User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I feel for you, if things don't straighten up around here me and my wife of 11 years are headed in the same direction. I don't believe in the D word but unfortunately we all have to face what is best for us. Our Lord might not be a fan of divorce but nether does he want us to be unhappy. Pray for guidance and make sure this is the path you need to take. I really hope you can salvage thing man, I really do.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeshock View Post
Our Lord might not be a fan of divorce but nether does he want us to be unhappy.
I don't think that's what He said.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:31 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

When WOT's father was found to have cancer, my words came quite easily. I had no problem being very re-assuring.

It has not been so easy being positive about your wife. Yes, I did try, and hoped with all my heart that I succeeded.

I won't quote scriptures. But, some years ago, there was a song. The words were: "You've got to walk that lonesome valley. You've got to walk it by yourself. No body else can walk it for you. You've got to walk it by yourself."

It doesn't speak for me, or you. It speaks for everyone. Including your wife. It is possible that in spite how positive any attitudes are, she may already know things that have not been diagnosed yet. You can feel things in your own body that scans may not have picked up yet. Each of us do, and this includes your wife, what we feel is right for us at the time. Later, we may look back at it and realize how wrong we were, but at the time, it feels right. She may have known she is facing the end of her life for some time, and she must do what is right for her, in her own mind, before the end comes. And, if that is the case, then it is for you to support her as best as you can. It seems the medical profession is having difficulty keeping up with the advances in her condition. From the beginning, it seemed like they took too much time.

If she feels things they have not found yet, she may feel that it is far more important that she does as she is doing because of less time to do so in. If that makes sense. It does not make it easy on you to try to understand it, and it may even be far more difficult for her. If you think of it in this way, she is the target, and you, the kids, and family are collateral damage. In her own mind, she may also be trying to relieve you of financial responsibillity. Whatever she's doing, she's making her own footsteps across that valley. If you have a chance to actually sit down and listen to what she says, you may realize just where her mind is.

One thought you might keep in mind is: "MAY GOD IN HEAVEN NEVER LEAVE HER SIDE". And, I pray that HE never leaves yours.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:30 AM
Board Icon

Thank you for the update. You have not been far from my mind all this time. You didn't say if she's improving or simply holding her own. God keep watch over you all.