User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I just saw this Mackman. I'm very sorry to hear of this. Hang in there, it's going to be tough.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:41 PM

Hey Mackman,
If there can be any good news from this, it would be that prostate cancer if caught early enough has a good ratio of recovery. My father is 84 years old, he was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2001 at age 76 The Drs gave him a healty/unhealty doss of radiation via some sort of seeds implanted in the prostate and he came out of it ok, all things considered, there have been some minor issues such as occasional urinary leakage and interior scar tissue pain, but the alternative would have been worse, he stills plays two rounds of golf every week and is able to do a 15 minute mile on the treadmill along with his other excersises.
The key is to stay positve and believe.
I wish your dad the best.

Timberwolf
Old 11-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Senior Board Member

Sorry to hear this Mackman; I lost my dad this summer from cancer, it really sucks. Thoughts n' prayers your way
Old 11-25-2009, 09:28 PM
Rookie

Ya, Mackman, sorry to hear this. My Dad went through Prostate cancer 5 years ago. Now he is going through bladder cancer. Suppose to be non related.

If it ain't one thing it's another.

This cancer thing REALLY needs a kick in the ass!
Old 11-25-2009, 09:41 PM
K-Mart Secret Shopper
Senior Board Member

Mackman - there is some good treatment out there for it. My dad had prostate cancer. He had his prostate removed and they monitored him for awhile. Once his PSA levels started rising again, they brought him back in - becasue they had missed like a cell or something. He had weekly treatments and he's going strong again. Tell you father not to take it so hard. He may be down (tired) for a bit but he's likely to have success. The good thing is it was caught. Prayers are going out for your father. Keep the faith!

Humphry Davy
Old 11-26-2009, 12:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Sorry to hear about your dad mackman, Cancer is an ugly thing. I pray everything turns out for the best.

Slimland
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 11-26-2009, 03:52 PM
Board Icon

I'm a little late here, Mackman. I just found this thread. I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Sad deal. We're praying for yall!

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 03-16-2011, 01:13 AM
Senior Board Member

Well here is a 2year update. My dad has been in the hospital for the last 2 days. Its not looking real good. They think the cancer spread to his lymph nodes. He can barley walk. He is in so much pain. I hate to see him like this. They are talking about radiation with a Lazar to his hips. Thats where all the pain is. I still have alot of hope. I just hope my dad has hope inside him and he hasn't given up.

I haven't cried in i couldn't tell you how long. years. But tonight i just broke down like an old wore out peterbilt. It was bad. I'm fighting back tears as i type this.

Just had to get this out. Even if its on this forum that i been a member of for a long time. It helps. Thank god for my mom and good friends who are helping me thur all this. Thanks everyone.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 03-16-2011, 09:55 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman View Post
Well here is a 2year update. My dad has been in the hospital for the last 2 days. Its not looking real good. They think the cancer spread to his lymph nodes. He can barley walk. He is in so much pain. I hate to see him like this. They are talking about radiation with a Lazar to his hips. Thats where all the pain is. I still have alot of hope. I just hope my dad has hope inside him and he hasn't given up.

I haven't cried in i couldn't tell you how long. years. But tonight i just broke down like an old wore out peterbilt. It was bad. I'm fighting back tears as i type this.

Just had to get this out. Even if its on this forum that i been a member of for a long time. It helps. Thank god for my mom and good friends who are helping me thur all this. Thanks everyone.
sound to me Mackman like it is you who needs not give up and hope. Your dad is still hanging in there with all the pain and the misery that comes with cancer. I cannot say what he is thinking, but after 2 years and with what you posted here, I don't think I would have made it myself if I was in his position.. So he is a strong man, and you as his son has that same inside you.. hang in there and keep posting my friend, even if it is to rant cause we all need to at sometime..

Slimland
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 03-16-2011, 02:05 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman View Post

I didn't see this thread the first time around Mack. I am sorry for that!!

I am sorry that your Dad is going through this.

Like Slimland said....Do not give up on him yourself! Be as strong for him, as he has always been for you. Don't worry about the tears! It is okay to have them!

All of my best wishes for your Dad, for you and your entire family!!