Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Family Support Forum (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/family-support-forum-14/)
-   -   My Dad (cancer) (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/family-support-forum/38991-my-dad-cancer.html)

Mackman 11-04-2009 06:19 PM

My Dad (cancer)

Well my dad has been showing signs of Prostate Cancer. So he got a biopsy done and it came back positive for prostate cancer:(. He goes in 2morrow to get bones tests done and some other stuff.

We are taking this kinda hard. My dad is only 57. Sad thing is he has all the signs of Advanced Prostate Cancer. All i can do is just pray that it is only within the prostate and hasn't spread.

To every man reading this if you are above 50 go get yearly blood work done for your prostate. My dad never did even after we try to get him to. He just wouldn't go intill he had the warning signs and by then it may be too late.

devildice 11-04-2009 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackman (Post 466826)
Well my dad has been showing signs of Prostate Cancer. So he got a biopsy done and it came back positive for prostate cancer:(. He goes in 2morrow to get bones tests done and some other stuff.

We are taking this kinda hard. My dad is only 57. Sad thing is he has all the signs of Advanced Prostate Cancer. All i can do is just pray that it is only within the prostate and hasn't spread.

To every man reading this if you are above 50 go get yearly blood work done for your prostate. My dad never did even after we try to get him to. He just wouldn't go intill he had the warning signs and by then it may be too late.

I am sorry to hear about your father. He and your family will be in my prayers

freebirdrfd 11-05-2009 12:17 AM

Sorry to hear that Mackman, i wish you and your family the best.

Snowman7 11-05-2009 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freebirdrfd (Post 466852)
Sorry to hear that Mackman, i wish you and your family the best.

That goes double for me mackman.

ronjon619 11-05-2009 01:28 AM

sorry to hear the bad news

dobry4u 11-05-2009 08:20 PM

Sorry to hear this, Mackman. I am hoping for the best for your dad.

dle 11-05-2009 11:29 PM

our prayers go with all of you.

I've lost both of my in-laws and my brother to cancer.

Mackman 11-06-2009 01:18 AM

Thanks for the thoughts everyone.

I thought they were going to do the tests today but they didn't. Bone scan and cat scan get done next Friday. But they did give him a shot of Kemo and gave him a prescription for some short of pills. The Doctor also said he thinks it didn't spread cuz his prostate is not enlarged. But we wont really know anything intill the tests.

Good thing he has great heath insurance (threw my mom who works for the state) Cuz the pills would be 800/month if he had to pay for them. Luckly he only pays 10 bucks.

mommee 11-07-2009 02:33 AM

sorry to hear about your dad. will pray for him.

DaveP 11-15-2009 11:26 AM

Sorry to hear Mackman...

I know the feeling. Kind of makes everything else in your life right now seem not quite so important AND kind of numb all at the same time....

This is worth a read...My Dance with Cancer - Home