View Poll Results: Do you believe in Spirits ?
Yes 11 84.62%
No 2 15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2008, 02:29 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Interesting topic. Bears watching to see if anyone else has had similar experiences to mine.

Old 03-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Silly Goose
Senior Board Member

I think many people have experiences with this. I have had my own an several occasions. I have also been told stories about how I used to see and speak with my aunt right after she passed away. I was about 3 years old at the time. I will post the stories soon.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
Interesting topic. Bears watching to see if anyone else has had similar experiences to mine.
LOL ...what none of you wants to be the first to cross that Line ? ...

well the idea came to me like this really ...watching one of the many paranormal shows around these days ...and actually marveling at how much I knew about the theories and so forth ...all the kids of course think this is all new ...but i have volumes almost falling apart with much of the same rehatched information ...but still I find it "amusing" so I was watching and waiting for a return call from "shnieder " ...i wont bother y'all with the details heard from me belly aching in newbie posts ...

But with Haunts , Haints , and Boogermen ...being most often associated with places of tradgedy and death ...the two things occupying my mind at the time ...kinda melded together ...and I considered exactly how many twisted hunks of wreckage I had seen along the highway over the years ...

Not that I am all that swift with math BUT I got to thinkin ( usually where the trouble starts ) and what I thunk was this ...multiplying that by how much of the highways I had not seen and been on and my time NOT spent out on the highways . remembering all the reports of the overturned gravel trucks and motorists careening into the swamps goin over Aligator Alley ...and thought ..."thats a lot of potential Fatalities " which of course when divided by reason ( or the lack there of ) is a lot of potential hauntings ...

I have some folks I know that have "paranormal" ivestigations orginizations ... and one in particular that does web radio called "Night Watch" the Idea was that I would collect these stories from around the country ( as OTR is actually what I want ...long roads ...long runs ...hopefully generous paychecks ) I figured this here lap top and some conversation with other drivers during the inevitable layovers would lead to a weekly spot on the radio show .....as ...you guessed it ..."the Ghost Trucker " ... yea I know kinda silly

But as I see it ...its only really cheesy if you "think" your being "cool"

If your just runnin with cheese from the getgo ...and dont take yerself too seriously ...thats kinda cool.

SO with the inevitable delay due to some previous foolishness of mine ...in my less discriminating days and the myspace page made up already i figured just to start here with you guys ....

Shawn
Old 03-11-2008, 07:52 PM

This Story was submitted on another Chat Board by a young lady named "Sandy
http://www.yourghoststories.com/real...php?story=2072
"

I must share this story with you before I write my second experience. For those of you that have read my last post, I mention that my adopted mom has experienced some horrific hauntings, ghost & spirits. This is one that happened about 1 year ago...

My adopted mom called me in a frantic one afternoon, and what she told me brought chill's to my whole body. She was traveling on a road in Arkansas when a herd of deer ran out in the middle of the road at 9:36pm. The traffic went to 70mph to BRAKES! There where 2, 18 wheelers in front of her and 3 cars in front of them. So you can only imagine the outcome. The 18 wheelers had to stop so quickly that the trailers swung around and cleared everything within its path, including the cab of the truck. There was wreckage and deer all over the road and luckily my mom was able to stop just in time; due to the smart distance that she kept, far enough away that she was able to stop (She has driven a truck for 20 years.) As she pulled of the median she noticed a man standing 6 ft from her trailer, wondering how a man got next to her trailer so fast and without her seeing him. She said he had one hand across his chest and one hand in his pocket; looking very confused.

The rescue team was on the way while the police where questioning the accident. One walked up to my mom and asked "What happened here?" As she was telling him about what happened she mentioned that "Someone needs to check this guy out back, by my trailer he looks very confused, he might wonder off in the traffic", and by then he had vanished. The cop said "what man?" Well he was just right there in plan view. The officer got a description so detailed down to facial hair and shoes! He walked away for a minute and came back and said the man you described is the owner of that wrecked 18 wheeler, and was found dead at the scene. She was in shock as the cop just turned around and walked the other way.

After she left, she stopped at a truck stop and on the news was the wreck she just witnessed. There were 4 fatalities that night. She even left the scene before the rescue team came. The man she seen next to her truck was one of the victims in the accident.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:02 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

This happened to me in 1997 my dad and I were fighting to get home when my grandmother was dying. The night before she died we got home and we were do to get down there the next morning I went to bed and got up when I felt the presence in the room and when I looked it was my grandfather and grandmother together. My grandfather had died in 1980 right then I knew and got my dad up and said dad Shes gone and we do not need to go down. 30 seconds later the phone rang and my mom was like she just died.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
This happened to me in 1997 my dad and I were fighting to get home when my grandmother was dying. The night before she died we got home and we were do to get down there the next morning I went to bed and got up when I felt the presence in the room and when I looked it was my grandfather and grandmother together. My grandfather had died in 1980 right then I knew and got my dad up and said dad Shes gone and we do not need to go down. 30 seconds later the phone rang and my mom was like she just died.

Ahhh yes ... thank you for sharing with us my friend ...

This is a classic experiance and one of my favorite ... It is the affirmation of love ...of bonding ...of something beyond this world. When a Loved one appears to let us know they are safe and not alone ...to assure us in our moment of loss and grief ...

I rarely attend funerals ...it is not out of fear ...or disrespect ...or unconcern ...but the facts is ... I do not need to be close to mourn a personal loss ...A funeral is really a ceremony for the living ...to achieve closure ...to Mourn our losses and begin the Journey on. I would also prefer to preserve the memory of one so dear by keeping the last vision of them ...alive ...laughing ...strong and well ...it somehow helps me to do so.

I am Glad for you my friend ...glad that that Kind of Love and consideration existed in your life ...and I hope in some way it brought you comfort ... My Own mother died when I was 6yrs old ( I am sure this explains a few things :wink: ) I did not "see" her in that same sence but she did come to me in a couple of dreams ...

One could say it was a vision ...one could say it was a delusion created by the grieveng sub concious mind ...in the end I would say to either ..."if it helps us heal ....does it really Matter ?" ...after all ... I believe it has been said that "God" works in mysterious ways and there is nothing more mysterious than the inner workings of the human mind ...

Shawn
Old 03-12-2008, 11:41 PM
Board Regular

Orge999,

The ghost at the house appeared about 6 years ago after a trip to Paris,Texas to visit family graves.
From time to time you would see him in the hall as he walked from room to another.He was more of a shadow figure than ghostly figure or apparition.
Never caused any problems and all the dogs and cat couls him also.
Our youngest daughter called him "Boogy Pop".She said sometimes he'd pull her toes at night.

As ar as the reenactments go,I got took pics at Pleasant Hill,La. and got a couple of good ecto shots near a mass grave.If you believe in orbs,then I got a ton of those.Didn't see any of them until one of the other guys asked their permission to take pics and they came outta the wood work.
Our camers and flashlights worked on one side of the bridge but not on the other.
I also have one from the Confederate Reunion Grounds State Park in Mexia,Texas that has 2 Reb soldiers standing next to one of the cannon.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:17 AM
Silly Goose
Senior Board Member

Here are my stories...

My mother's sister,Terry, died in 1972, May, I think. I was 3yrs old at the time and my brother would have been a year old. These stories have been told to me countless times by my mother and other aunts. These all happened while we were still living in the Philippines. One time my brother and I were waving out the window in the direction of the bus stop. My aunts asked who we were waving at. We said that we were waving at my aunt Terry, who was waiting for the bus. We described what she was wearing to them. And my aunts were then very eager to return us to my mother. :lol:

At another time, I was in my grandmother's kitchen and somebody, I forget who, asked if I wanted to eat something. I said, "No, Auntie Terry and I already ate". The last story was that my grandmother said I was talking to somebody one day. I told this person that I didn't want to go with them and I wasn't going. She asked who I was talking to and I told it was my aunt. My grandmother told me to tell her that I was not going to go with her. I don't remember these things, but I figure they were true. I don't think a 3yr old would lie about those things. I still remember the wake. It took place in the living room at my grandmother's house. Even today, my brother and I have a hard time going into my aunt's bedroom when we visit my grandmother's old house.

My family went back to the Philippines last year for my grandmother's funeral. She died in my uncle's house, in the downstairs bedroom. This happened night before we were going back home. We were staying in the bedroom at the front of the house. The AC unit was loud and the bedroom door is made of heavy wood. It's hard to hear any outside noise. It was about 10:30pm and everyone was in bed. My 2 cousins were out. My mother and my children were in the bedroom. The kids were asleep and I had just turned off the light. I heard a loud banging. I didn't think much of it. Then it happened again. My mother asked if I heard something. I told her that I did. It happened a third time. I went outside to see what was going on. The house was quiet. The noise was coming from one of the 2 French doors leading to the outside. It sounded as if someone was shaking the doorknobs violently, as if someone was locked out of the house. I was expecting to hear somebody yelling to open the door. I got half way to the door and it stopped. The whole house was quiet and there was no street noise, just dead silence. I looked outside through the glass section of the first set of French doors. I thought it could have been the dog trying to get in, but he wasn't there. I didn't even hear his nails on the driveway. Needless to say I went back to the bedroom and told my mother what happened. I did not leave the bedroom until it was time to get up.

I own a dog, so I know what a dog scratching at the door would sound like. It clearly sounded as if someone wanted to get in. I thought maybe a robber. But he wouldn't make a sound and the dog would catch him. I told my uncle the story. He told me that the door was not locked because his son wasn't home yet and he locks it when he comes home. I freaked out a little when my uncle told me that the door wasn't locked in the first place. My uncle told me that one of his son's friends saw my grandmother one day. Told my cousin she was behind him and his friend ran off. I was told sometimes t he maids find the light is on in the bedroom where she died. And supposedly, no one turned it on.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayburd
Never caused any problems and all the dogs and cat couls him also.
Our youngest daughter called him "Boogy Pop".She said sometimes he'd pull her toes at night....

"Didn't see any of them until one of the other guys asked their permission to take pics and they came outta the wood work."...

I also have one from the Confederate Reunion Grounds State Park in Mexia,Texas that has 2 Reb soldiers standing next to one of the cannon.

LOL Fantastic ! ...Jay ...Again thank you ...

You Know its funny ... There is a trend these days ... for Such Shows as " Paranormal State " To Jump immediately to the negative ... everything is a " Demon " or Malevolent and dangerous ...I am not fond of this at all ...It also seems to coencide with a very " Catholic "theme to their findings and their approach. This worries a good many of in the metaphysical communities ...even myself I suppose. " spiritualisim is a movement that has arose a good many times over the course of mans history ...In this country culminating in the early 20th century with the battles of "Harry Houdini " and the spirit Mediums.

I worry i suppose mostly because I try to approach all of these subjects with an open mind ... not always possible ... especialy if it is approached with a specific "mind set " or religious policy. Granted scrapes with the otherworld like any carnival ride are certainly capable of scaring the livid bejezus out of you ...however as both of your experiances show ... this is not always the case , Sometmes it is the mindset of the individual "viewer" of such an event.

I have often theorized that spirits tend to remain much as they were in life ... if they were angry ...cruel ... or petty they remain so. There are of course those ...Such as "Boogy Pop " ... a seemingly obvious referal of a child to the term "pop" as in father or grandfather figure ...and from a child no less ! you would assume if anyone would recoil in fear from such a thing it would be a small one. However more often than not they seem more perceptive to many things when we truely listen to them. I am of course an unpopularly discipline driven father ( old school if you will ) BUT this doesnt mean that I do not listen to them.... more closely than they would wish at times

I would theorize from just what you say here that if NOT a family member of yours ...Maybe just the spirit of a father or grand father in life ...who mayhaps is not visited by his own family ... It could be that some division or argument in his own kin is the reason he cannot pass on. So it seems his soulution is to have "adopted" yours.

The Other aspect I find "charming" as a Man raised in a typically "southern" culture at least in so far as "manners" are concerned is that when your companion "respectfully requested " a photo ...he recieved one ... that one will make me chuckle all day ... so thank you

Shawn
Old 03-13-2008, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommee
Here are my stories...

My mother's sister,Terry, died in 1972, May, I think. I was 3yrs old at the time and my brother would have been a year old. These stories have been told to me countless times by my mother and other aunts. These all happened while we were still living in the Philippines. One time my brother and I were waving out the window in the direction of the bus stop. My aunts asked who we were waving at. We said that we were waving at my aunt Terry, who was waiting for the bus. We described what she was wearing to them. And my aunts were then very eager to return us to my mother. :lol:

At another time, I was in my grandmother's kitchen and somebody, I forget who, asked if I wanted to eat something. I said, "No, Auntie Terry and I already ate". The last story was that my grandmother said I was talking to somebody one day. I told this person that I didn't want to go with them and I wasn't going. She asked who I was talking to and I told it was my aunt. My grandmother told me to tell her that I was not going to go with her. I don't remember these things, but I figure they were true. I don't think a 3yr old would lie about those things. I still remember the wake. It took place in the living room at my grandmother's house. Even today, my brother and I have a hard time going into my aunt's bedroom when we visit my grandmother's old house.

My family went back to the Philippines last year for my grandmother's funeral. She died in my uncle's house, in the downstairs bedroom. This happened night before we were going back home. We were staying in the bedroom at the front of the house. The AC unit was loud and the bedroom door is made of heavy wood. It's hard to hear any outside noise. It was about 10:30pm and everyone was in bed. My 2 cousins were out. My mother and my children were in the bedroom. The kids were asleep and I had just turned off the light. I heard a loud banging. I didn't think much of it. Then it happened again. My mother asked if I heard something. I told her that I did. It happened a third time. I went outside to see what was going on. The house was quiet. The noise was coming from one of the 2 French doors leading to the outside. It sounded as if someone was shaking the doorknobs violently, as if someone was locked out of the house. I was expecting to hear somebody yelling to open the door. I got half way to the door and it stopped. The whole house was quiet and there was no street noise, just dead silence. I looked outside through the glass section of the first set of French doors. I thought it could have been the dog trying to get in, but he wasn't there. I didn't even hear his nails on the driveway. Needless to say I went back to the bedroom and told my mother what happened. I did not leave the bedroom until it was time to get up.

I own a dog, so I know what a dog scratching at the door would sound like. It clearly sounded as if someone wanted to get in. I thought maybe a robber. But he wouldn't make a sound and the dog would catch him. I told my uncle the story. He told me that the door was not locked because his son wasn't home yet and he locks it when he comes home. I freaked out a little when my uncle told me that the door wasn't locked in the first place. My uncle told me that one of his son's friends saw my grandmother one day. Told my cousin she was behind him and his friend ran off. I was told sometimes t he maids find the light is on in the bedroom where she died. And supposedly, no one turned it on.

Dear Mommee

Ahhaaa ...the mysteries of the Far East ... You know I love diversity in a good many things in my life . I actually enjoy the traditional shift in thinking of many Cultures once we cross the pond so to speak. A new world to explore or a diffrent way to look at the world we have ... I dont often make the judgement of "better" or "worse" ...I usually just accept the diffrence. Funny thing is ...once you explore deep enough you often find the end results are very simillar indeed. Less to be "divided over " than we initally seem to find.

The Thing I love about the Orient that you dont often find in Anglo/ American cultures is an Ancient acceptance of the supernatural ...as just another aspect of our "natural" world. The Ghosts of Ancestors being more often than not "revered" and accepted rather than feared and shunned ... of course we both tend to live in fear of the dreaded "Mother in Law " :lol: whether in flesh or spirit ....

Ohh and being rather "portly" of course there is always the food !

Shawn