User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2006, 02:04 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Just a update I sent him to military school and when he came back he was totally different much easier to get along with and doesn't sit there and whine when I tell him to do something and this summer me and him are going to go otr he will help me trying to repay his debt.

Old 06-21-2006, 12:57 AM

Good! I knew that would do it!

My brother did some drugs and got caught, spent the weekend in jail and came out the same. Later on, he stole some cars, and off to jail he went. Went through the system for about 9 months before he got out.

When he came out, we found he had a 6 month old daughter (another 'bad" thing he did before stealing the cars). But we also found a whole new person. My brother CHANGED. "Grew the hell up" type of Changed. He was more ready and responsible enough to be a father, does no drugs, holds down a over-full-time job, and is taking care of both his 'baby momma' and beautiful daughter.

Jail, military school, or super tough love, all of them WORK and I've seen it to know. You did the right thing, he may not forgive you now mack, but when he gets older and can look back with 20/20 vision and some more wisdom, he'll thank you for doing what you did. That ain't too tough of punishment, it's a "Get your act together, this is the Real World you'll be living in soon" slap. Good for you Mack. I'd have done the same in your shoes. Although, since jail leaves a record, I probably would have done the Military School option like you did, or the "Put on a truck and worked ass off" option.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:11 AM
Senior Board Member

Can't belive he did that? Want my .02? Here it is!!!

OK- he stole the truck, something that could have killed someone. Guess what your insurance would say if he got in a wreck and injured someone! Hint: they wouldn't pay (unless you reported it stolen, a hard thing to do on your own blood). Luckily, he didn't, and you knew the person. If it were me, someone you DON'T know...there would be a police report. He'd lose his license for the offense (no cdl) and for the alcohol (zero tolerance law).

Second- he was DRUNK? At 16, thats 5 years premature to drink according to the law. If hes stupid enough to drive drunk, he needs a whoopin. As a father, I'd send his azz to AA or another substance abuse program...for real. Drinking at 16 is gonna be problems down the road...

Next, take away his freedoms. Driving anymore? Hah! Hope he pays for his own insurance, if not, he better. Does he have a cell phone..hah...not NO more.

Whats next, will he steal your firearm (if you have one) and impress his friends at a party?

Where theres smoke..theres fire. I undersatnd everyone messes up, but I don't know his record or his personality, but there must be repricussions.

My parents would beat my butt, make me do hours and hours of community service, and probably report this to the police to protect them. What he did was wreckless, and could have killed my mom, sister, or father with a 22,000# missle at the hands of a kid with less than 1 year driving experience in an autombile. I'm glad he didn't kill anyone or himself :shock:
Old 06-23-2006, 04:23 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditsCousin
Can't belive he did that? Want my .02? Here it is!!!

OK- he stole the truck, something that could have killed someone. Guess what your insurance would say if he got in a wreck and injured someone! Hint: they wouldn't pay (unless you reported it stolen, a hard thing to do on your own blood). Luckily, he didn't, and you knew the person. If it were me, someone you DON'T know...there would be a police report. He'd lose his license for the offense (no cdl) and for the alcohol (zero tolerance law).

Second- he was DRUNK? At 16, thats 5 years premature to drink according to the law. If hes stupid enough to drive drunk, he needs a whoopin. As a father, I'd send his azz to AA or another substance abuse program...for real. Drinking at 16 is gonna be problems down the road...

Next, take away his freedoms. Driving anymore? Hah! Hope he pays for his own insurance, if not, he better. Does he have a cell phone..hah...not NO more.

Whats next, will he steal your firearm (if you have one) and impress his friends at a party?

Where theres smoke..theres fire. I undersatnd everyone messes up, but I don't know his record or his personality, but there must be repricussions.

My parents would beat my butt, make me do hours and hours of community service, and probably report this to the police to protect them. What he did was wreckless, and could have killed my mom, sister, or father with a 22,000# missle at the hands of a kid with less than 1 year driving experience in an autombile. I'm glad he didn't kill anyone or himself :shock:
Your late.....that's what happen last year he's just updating you on what he did and his plan of action now!
Old 06-23-2006, 07:51 PM
Default yea

glad to see the kid turned himsef around
Old 09-10-2006, 02:08 AM
Rookie

i am sorry but i say if it was me and my son would have ever done that i would have let his but go to jail, then made him work to pay me back and bust his a*s because the boy new what he was doing
and this is the really world they will not always have mommy and daddy to get them out of trouble and if you don't bust down on him now
one of these days he is going to get in big trouble and you will not be able to get him out of it don't baby him make him face what he did
from trucker wife 26
and i am not a cold hard b*tch i am just a mother
Old 09-10-2006, 06:21 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Super ModeratorSenior Board Member

UPDATE: MACK turned out to be a 16 year old kid, most likely the one who stole the truck in this episode. No sense in responding as MACK won't be getting any help on this forum. Lying is one thing, starting fights with others is another.

Old 11-12-2006, 01:46 PM
Rookie
Default 16 year old

send him to boot camp or make him get a P/T job to help pay for what he alone did
Old 11-12-2006, 01:59 PM
Board Icon

Old 01-11-2007, 06:55 PM
Rookie

My trucker has 13 year old boy who he loves dearly and is often very easy on because he has a lot of guilt about being away a lot and not being able to "teach" him to be a responsible man. Well I'm here to tell you that going easy on your kids just because you're out making a living is not doing them any favors. You need to allow the punishment to fit the crime and this one was 1. irresponsible, 2. dangerous, and 3. expensive and he needs to pay for all of it.
Do your wife a favor by not letting it slide, do your son a favor by not letting him off easy, and do yourself a favor by parenting the way he needs to be parented. It's a tough thing to do, but it's the right thing to do!
If I were you - he'd pay for the damages, and he'd be attending 4 weeks of AA meetings BEFORE work. I'm sure a good listen to some stories from ladies and gentleman who had killed someone and lived, or who had ruined lives or marriages or families will leave a lasting impression and 4 weeks or so should ensure he hears plenty.
Closed Thread