User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2006, 12:02 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madii'swife
Ok..I soo should not answer this but here I go. I will start out by repeating to myself the phrase my mother taught me "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything". That said, your post leaves me to question why when we women change our minds about something we're changing the "rules"? Can you honestly tell yourself (doesnt' matter what you tell anybody else) that you haven't changed one single "rule" or idea that you had when the 2 of you got together? It seems absurd to me to throw away a long relationship over a thing such as this.
That said, if she came into the relationship knowing you didn't want anymore, then its her turn to bow out..and decide between kids and you, as she has no room to push you for something you both originally agreed on.
At that I will shut up, as I hold a lot of other unpopular beliefs I'm attempting to not let influence this discussion.
madii'swife... Don't sweat it. This guy was just waiting for someone to come along and make a statement like Rev.Vassago did.
I knew from his first post he was waiting for someone to say move on, so he could blame someone else for his mistake. What he should do is seek counseling with his girlfriend, and he knows it.

This is just his easy out.
I showed this topic to my wife, and she said " what a moron " and knew he was looking for an easy way out. If you love someone, you don't just walk away, you hash it out or get counseling and hash it out there. Then decide.... Not come to a message forum and ask complete strangers.

That being said jdg, my advise is counseling, then decide.
Also jdg... I was in your shoes. 1 wife was the devil reincarnated, had 2 kids with her. I got custody kids were 10 years old and 18 months old. Met my wife I have now, she had 1, 5 years old. We both said we didn't want any more kids, but guess what.... We had 2 more and I wouldn't trade them for the world.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:39 PM
Senior Board Member

You two have a lot of seriouse heart-to-heart talking to do. You have to be considerate of eachothers feelings on the issue, but also respectful- she has to respect your not wanting to be a dad again, and vise versa.Better to get it all out in the open now than after you are married.BOL.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:13 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

It can go both ways.
I wanted children...but the Lady I married didn't. The year was 1979...and lots of women were putting off child rearing at this time, into their 30's.

Silly me...I figured I'd be the great provider, and make a secure nest for her...and I'd have Nature on my side. I guess I didn't believe her?...or the Italian in me just figured I'll be a PaPa...you'll see.

4 years into our marriage...she becomes pregger's unplanned...but I had all the parts together...and I noticed a strut to my step....until she had an abortion. Our marriage ended that day...and I learned you can not change someone.

I screwed up my own life. You have to know what you want and sometimes you have to make some tough choices...to be happy and successful in your desires.

One thing I learned...maybe this will help.
In a relationship...you are sharing your life. You must live your own life to have a life to share. You can not live someone elses life, nor change it...just share and enjoy. If you don't bring much to the relationship...or work at keeping it alive...it won't last. Main thing to understand is honesty and communication with yourself is as important as what you share with others. Live YOUR life.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:48 AM
Rookie

I will start out by repeating to myself the phrase my mother taught me "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything". That said, your post leaves me to question why when we women change our minds about something we're changing the "rules"? Can you honestly tell yourself (doesn't' matter what you tell anybody else) that you haven't changed one single "rule" or idea that you had when the 2 of you got together? It seems absurd to me to throw away a long relationship over a thing such as this.

Madii"swife,
You are right, I have changed some of the rules,....but not on this scale.
I just can't accept that buying a motorcycle without telling her first is even on the same level as having children, especially since it was discussed in our first year together, before we even had sex.

Our families have been floored by her decision, her mom even told me that this may be her way of getting me to end the relationship,...instead of her having to do it.
My mom is a bit upset by her decision, and mentioned the same thing her mom did.(I have to ask myself,...am I blind?, I NEVER even considered this)
We went to see a counselor today, and she totally took on this "he will do what I say" attitude. I actually thought she was a different person.
Then I kept thinking about what her mom said and I have to really look at how things have been going.
Maybe she wants me home, and not in the truck, maybe she has found somebody else and needs a reason to split. I asked her point blank and she denies it,..but something is wrong.
These are things to really look into.
From a female perspective,...is this something that you would do?
Do you know anyone who has done something like this to end a relationship?
I am quite honestly sick to my stomach about this whole thing, and now I have to go on the road for a couple of weeks.

I asked on this forum to get real answers from real people. I would like to thank those of you who are being honest and helping, and to the rest of you,well.....madii'swife said it best. So I won't comment on your lack of compassion for a fellow trucker.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Sounds to me like she's doing several possible things. a) getting really cold feet about the marriage and wants to throw hardball and see how you'll take it b)Is looking for a reason to drive you away c) wants to see if you'll change, and who really wears the "pants" between the 2 of you d) really has decided she wants babies and feels strongly about it

I would lean towards either a (if you two are close enough to married to be getting cold feet), or b.
Personally, I would never do such a thing to a relationship, if I wanted to end it that would be that, but..I am not really quite normal :lol:
I have known people who will push every button they can find when they get tired of a person. And I have known people who push hard when they're trying to find out what others reactions will be.
That said, I would be concerned if she's not committed enough to your relationship to be honest and open with the counselor ( who I will assume you both agreed to go to) who is there to help.
Best of wishes to you, and I hope she comes clean with whatever is troubling her.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:05 PM
Rookie

We both went to a session together, and in 2 weeks when I get back we will be going to seperate solo sessions.
In the meantime I am trying to not let it get to me. 2 weeks on the road with an issue like this could create a safety problem. I would just end it before I would ever go to her extremes, or screw with a persons mind, but thats me. I'm trying to keep an open mind and wait till all the cards are on the table,
Thanks again.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:11 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasman2
madii'swife... Don't sweat it. This guy was just waiting for someone to come along and make a statement like Rev.Vassago did.
I knew from his first post he was waiting for someone to say move on, so he could blame someone else for his mistake.
He can blame me. That's the nice thing about not really caring. :wink:
Old 12-30-2006, 03:27 PM
Senior Board Member

Nothing personal Rev... Just making an obvious point. :wink:
Old 12-30-2006, 06:59 PM
Board Regular
Default good luck then

good luck and god bless
Old 12-31-2006, 12:00 AM
Rookie

Thanks Rev, thats what I like about you,..consider yourself the blame of all my problems.

syl77dar,
I'm an OO (w/ my own authority) from St Petersburg Florida

Long day just shut down for the night.

Happy New Year everyone.