User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2014, 09:47 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1 View Post
Where did that come from? Can't take it out.
I would LOVE to check your link(s) to see what you're posting.... but, I don't dare! lol.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:49 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete View Post
Aliens beemed it up.
Illegal aliens.... or "undocumented" ones?

Old 03-15-2014, 09:52 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I say it was hijacked and landed somewhere.
If the hijackers wanted to crash the plane, they could have done that much easier than stealing the plane and taking hostages.
We would have found wreckage by now.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:59 PM
Senior Board Member

Just a picture of the truck racing. Maybe the plane was in the picture and the terrorists hacked my phone and computer. I think I really like this conspiracy stuff. Great excuse for anything that happens.

If we're lucky we may know before something happens. What about the passengers? Was joking yesterday(I know, sick) might be why they dropped altitude and eliminated them. Less weight longer flight. And anyone can figure out the max flight distance. They don't run extra fuel(costs more to haul it)than needed plus a reserve.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:08 PM
Senior Board Member

Pretty hard to have a ground crew put in "extra" fuel. Unless the pilot and co-pilot are in on it. Computer reads the lbs of fuel to calculate the take-off.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:10 PM
Board Icon

My computer has been acting strange too. made in China?

Old 03-15-2014, 10:21 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
My computer has been acting strange too. made in China?
Funny you should say that. I was having so much fun "debating" Mr. Ford's theories that I forgot I had a few of my own.

Profit motive: How much is a 777 worth? If it made it to Iran or many other countries that make **** up as they go along.... the gov't of that country will be GLAD to return it for a FEE! (ransom.)

160 Chinese on board? What are THEY worth (if alive) when sold into slavery and shipped to the U.S. in containers? (Lethal Weapon 4?) lol.

Where WAS that section of the ocean that China recently "declared" part of their airspace? Libya used to do that. They claimed 75 miles off their coast when International treaties acknowledged only 12?
Old 03-15-2014, 10:24 PM
Board Icon

Well, Hobo did you hear the Chinese report of a supposed seismic event in the area of last contact off Vietnam? Could a nuke have caused that even at 15 to 35K feet? While I am not very believing of the Chinese reports, someone needs to question it as a what-if. As for ruling out lack of spatial awareness, go back to the Navy flight that was lost off the coast of Florida, Flight 19. A group of them had no idea where they were and to this day we have no idea where they went down. Cellphones don't have to be placed in airplane mode. I have never set mine to that or turned it off when I fly. Mind you I have zero signal while in the air BUT, supposedly a relative claims to have talked with a passenger on board. Nobody has said if it was before or after the disappearance or if it was before the plane took off.......another hypothetical that has been unanswered. Maybe if it was terrorism, did they take all cellphones and destroy them? Anyone who doesn't prove they have no cellphone or refuses to give it up is then killed?

As for the depth of the Indian Ocean, yes it is just as deep but for where we are looking the water isn't as deep the Air France landing. Now we have expanded it though so now it moves into deeper water. I'm not understanding as to why we didn't move the search area's sooner. We knew we weren't picking up any black box signal. It was said by experts we should be hearing them within at least 500 miles. If that is the case, we should have been moving our search area quickly. The difference with Air France was that as it was falling(it was in a stall and falling) real-time data was being sent to Air France and Airbus, so we had a very good idea of where it was. Even so, it took 2 years to locate the boxes laying in water nearly 13K feet deep. With this one, if it went down, nobody has a clue as to where to begin looking. We have been looking in the waters west of Malaysia along the coast there, no dice so they started expanding more west when it came out that some intel showed something headed west for up to another 4-7 hours. Remember, they were at least 1 hour into the 4 hour flight with a reserve of 3 hours to give them a total of about 6 hours of fuel left depending on how fast it was going and any head/tail winds.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:26 PM
Board Icon

But Hobo, China and Iran are cozy with each other? That would put a dent in their relationship if they took them hostage and really give Russia a headache too.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:32 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1 View Post
Pretty hard to have a ground crew put in "extra" fuel. Unless the pilot and co-pilot are in on it. Computer reads the lbs of fuel to calculate the take-off.
Valid point. But, we don't KNOW yet whether or not the "goodnight" crew was making a "move."

I was just going off of some stuff the idiots on CNN are saying. That it didn't have enough fuel to reach Africa. I looked at the red "arcs" of where the pings were supposed to have appeared. By my eye... it seems that the horn of Africa (Somalia) is barely within range.

I know you were kidding, but.... flying low over the ocean... they COULD have dumped all of the passenger bodies, AND their luggage. That would extend their range by quite a bit! Now... since there is no radar to speak of out in the Indian Ocean.... they could have climbed back to a high altitude, to save even MORE fuel, without fear of detection.

[You KNOW that rapid climb to top altitude was to KILL the passengers, right? So... they would just have to throw out about 200 bodies! lol.]

Like I said.... maybe, they pushed it and FAILED. It might have been worth the try to them.