Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2005, 11:39 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I think I would have him work everyday after school and on weekends until the repairs were reimbursed. Once school was out, I would have him work night and day to pay you back. If he has a car, you could sell it and apply the money to what he owes you. He needs to learn that there are no free rides. Even after he goes to military school, he could still continue working to repay this debt. 8)
Old 06-19-2005, 11:43 PM
Rookie

Thats a good idea to.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:21 PM

My dad woulda beat my butt half off and then I would have worked and did nothing else til it was paid off. No TV no phone no going out nothing.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:41 AM

Sometimes Kid's will be Kid's,Military school is a little harsh,just another word for reform school.
First ask your self,Has he gave trouble before?What kind of grades does he make in his school?Basically is he a good kid?
An I know this one will hurt,& we don't need an answer,But answer this one truthful to yourself,What kind of father have I been?(not just material thing's.
Sure hope you don't think of me as being smarta#$,Because I raised a son also.>>>>Bentpole
Old 06-26-2005, 05:22 AM
Rookie
Default wow

i have had problems like thet with my soon to be step daughter she did not still the truck but she was doing it beacuse she misses her dad and wants attention from him my suggestion is that you take him with you for the summer make him help you n the truck so hes doing mos of the hard stuff like dropping trailors and so on dont let him sleep if your not show him what its like to be you and how important your truck is to your life style also it will make him fill important and he will learn from it but dont make it to much fun rember he is being punished
Old 07-01-2005, 04:54 PM
Rookie

i agree with sunshine Mack...take his butt out on the road for the summer...let him do ALL the work. fueling. lumping (which u keep money to repay u for repairs to ur truck and friends car) no sleep unless u sleep, no video games. Tough Love is the best way to teach him responsibilities. As a mom of 3 now grown boys... they all are fine gentlemen. i am not a child abuser by no means...but a tuff situation like he has put u in would not get any sympathy from me. be as tuff on him as he has been on u. he will respect u for it later. if u let him slide even the slightest on this issue...it will only get worse. good luck...been there, done that.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:16 PM

I imagine that the justice system would teach him a lesson. Do the police know about the accident? These are some pretty serious charges. Grand theft auto, driving under the influence, and leaving the scene of an accident.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Why are YOU looking for a job for him?

Have him get his happy little _ _ _ off the couch and start looking, and give him a short time period to find something. If after that time or he doesn't get off his little _ _ _ tell him that he will start working every spare minute cleaning. During that time make the payback small - $.50 a day.

My experience with law enforcement when it comes to juvenile problems is 100% depressing dissappointment.

The other side of this coin is that he may be calling out to you wanting something from you.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:33 AM
Board Regular
Default So

You pathetic *** would report your kid to the cops, get them to throw him in jail and not pay his bail? Talk about poor excuses for human beings. Military school? Mental masterbation is fun isnt it? Thinking about your son getting screamed at , hazed et al for the next year or two? Why the ungreatful little brat! After i spent a good ten seconds making him! You're going to take him away from all his friends. His life. His future. Inflict idiotic rambo wannabe drill sargeants on him as a teen.. because he made a mistake. You havent made any have ya? Specially when you were a teenager..

Go ahead. Listen to a group of sad old lonely hateful men tell you how to raise your kid. Send him to military school. He's not the one who's gonna pay. YOU are. Because he's going to remember what you do now for the rest of his life. Dont matter you think? "Hey ill always be his dad"? Well when you're 70 sitting in a truck somewhere alone wishing someone would call or ask you to visit. When your in an old folks home wondering why you never see your kid, etc etc etc you just remember the "wisdom" these jackasses taught you.

You will only EVER do one thing in your life thats important. Noone will remember the miles you ran. Noone will ever knwo the house you built was there. Your "career" will disappear into the ether the day you die. Your children are the ONLY thing you will EVER do that mean anything. The rest is just getting yourself "stuff".

Try putting him on the truck with you for six months. You'll get closer. He'll learn truck driving AND way more than pay you back in labor. And you both might learn something. That you'd even consider sending him to military school to "get him outa your hair" says a lot about your relationship already.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:58 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Um, you might want to reread what the initial poster said. His kid didn't just screw up. His kid committed serious crimes, if you want to get down to the brass tacks of it all, and he was darn well lucky he didn't kill someone.

I make mistakes as an adult and made plenty as a teenager. All of us do and did. But few of us can claim credit for jacking a 19K pound rig and taking it to a drinking party, only to wreck it later on in an accident with another vehicle. Those of us that have screwed up to that level as a teenager, usually end up in juvi hall or worse.

In this kids case, if the punishment doesn't fit the crime (which was pretty darn serious and warrants some pretty serious action), he's the one you will read about in a few years that jacks a few cars and kills a few people on a merry crime spree across the country with one of his equally retarded friends. :roll:

Parents have a responsibility to love and teach their children and sometimes those lessons need to be harsh. Letting the kid off with a pat on the top of the head and an 'oh, it'll be all right, so let's go fishing' is little more than neglect. Children need to know there are consequences to every action, both good and bad. Those consequences should match the screw-up and if that means correcting serious disciplinary problems in a military setting, then so be it. While I agree that military school should only be a final solution if other serious consequences do not have the desired behavior-changing effect, military school is still a far better option than juvi hall or prison, which is exactly what's in this kid's future if he doesn't get straightened out. Ask yourself this: which would you prefer if it was your child?

Closed Thread