User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2011, 02:29 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Thanks GMan! Then promote it, I shall!

The book is entitled Hade’s Gambit: Book I of the Krypteia Conspiracy. If you FB, you can find our fan page at the link below or by searching for Krypteia Conspiracy on FB. If the book is up your alley, like us and keep up to date with us. I keep it pretty updated and we’ve got some fun stuff up there, including a couple of short animated marketing videos detailing our exploits on selling our book. We’ve got about a dozen of them planned over the next few months leading up to the actual release of the book and they are also on our YouTube channel (Kryptiea Conspiracy).

FB page is at:

Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

If FB is not your thing (Windy), we’ve got a blog started on the process of putting the book together and what we’ve been going through and learning:

sHade Tree

And of course, if you don’t FB or blog, you can just find us on our publisher’s webpage here and we’re still working on the actual website for the book itself:

My Business - Home

Yes, I use the word us because there are 3 of us that wrote the book and it is proving to be a pretty unique thing that has a lot of people talking. We even caught the attention of the university and were asked to shoot an interview with UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) City of Literature and the Writer’s Workshop back in early August that will release in October. It will get air time with all of UNESCO’s Cities of Literature (there are 5 worldwide), as well as locally in conjunction with the Workshop. We’re hoping that really gives us a boost.

We’ve got a great piece of fiction with a very unique look at the end of the world that we believe will appeal to people of many different beliefs and those that are not believers, as well. It’s a fun book that doesn’t get weighed down in religious dogma and instead concentrates on the story and the characters and we definitely take the last days in a new and different direction. So we think it works well for a very broad audience.

Turns out the really big thing about writing a book is getting the word out. We’re with a small press, but even newbie authors that get picked up by a major press have their work cut out for them marketing their works. So we’re going all out with everything we can think of, as you can tell. And that’s the wave of the future, too. Big houses and retailers are struggling – the new authors that make it in this industry are going to be those that put the work into marketing themselves.

As I said, I don’t sleep much anymore.

Anyway, check us out. It is my hope that you’ll find a story that very much intrigues you. Jed made a really good point in his last blog entry. I think the most exciting thing about this whole this is giving something back to the world, something that people will read and enjoy. We want people to see the world we've created (and are destroying! ) and say 'wow, this is going to be a fun ride.'

Old 08-23-2011, 06:18 PM
Board Icon

Wow! This blows my mind. Sounds like this is a 'for real' novel, and it might be on the big screen some day.
That's really cool, Twilight. Good to hear that this has taken off, and yall are doing well.
I was just visiting the FB page, and I liked it. (meaning, I clicked on 'like' )

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 08-23-2011, 07:27 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Super ModeratorSenior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer View Post
Thanks GMan! Then promote it, I shall!

The book is entitled Hade’s Gambit: Book I of the Krypteia Conspiracy. If you FB, you can find our fan page at the link below or by searching for Krypteia Conspiracy on FB. If the book is up your alley, like us and keep up to date with us. I keep it pretty updated and we’ve got some fun stuff up there, including a couple of short animated marketing videos detailing our exploits on selling our book. We’ve got about a dozen of them planned over the next few months leading up to the actual release of the book and they are also on our YouTube channel (Kryptiea Conspiracy).

FB page is at:

Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

If FB is not your thing (Windy), we’ve got a blog started on the process of putting the book together and what we’ve been going through and learning:

sHade Tree

And of course, if you don’t FB or blog, you can just find us on our publisher’s webpage here and we’re still working on the actual website for the book itself:

My Business - Home

Yes, I use the word us because there are 3 of us that wrote the book and it is proving to be a pretty unique thing that has a lot of people talking. We even caught the attention of the university and were asked to shoot an interview with UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) City of Literature and the Writer’s Workshop back in early August that will release in October. It will get air time with all of UNESCO’s Cities of Literature (there are 5 worldwide), as well as locally in conjunction with the Workshop. We’re hoping that really gives us a boost.

We’ve got a great piece of fiction with a very unique look at the end of the world that we believe will appeal to people of many different beliefs and those that are not believers, as well. It’s a fun book that doesn’t get weighed down in religious dogma and instead concentrates on the story and the characters and we definitely take the last days in a new and different direction. So we think it works well for a very broad audience.

Turns out the really big thing about writing a book is getting the word out. We’re with a small press, but even newbie authors that get picked up by a major press have their work cut out for them marketing their works. So we’re going all out with everything we can think of, as you can tell. And that’s the wave of the future, too. Big houses and retailers are struggling – the new authors that make it in this industry are going to be those that put the work into marketing themselves.

As I said, I don’t sleep much anymore.

Anyway, check us out. It is my hope that you’ll find a story that very much intrigues you. Jed made a really good point in his last blog entry. I think the most exciting thing about this whole this is giving something back to the world, something that people will read and enjoy. We want people to see the world we've created (and are destroying! ) and say 'wow, this is going to be a fun ride.'
And to think...I knew you when...?

Seriously, congratulations!!

Old 08-23-2011, 10:03 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Senior Board Member

Great to hear from the legend himself - it sounds like exciting times ahead. Congratulations!
Old 08-24-2011, 10:56 PM
Senior Board Member

I have NEVE had so much trouble getting my account fixed in my life....... but I am back!!!
Old 08-24-2011, 10:58 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Senior Board Member

Welcome back, Ridge! If you continue to have technical problems, just PM me.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:21 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleeIB View Post
Welcome back, Ridge! If you continue to have technical problems, just PM me.
I haven't posted much in the last several months but always stuck my head in to poke around. Didn't even know I had a log in problem until two weeks ago.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:59 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer View Post

Most importantly, I’ve learned that when I give myself a break from the political rants on BOTH sides, I’m generally a happier guy... Hell, I can even tolerate Hobo again and that’s saying something.
That's only because Clee took away my Caps Lock key! :angryblue:

Quote:
My first novel comes out early 2012 and we are working on Books 2 and 3 of that trilogy. I’ve also got several other writing projects in the works and now that I have a publisher, the world is my oyster.
Well, if the author/producers of that movie "2012" (or the Mayans, for that matter) have THEIR way.... it's gonna be a short lived career! Here's hoping they are wrong! :cheers:

Quote:
But still, I’m livin’ the dream. It’s been my desire since high school to be a published author and while I’ve got a number of small writing credits over the years, this has been what I’ve been shooting for and also been the most elusive…
Congratulations. I hope you get everything that's coming to you! Um... I mean... good for you, dude.

Let me know when it comes out in paperback with large type. Hey... I'm just a poor truck driver. :tears:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:37 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Scoe:
Quote:
And to think...I knew you when...?
I can answer that! You knew me back when I was a crusty old bast@rd raining fire and brimstone down on the unwashed! Seriously, I’m still as opinionated as ever, but I keep it mostly to myself these days.

Hobo:
Quote:
That's only because Clee took away my Caps Lock key
Somebody had to. It’s for the good of mankind.

Quote:
Well, if the author/producers of that movie "2012" (or the Mayans, for that matter) have THEIR way.... it's gonna be a short lived career! Here's hoping they are wrong
Yeah, we’re looking to capitalize on that whole 2012 craze. We touch on it in our animated marketing videos. But hey, on a real-life note, you can’t NOT do something based on fears of the future, any future. Just do it and let God (or the cosmos, if that’s what one believes) deal with it.

I have a really big reason for doing this and pressing ahead so hard and that’s to provide for my family, to put my kids through college, and to generally make a good life for all of us. And if God decides that the world comes to an end in 2012, then I won’t have any of those worries anyway, right? So it’s a win-win. I’ve had a nutso summer, but it’s been a lot of fun.

Quote:
Let me know when it comes out in paperback with large type. Hey... I'm just a poor truck driver
Come on. You know you want a signed copy. You're just dying to know what I'd write, right?

Old 08-25-2011, 03:02 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I hope Milla Jovovich is in the movie..
I would like to be one of the first Zombie's she punches in the face...