User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2007, 08:17 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Fuel prices....thank a Republican.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRWOOD
I would personally like to thank all of the people who voted for George Bush. Thank you for the high gas prices! Hopefully they double again before he leaves office. When gas finally reachs $8 to $10 a gal maybe then the american public will wake up and have an intervention for our addiction to foreign oil.

Theres many reasons why the price of oil is rising. There are two ways to begin to solve the problem.

1. An Apollo type project spearheaded by government leadership. It's a funny thought with this administration but might be possible in 2008.

2. Gas prices of $10 a gal within the next two years. Public leverage on private business and political leadership will spawn investment in alternatives.

Again...thank you George Bush and your oil cabinet! Were 1/3 of way to our goal! Keep up the great work in the New American Century!
LOL Well if Kerry had gone in they would have been twice the price. I watched the elections count on yahoo that night in 2004. The Oil and stock market went up and down as the count came in. When Kerry started to climb, so did the Oil Prices. They got much higher than they ever did since under President Bush. The Stock Market went down. But soon as President Bush won, the Oil Prices droped 30.00, and the Stock Market went back up. So yes I thank God Bush went back In. Not only for the Fuel Prices but for many other reasons.

Now if you want to discuss Problem childs, look at every Democrat in office now, Each and Every one of them has Betrayed America, The Troops, and YOU!.

Lost a Job because it moved over
seas or south of the Boarder?

Thank Democrat.

Drugs problems went up in your
City?

Thank a Democrat.

Member of the National Guard and
had to deploy to Iraq?

Thank a Democrat

Lost a Love one, or a Family
Member to terrorist?

Thank a Democrat.

Paying more in Taxes?

Thank a Democrat

Threaten of Nuclear Missiles
attacks from China or North Korea?

Thank a Democrat
Old 06-03-2007, 02:50 AM

I am sorry but, the price of fuel is not just a Republician thing. Last time I checked the other side of the isle was basically igoring the problem too. Hey, they all get campaign contrabutions from big oil.

With high prices we are only looking at a symptom of the problem, not the root of said problem. I personally think this is getting to be no longer a Gov of the people. It seems to me both sides of the isle could really care less about what their voters views are anymore and they could really care less about what is right for this country. They just seem to worry about getting into office or staying in office. That is it and they will give away the country to do it. The writing is on the wall. Wake up and read the message.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:43 AM
Senior Board Member

I thought the Dems were in charge.........they told me they were as of the first of the year!

Told us they would have it all straightened out in one hundred days......................still waiting.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:18 PM
Senior Board Member

Just a little addition to this thread.
The bill in the DEMOCRAT controlled congress right now that increases taxes on oil companies and gas is expected to add about 79 cents a gallon by next year....and all the way up to 6 bucks a gallon by 2016.
Fortunately Bush will veto the bill. However who knows what will happen if the democrats keep Congress and then get the Presidency. However, Im not worried, I can afford a gas price increase. Can you?

So I guess the democrats answer for high gas prices is to make them higher. That makes sense.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:28 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aligator
I thought the Dems were in charge.........they told me they were as of the first of the year!

Told us they would have it all straightened out in one hundred days......................still waiting.

Right- they just didn't say WHAT planet!

lol

-charles
Old 11-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Board Regular

To quote comedian lewis black (who also speaks the truth about the gov. in my view) "government means democrats and republicans working together, This is how it works, the republican in congress gets up and says I got a really bad idea and then the democrat gets up and says I can make it shittier"

The bottom line is the government has to step in and regulate the big oil companies. Big oil is getting wealthier by the day while the american dollar is shrinking and the poor are getting poorer. The oil companies could certainly afford to cut profits by 20 to 30 percent and still make money.

OPEC needs to be disbanded and Iraq should be selling us oil at dirt cheap prices for getting rid of saddam for them.

The government needs to step up to the plate and tell the enviromentalists "screw you we are going to build as many refineries as possible and we dont care what you think"

Final thought: If a gas station recieves a shipment of fuel on monday and the price of that fuel costs them 2.59 a gallon and they make it up to 2.65 then they normally dont get another shipment til thursday but the price goes up on wednesday morning to(the posted price) 2.72 how can you justify the increase when you havent recieved a delivery?

Thats like the grocery stores selling pork and beans for 99 cents, and then the news comes on and says in 6 months that beans will be in shorter supply, but the grocery store raises the price on prok and beans to 1.29 even though they wont see the price increase for 6 months.

Bottom line both are examples of PRICE GOUGING!
Old 11-12-2007, 03:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpapa7272
OPEC needs to be disbanded and Iraq should be selling us oil at dirt cheap prices for getting rid of saddam for them.
Before OPEC there was the Texas Railroad Commission. They were the model for the formation of OPEC. Was this commission evil, too?

Quote:
The government needs to step up to the plate and tell the enviromentalists "screw you we are going to build as many refineries as possible and we dont care what you think"
I agree.

Quote:
Final thought: If a gas station recieves a shipment of fuel on monday and the price of that fuel costs them 2.59 a gallon and they make it up to 2.65 then they normally dont get another shipment til thursday but the price goes up on wednesday morning to(the posted price) 2.72 how can you justify the increase when you havent recieved a delivery?
On Wednesday morning, where is the extra money coming from to pay for the higher cost for the shipment of oil. Do you really expect the Gas Station owner to take a hit?

Quote:
Thats like the grocery stores selling pork and beans for 99 cents, and then the news comes on and says in 6 months that beans will be in shorter supply, but the grocery store raises the price on prok and beans to 1.29 even though they wont see the price increase for 6 months.
That is a wise business practice. Pass the cost of doing business onto the consumer. All businesses do it, except non-profit organizations.

Quote:
Bottom line both are examples of PRICE GOUGING!
No, just the cost of doing business.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Rookie
Default Screwed by both parties

While we are debating over whom is responsible for the high oil prices, the democrats or the republicans are laughing all the way to the bank. Until we decide to take back our government then we will continue being screwed by both parties.

http://www.rslafever.com-a.googlepag...andautomobiles
Old 11-20-2007, 09:54 PM

AMEN Saylor....... that is pretty much IT!!!!! As George Carlin once said; "This country was bought and sold 200 years ago, and the $hit they shuffle around every 4 years is just that.....$hit!" Arguing over which one of the crooked "puppets" is better than the other, is like finding out which shark has the harder bite, the White or the Tiger; :shock: does it really matter, they both will eat you regardless. Start DEMANDING our ELECTED officials actually DO what they PROMISE, no matter what their affiliation; Democrat or Republican. Imagine that :idea: . Oh BTW, since the U.S. has invaded, liberated, [or however you want to label] Iraq, where has the oil money gone to? Do the math........ Iraq pumps 1.8 million barrels a day x's $90 a barrel= 162,000,000 A DAY :shock: x's 7 days= 1,134,000,000, x's 30 days= 34,020,000,000, YES that is BILLIONS. Now multiply that figure for a few years, and so on. Now ask yourself; why are we still at "war" ? :roll: Three parter here, ...1..... Is the $ going to people of Iraq?......No........ #2........ Why are we paying for the "war" when a fraction of the oil $ from Iraq could pay for the "liberation"....No. 3..... Bush's family is in what business......oil?.....yeah, oil. I wonder why the gas prices are at peak prices? Now if you cannot figure out that one, maybe you should not be voting anyway. Just "my" opinion though. :wink:
Old 11-21-2007, 12:10 PM
Rookie
Default Subject

I agree. What did we expect when their money and power comes from oil. People never relinquish power willingly; it has to be taken from them.