User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2007, 09:39 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Why would a trainer care? As long your not playing with the computer while driving who cares?
Old 04-16-2007, 05:13 AM
Rookie
Default Re: New and upset

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckersBish
My hubby is always worried about "US" when he leaves I haven't cheated andhe has never cheated but yet we are both worried about the other cheating on the other. How can I ease his mind about me not leaving him no matter what? And how did some of you ladies handle the first goodbye? Cause I am already crying, depressed, and upset about it. I know this isn't forever.

Thank you.
Hi there my husband is almost done with his 6 weeks training, he has gotten to come home a few times...I will be going with him once he is done as we have a grown 20 year old daughter (so we are in that time in our life where we don't have little ones) & are in a bind money wise. I think he has 9 or 10 more days training...then test out.
But when he first left we both cried ALOT...but its gotten easier & he is almost done, it got easier everytime he left....could I do this having my husband gone all the time, I don't think so....I actually like my space & we have never been apart but now I can do things on my time, I still would not be able to do it if he was gone all the time.

What I wanted to tell you is with some men even my husband after all these years still thinks I will cheat or leave him while he is training why he feels like this I don't know, I have never given him a reason to think I would act like that...I think some men are just that way no matter what.

Is your husband planning on getting some experience & then find something local that way he will be home at night or during the day....that is our plan to do this for a couple of years & then buy our second house & he will drive for some of the good local companies that want 2+ years before they will hire him. Just wondering because he could get something local if you keep an eye out in the paper for him.

I hope my post is ok, im just sharing my experience & thinking that after a bit he could drive local & be home with you & the kids.

Tammy
Old 04-16-2007, 06:53 PM
Rookie

I know what you're going through! We're new to this as well; mine just got out of 4 wks with a trainer, and is on his 2nd week solo. He's gone 1-2 wks at a time; hometime this weekend was unexpected, and only a little over 24 hours. All our kids are 14yo and up.

I like the suggestion given about leaving little notes, cards, etc. I do the same thing! Tuck a few into socks, pockets, etc. I often add some home-baked stuff when he's not looking ~ just for a sweet suprise when he's gone. Sometimes I'll tuck a 'nightie' between his pillows, or pack it in with his clothes, put a little touch of my perfume on it. :wink:

I know it's hard when he comes home and all he wants to do is shower and sleep ~ I used to work on an ambulance, so I know a little of long hours in a rig/behind the wheel, but I doubt it's really comparable! Still, it's hard when he's been gone so long and nothing gets done when he's home, and he's gone again before I blink. After nearly 2 mos I'm sort of getting into a 'routine' and used to it, if you can call it that .. the days just seem to go by, and stuff gets done .. mostly!! I found a good Christian truck wives' support online, and found two ladies in my local area to chat with almost daily. It helps just to do my fussing to them instead of my hubby when he comes home! That definitely doesn't work!

Mostly, I just keep breathing and praying! The days keep passing! He's happier than I've seen him in a long while, and the backlog of bills will start to go down now! Yay!

Hang in there! God will get ya through!