User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 08:58 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1 View Post
A tank(or a mig-29) is a piece of equipment. The means to arm them are illegal. A bazooka is legal,the explosive shell is not. A stinger is legal,the warhead is not.(along with the acquisition computer)

Holding the correct license you could possess the explosive for any of them. Use of the explosive in the wrong way is illegal. No license is needed for black powder,pack it in a pipe and it's illegal.

Don't like firearms? Don't buy them. Don't like the people that have them? Don't associate with them.

Like firearms? Buy as many as you want/can afford. Buy as many as you can P2P or any other non-tracked sale.
All of that is fine and dandy.........except criminals and soon to be criminals do not care if it's illegal to arm a tank or a stinger or a bazooka and such. They will do it anyways if they can get their hands on that type of weapon. Why is the weapon legal but the ammo for it illegal? Both the weapon itself and the ammo for it should be outlawed. There is absolutely no reason for me to have such a weapon. This is the excuse a lot of buddies are using to say certain weapons are a-ok, I will use my .223 Bushmaster for hunting with full auto, do you plan on gutting the deer before it hits the ground?

I agree with some of what the NRA stated on Sandy Hook but not all of it.

Was my tank comment over the top, most certainly it was and for a reason. Only Hobo seems to have caught it. I thought this was going to be about safe handling of weapons, instead it was nothing but a cut and paste job of some facts, some half facts and some over the top fiction. I figured I'd have a little fun with it. Mind you, I own 2 guns myself and both are legit for hunting only.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:05 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
All of that is fine and dandy.........except criminals and soon to be criminals do not care if it's illegal to arm a tank or a stinger or a bazooka and such. They will do it anyways if they can get their hands on that type of weapon. Why is the weapon legal but the ammo for it illegal? Both the weapon itself and the ammo for it should be outlawed. There is absolutely no reason for me to have such a weapon. This is the excuse a lot of buddies are using to say certain weapons are a-ok, I will use my .223 Bushmaster for hunting with full auto, do you plan on gutting the deer before it hits the ground?

So tell me about these "buddies" with full auto . Or maybe you don't know the difference between semi and full auto?

I agree with some of what the NRA stated on Sandy Hook but not all of it.

Was my tank comment over the top, most certainly it was and for a reason. Only Hobo seems to have caught it. I thought this was going to be about safe handling of weapons, instead it was nothing but a cut and paste job of some facts, some half facts and some over the top fiction. I figured I'd have a little fun with it. Mind you, I own 2 guns myself and both are legit for hunting only.
So they're not legal for anything else? I wouldn't want one that was illegal for target practice. Maybe you don't know as much about guns as you think. They do have classes to educate oneself.