User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2005, 03:28 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

You're right Batman-Like in the news yesterday about the woman who wanted to be a "Friend" to her Kid-Had sex parties and furnished Drugs to them.

Just love hearing from these Anti-War -Anti-Military Whacko's :roll:
Old 07-28-2005, 11:42 PM
Board Regular
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Hey idiot

Im a vet. From your posts id bet you're just another chickenhawk freeper.

Twilight- What you said is true. He made a serious mistake. But he's a teenager. A kid. Remembr what its like to be a teenager? When i was one my brother "stole" the family car and left it in a ditch. Parents didnt put him in prison for it. If we'd had a 19kpound rig you can get thats what he would have done. When i was a teen I made mistakes. When you were so did you. It is part of growing up. The idea is to teach your children not to make mistakes like that. Not to compound it. Some of the posts in this thread were constructive. Like the driving suggestion. The make him work it off suggestions. Some of the others, like the aforementioned freeper dweeb, are just made by sad little men who want to see others in pain. Preferably others who cant fight back. If i gave you the impression i thought the kid shouldnt be taught a lesson its because my mouth doesnt always communicate.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:55 AM
Board Icon
Default Re: Hey idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdreid
Im a vet. From your posts id bet you're just another chickenhawk freeper.

Twilight- What you said is true. He made a serious mistake. But he's a teenager. A kid. Remembr what its like to be a teenager? When i was one my brother "stole" the family car and left it in a ditch. Parents didnt put him in prison for it. If we'd had a 19kpound rig you can get thats what he would have done. When i was a teen I made mistakes. When you were so did you. It is part of growing up. The idea is to teach your children not to make mistakes like that. Not to compound it. Some of the posts in this thread were constructive. Like the driving suggestion. The make him work it off suggestions. Some of the others, like the aforementioned freeper dweeb, are just made by sad little men who want to see others in pain. Preferably others who cant fight back. If i gave you the impression i thought the kid shouldnt be taught a lesson its because my mouth doesnt always communicate.
I'll put my 214 against yours any day of the week you little twirp.
Been and saw more combat in 14 months than you've probably ever seen. You probably have seen NONE
I'm HARDLY a little man-door is WIDE open little boy
Old 07-29-2005, 12:46 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

First of all, enough with the posturing please on both sides. Tossing insults and threats over the internet is going to accomplish nothing but muddy up the thread. I got sick and tired of deleting pointless insult posts from a couple of posters earlier this week and do not wish to have to do it again.

Now, back to the topic.

Quote:
When i was one my brother "stole" the family car and left it in a ditch
With all due respect, taking the family car and putting it in the ditch isn't even in the same ballpark as jacking Dad's truck and livlihood and hitting another car with someone in it. As I said, this kid was lucky he didn't kill someone or he'd be sitting in jail up on manslaughter charges.

Anyway, I don't disagree that there are preferrable methods to dealing with his problems than sending him off to boot camp right away. But as I said, I would much rather send my kid to military school than to juvi hall or prison, any day of the week. Maybe the kid will learn a lesson and straighten out before drastic measures need to be taken. Then again, maybe having a sergeant screaming in his face will be the only way. Better that than having a warden do it, with fifty other punk kids waiting outside the door to lead him down any number of dead-end paths.

Old 07-29-2005, 04:31 PM
Board Regular
Default Forgive me twilight

But i get really sick of these chickenhawk freepers cowards tossing insults. Being told you and your friends who served are traitors by people who couldnt be bothered gets a little annoying.

Of course theres a difference in damage. Theres a difference in the scale of what he did. But the intent was the same. He just had a bigger opportunity to make worse mistakes. And frankly i thought the suggestion that he be put on the truck and be forced to work the money off over the next few months loading and unloading was brilliant.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:01 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
But i get really sick of these chickenhawk freepers cowards tossing insults. Being told you and your friends who served are traitors by people who couldnt be bothered gets a little annoying.
That's why I said both sides need to reign it in. There has been enough mud-slinging from both sides over the past week or two to cover everybody with crap about 6 inches deep. I'd like to see everyone, regardless of differences of opinion, just try and get along a bit better.

As to the suggestion of putting the kid on the truck, I though that was a good idea, too.

Old 07-31-2005, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD45
I imagine that the justice system would teach him a lesson. Do the police know about the accident? These are some pretty serious charges. Grand theft auto, driving under the influence, and leaving the scene of an accident.
I think he does need to be taught a lesson by the justice system......
Old 08-06-2005, 10:29 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I know I'm a little behind the times here but I just couldn't belive this when I read it. I don't know what your state laws are but where I live in MN having a license at 16 is a parental privledge. One in which a parent can revoke. However if you so chose to do it they can not get the license again till they are 18 years old.

Now. One this kid "stole" the truck, and two and much more worse he "drank and drove" drinking and driving in a car kills people, he could have killed a bus load of people in that truck.

If it were my son, the license would be gone AND he'd be paying for all the damages.

Those are seriouse offenses that should be delt with in a very serious manner.. no slap on the rist here.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:52 PM
Senior Board Member

I have tried the truck idea before when he has got in trouble for drinking and other stuff and now I don't know what to do and I agree with Bat Boy Military school should be a last resort but it's the only thing left and I don't want him to end up in prison and he is now working his a** off doing anything and everything around hear and at the yard were the trucks park.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:54 PM
Senior Board Member

I'm an ex Juvenile delinquent and car thief. It all happened before I was 16, so it doesn't show anywhere. I even got a Top Secret clearance in the navy.

I'd have to know more about the kid. I'd grade him on appearance, quality of friends, work habits, degree of remorse for the act, attitude toward law enforcement, and maybe some other things.

I'm not too much in favor of beating him to death over it, but not too much in favor of coddling him, either. Number one; make sure he gets through high school. Then, maybe the service will appeal to him. If not, then a trade school of one sort or another....

If the kid is NOT going to finish high school, has friends that look like dirt bags, looks like a dirt bag himself, then I would take drastic action. But my experience is, you do the best you can to love the kid anyway.

My father and I didn't survive my adolesence. He forced me off into the navy, refused to allow me to come home after Boot Camp, refused to allow me to come home for Christmas, and I never forgave him. Not going to, either. Jerks have kids, too.

So you'll have lots of chances to blow it, lots of chances to make up.....best of luck with all of 'em.