User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2011, 06:58 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Really #2

Hobo just had to have the last word, didn't ya Hobo?
Old 07-26-2011, 08:55 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Old 07-27-2011, 03:20 AM
Board Icon

Actually.... I think Clee did! :lol:

Not sure why.... I thought we were all behaving about NORMALLY... issedoff::ranting::banghead::lol2: ... and stuff like that!

But, hey.... he's the boss!

Of course, sometimes we ARE proof of the theory of "devolution of the species." :clap:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:29 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post

Not sure why.... I thought we were all behaving about NORMALLY... issedoff::ranting::banghead::lol2: ... and stuff like that!

Of course, sometimes we ARE proof of the theory of "devolution of the species." :clap:
So I just got a call from Washington D.C. it was from a T party intern and she stated she would like to ask me a few questions about how I felt about the our current American Situation. I responded with "absolutley but only if she would send me a pair of her Silky panties", to which she asked what I had planned for them? Being so quick / dumb witted depending on which one of you is reading this I told her I would like to wear them while I thought about Michele Bachmann in various poses in the Oval Office. Believe it or not this young lady laughed her azz off and told me that posed a very nice photo opp in her mind... at this point I just told her in my opinion it does not matter who runs our Government as they I truley feel that the only thing all politicians are good for is to drop to their knees and give out quality BJs to every American standing in line.. I then asked her if she had plans to become a politician and if so where her district was as she had a very soft voice, she was'nt shaken in the least and told me that she was a Jr attending Georgetown and studying Political science with aspirations of becoming a poltician and then told me to friend her up on facebook..

How funny is that...

Timberwolf
Old 07-27-2011, 11:17 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

Yeah I don't know what set Clee off. Maybe it was Gman finally posting some links, even though none of them worked. lol

Does someone have to believe in evolution to believe in devolution?

Some day someone on this forum should talk up how the scientific community actually works. Any scientist that disputes Darwin with even a tiny bit of success gets their name in lights and invites to all the talk shows and book deals and riches beyond imagination. Any scientist that says "I agree with Darwin" is like "duh, big surprise there dipshiit". All the motivation is on the side of disproving Darwin and yet noone has.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:22 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Senior Board Member

Remember when you were kids, and you and your siblings were riding in the car and causing a ruckus in the back seat, and your dad called out, "Don't make me go back there"?

This is like that.

Look, I am all for constructive political discussion (if such a thing is possible).

I am not for yelling and shouting and ALL CAPS and refusing to change one's mind and generally being a jackass. Truckers have enough things working against them - the last thing they need is other truckers against them. This board exists to unite truckers, not divide them.

I'm still unconvinced that constructive political discussion is possible, but I'm willing to let you guys try.

If name-calling ("you liberals", "you neocons", etc.) or personal attacks start happening, or threads start going nowhere because everyone's just dug in and yelling at each other - threads will be closed.

I've witnessed this type of political crap poison and suck the life out of other forums, and I won't let it happen here.

We all have differences, but start remembering what we have in common, or else we all lose.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:17 AM
Board Icon

MichiganDriver said:

Quote:
Yeah I don't know what set Clee off.
I do! What... you didn't get your invitation? [see... i can type/speak without capitalization, bold lettering or colors to get my point across.] [oh, damn... i used an exclamation point. i think question marks are allowed.]

Gee, I sure hope commas, ellipses, quotation marks and parentheses will continue to be allowed. I'm not sure i can combine (and separate) all my thoughts into my usual short replies without the ability and permission to place emphasis where i want... and how i want. Should i use a smilie here?

Do you remember... or were you here back then... my last spat with Fozzy? I had put a few words/phrases in quotation marks, and he assumed I was implying a negative (or sarcastic) "value" to those words. I then apologized and explained why I punctuate or capitalize the way i do. Well... Clee wasn't here then and probably hasn't read that thread (or post.)

In the post that follows the one i'm replying to, Clee says:

Quote:
Remember when you were kids, and you and your siblings were riding in the car and causing a ruckus in the back seat, and your dad called out, "Don't make me go back there"?
The part of this quote that is Clee's is, like everything else he's said, perfectly calm and milquetoast enough to need no emphasis. One [not ONE] could not mistake his meaning. [There are] No hidden jabs or contested political views, no intrigue... no passion. Then he, like Sheila Jackson Lee, quoted something like a proverb. Actually, just something we've all heard from all of our dads:

Quote:
"Don't make me go back there"
See.... that's not the way i heard it. When my dad said it... it had emphasis. He stressed certain words more than others. I knew what he meant by which words he capitalized or emphasized. My dad would have said it like this:

Quote:
"Don't MAKE me go BACK there"
Notice that, as in almost all sentence structure in the English language, there are at least two words that are being emphasized... with one superlative as apposed to the other. In the second instance, he is stressing that he is already up front, and does not want to relocate to the back seat where the "ruckus" is. That would be extremely dangerous and inconvenient. But, more importantly... he is saying it would be our fault if he had to come back here and "straighten us out." And that gives clarity to his words.

Would any of these make sense to you?

"DON'T make me go back there" [okay... maybe. It's a negative command.]

"Don't make ME go back there" [but, I'll send mom. She'll really spank ya good.]

"Don't make me GO back there" [use a bottle like any other good trucker.]

"Don't make me go back THERE" [well, where else would you go? You're already up there, and there are only two rows of seats in this little car.]

No.... he had to emphasize some word to get his point across. He wasn't shouting... he just wanted to emphasize the word "make." If he had sent us a text, i'll bet he would have capitalized "that" word.

Quote:
Does someone have to believe in evolution to believe in devolution?
I really wanted to get into this one tonight, but ran out of time. I hope i'm still here to come back to it.

Quote:
Some day someone on this forum should talk up how the scientific community actually works. Any scientist that disputes Darwin with even a tiny bit of success gets their name in lights and invites to all the talk shows and book deals and riches beyond imagination. Any scientist that says "I agree with Darwin" is like "duh, big surprise there dipshiit". All the motivation is on the side of disproving Darwin and yet noone has.
I think you just did.

:zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
MichiganDriver said:

I do! What... you didn't get your invitation? [see... i can type/speak without capitalization, bold lettering or colors to get my point across.] [oh, damn... i used an exclamation point. i think question marks are allowed.]

Gee, I sure hope commas, ellipses, quotation marks and parentheses will continue to be allowed. I'm not sure i can combine (and separate) all my thoughts into my usual short replies without the ability and permission to place emphasis where i want... and how i want. Should i use a smilie here?

Do you remember... or were you here back then... my last spat with Fozzy? I had put a few words/phrases in quotation marks, and he assumed I was implying a negative (or sarcastic) "value" to those words. I then apologized and explained why I punctuate or capitalize the way i do. Well... Clee wasn't here then and probably hasn't read that thread (or post.)

In the post that follows the one i'm replying to, Clee says:

The part of this quote that is Clee's is, like everything else he's said, perfectly calm and milquetoast enough to need no emphasis. One [not ONE] could not mistake his meaning. [There are] No hidden jabs or contested political views, no intrigue... no passion. Then he, like Sheila Jackson Lee, quoted something like a proverb. Actually, just something we've all heard from all of our dads:

See.... that's not the way i heard it. When my dad said it... it had emphasis. He stressed certain words more than others. I knew what he meant by which words he capitalized or emphasized. My dad would have said it like this:

Notice that, as in almost all sentence structure in the English language, there are at least two words that are being emphasized... with one superlative as apposed to the other. In the second instance, he is stressing that he is already up front, and does not want to relocate to the back seat where the "ruckus" is. That would be extremely dangerous and inconvenient. But, more importantly... he is saying it would be our fault if he had to come back here and "straighten us out." And that gives clarity to his words.

Would any of these make sense to you?

"DON'T make me go back there" [okay... maybe. It's a negative command.]

"Don't make ME go back there" [but, I'll send mom. She'll really spank ya good.]

"Don't make me GO back there" [use a bottle like any other good trucker.]

"Don't make me go back THERE" [well, where else would you go? You're already up there, and there are only two rows of seats in this little car.]

No.... he had to emphasize some word to get his point across. He wasn't shouting... he just wanted to emphasize the word "make." If he had sent us a text, i'll bet he would have capitalized "that" word.

I really wanted to get into this one tonight, but ran out of time. I hope i'm still here to come back to it.

I think you just did.

:zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz:
Are trying to get this one locked down too? But i gotta admit it's funny
Old 07-28-2011, 10:05 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete View Post
Are trying to get this one locked down too? But i gotta admit it's funny
:lol:... tragic humor although subtle and persistent, the narcisism smacks of Vassago.

ironical humor would be if this po' victim were made a mod himself...
he WOULD haVe to ban hiMSElf within a FEW posts.?
The tormentor would have to see that madness does not lie this way.
(IF writting style is THAT ofFenSive)

....now that's funny... :rofl: (grim, satirical humor implied only)

Old 07-28-2011, 05:39 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentla93 View Post
So I just got a call from Washington D.C. it was from a T party intern and she stated she would like to ask me a few questions about how I felt about the our current American Situation. I responded with "absolutley but only if she would send me a pair of her Silky panties", to which she asked what I had planned for them? Being so quick / dumb witted depending on which one of you is reading this I told her I would like to wear them while I thought about Michele Bachmann in various poses in the Oval Office. Believe it or not this young lady laughed her azz off and told me that posed a very nice photo opp in her mind... at this point I just told her in my opinion it does not matter who runs our Government as they I truley feel that the only thing all politicians are good for is to drop to their knees and give out quality BJs to every American standing in line.. I then asked her if she had plans to become a politician and if so where her district was as she had a very soft voice, she was'nt shaken in the least and told me that she was a Jr attending Georgetown and studying Political science with aspirations of becoming a poltician and then told me to friend her up on facebook..

How funny is that

Timberwolf

Sounds like one hell of a dream there Timber.................one helluva dream!!! :rofl: