friend, followed by birthday dinner/party for my sis. [Brother and Sis-in-law coming down for that.]

Friday, I get to meet my grandkids for a short time before she leaves. But, she'll be back in June and I have a place at the beach reserved for all of us.

Thanks again to all who have cared so much.

freebirdrfd 03-13-2013 12:28 AM

I'm glad it's all finally working out for you.

GMAN 03-13-2013 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo (Post 524225)
Thanks, GMAN. We may see some things differently, but I've always known you were a good family man. Your support in this is very much appreciated. I just don't know HOW I'm going to explain that blue mask if she ever checks in here! lol.

I am glad that you were finally able to make contact with your daughter, hobo. I have always felt that family was the most important thing that we have on this planet. Family gives us a sense of who we are and provides a good support system. Not only have you found your daughter, but are now a grandparent, as well. You should have her check in for a visit. I would hate to give up my blue mask.