User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2011, 04:42 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Never Too Old...

Well, the old shack is still standing, I see.

I’ve been poking around a little today and see that CAD is picking up a little (I am honestly surprised), Hobo has admitted that he needs help (thank the good Lord, there’s hope for him yet!), Kentla is still wearing man-panties, GMan is still a glutton for punishment, and I’m still bloody grateful not to have to be a babysitter any more. Moderating/Admining sucks. I won’t lie. I’ve enjoyed my time away from CAD recovering my sanity ~ you’ve no idea. But I’ve scaled back my posting overall on any board and it’s been quite therapeutic.

And it’s also been enlightening.

Most importantly, I’ve learned that when I give myself a break from the political rants on BOTH sides, I’m generally a happier guy. I weigh in with an occasional post now and then over yonder, but I’ve made it a point to stay away from the news more these past couple months and therefore have had less to say politically. I must admit that I am less crabby about liberals and the direction they are taking this country and much more easy going. Hell, I can even tolerate Hobo again and that’s saying something.

I’ve no idea if I’ll post much anywhere anymore, but I thought I would stick my head in the door after going through my old Yahoo e-mail box last night and seeing a few emails from the past few months asking where I was. I forgot I had even given that addy out and I only checked it last night because it’s Fantasy Football time and I had to pick up an invite.

So here I am. Life gets busier and busier, with no end in sight. Family takes up the majority of my time anymore and with several of them getting ready to go off to college in the next few months, I have ascended to a new level of needing 48 hours to cover a single 24 hour day.

Sleep? What’s that?

I fill up my off-time these days with writing and everything associated with it. My first novel comes out early 2012 and we are working on Books 2 and 3 of that trilogy. I’ve also got several other writing projects in the works and now that I have a publisher, the world is my oyster. It had better be – with all these kids growing up and going off to college, I’m gonna need a few dozen oysters.

But still, I’m livin’ the dream. It’s been my desire since high school to be a published author and while I’ve got a number of small writing credits over the years, this has been what I’ve been shooting for and also been the most elusive…until this past May. Now that I have it, I intend to walk that path as far as it will take me and let me tell you, marketing the book has been a new experience.

But it’s been a fun kind of busy (writing, editing, website, interviews, videos, blogging, FB'ing, etc.) and the biggest thing is that you're never too old to live your dream!

Tick tock goes the retirement clock.

Hope everyone is doing well…consider this my e-mail reply to those that were emailing and asking. Hope Slim is still around enough to see this post. Glad to see Hoggie is still kicking and I hope that Hobo gets the help he so desperately needs. Ridge still around or has he fully bailed?

All the best you degenerates!

Flyer ~ still lives and coming to a book shelf near you!

Old 08-22-2011, 06:30 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Nice to see you back!
You do know that your mere presence here brings balance to the cosmos...
not trying to guilt trip you...just sayin'.

I can bring you up to speed with the political discussions you've missed...

I've simply quit giving my political advise, unless world leaders call me, and all I ask in return is simple things, like a guest pass to area 51 for example.
Anyway, debates come easy for you married guys. You are use to loosing arguments with your wives.

Old 08-22-2011, 06:44 PM
Board Icon

Nice to see ya drop in! I wondered where you were hiding. I figured you were busy with the job, family and stuff. I didn't know that you were a book maker! You'll have to let us know what it is, so we can hit the book stores! Maybe get your John Hancock to boot!
Good to see ya, Twilight!
Don't be a stranger!

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 08-22-2011, 07:20 PM
Board Icon

I hope it's a crimefighting novel.

you know, come to think of it... I've never heard Twilight say... "to make a long story short..."

Old 08-22-2011, 07:55 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
I hope it's a crimefighting novel.

you know, come to think of it... I've never heard Twilight say... "to make a long story short..."
Original Word Document manuscript was 900 double spaced pages. Write long...let the editors cut it down. It'll be a good sized book, no matter the cuts, and I'm learning about script writing right now, in order to take it to the next level of media. All in all, it smokes. We've had several test readers, as well as our publisher and editors describe in nothing less than glowing tones. Dan Brown meets Stephen King was my favorite feedback line. One of our readers is a producers for a local cable network and said there's no doubt this will be on the big screen someday. Glad to hear it...it was written with that in mind.

It's a fun book - not about crime fighting, but about the end of the world. I don't want to spam the forum with specifics about something that I'm obviously going to be selling in early 2012, unless G-Man says 'no sweat'. But I'll respond to the PMs.

Quote:
I didn't know that you were a book maker! You'll have to let us know what it is, so we can hit the book stores! Maybe get your John Hancock to boot!
I was in Chicago last weekend promoting it. We've set up our launch and a few book readings/signing already for next year - Chicago, Columbus, several spots in Iowa, and Salt Lake City. We'll probably be doing a Dallas (publisher is located there), too, and anywhere else that'll take us. Honestly still having a hard time fathoming it all. But it's pretty cool. My kids are eating it up, that's for sure..."Dad, when it becomes a movie, can you get us autographs!" LOL!

Old 08-23-2011, 01:40 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Super ModeratorSenior Board Member

I think Ridge totally bailed. Haven't heard from in about a year.

Didja see we have a separate political area now?

Old 08-23-2011, 02:15 AM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoe View Post
I think Ridge totally bailed. Haven't heard from in about a year.

Didja see we have a separate political area now?
Yeah, I saw that but decided not to visit it or I'd have to go find Hobo or Kentla and beat some sense into them. :moon: :love:

Old 08-23-2011, 03:19 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Glad to see you check in, Twilight. It is great to hear your book is being published. "No Sweat." I just thought that I would throw that in. You will need those profits from the book to pay for college. I can't believe the increases I have seen in my area. I hope you will hang out with us for a while.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:18 AM
Senior Board Member

Twilight I'm so happy for you ... there's nothing quite so awesome as living your dream ... please let us know later the name of your Book ... I'll be sure and order one... Best Wishes ...

Watch your 'Thoughts,' they become words. Watch your 'Words,' they become
actions. Watch your 'Actions,' they become habits. Watch your 'Habits,' they
become character. Watch your 'Character,' for it becomes your Destiny.'
Old 08-23-2011, 12:51 PM
Board Icon

http://www.youtube.com/user/KrypteiaConspiracy?blend=2&ob=5#p/a/u/1/hsQvEMXYDAA Link above to Twilight's YouTube channel called Krypteia Conspiracy where they have a couple of animated marketing videos.
Book is called Hade's Gambit: Book I of the Krypteia Conspiracy

I wonder if it's one of those (half-whisper) secret alien books you can read without opening them.
Here is a good design for the Hade's hat. :thumbsup:

Last edited by Roadhog; 08-23-2011 at 01:20 PM. Reason: I can't tell you...I won't tell... actually I really don't know anything...(Hog runs off)