LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2011, 10:02 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

MSNBC Anchor Asks About Economics Degree | Video | TheBlaze.com

How sick is this?:eek2: Is this what's called diversity?:roll:

Gay Marriage Video Kissing Kids | Video | TheBlaze.com

Last edited by robertt; 07-20-2011 at 11:34 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:16 AM
Senior Board Member

You know what's creepy? When I read the comments it's like I'm eavesdropping on Robert having a conversation with his friends. That def feels a little weird.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:22 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganDriver View Post
Did you happen to notice this link under the vid?

Senate Rubber Stamps National Enslavement Bill
Alex Jones couldn't write his OWN mother's obituary without making it an Obama conspiracy! :hellno:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:23 AM
Board Icon

For the most part, I would have to agree that Contessa had her "hat hander to her" in this exchange. She did the right thing and apologized for it. The "lawyer's maxim" she quoted on facebook is one that we should ALL take to heart.

But.... she was not wrong. With all due respect to the congressman's degrees and honors, he is "out-ranked" and out-voted by the large majority of economists in the WORLD who say we were within a "margin call" of a total collapse of the banking system both HERE (in America) and around the civilized world... and another market collapse that would have made '29 look like a ticker-tape parade! :hellno:

I don't know much about Contessa. She's not my favorite "skirt" on news shows, but SHE also graduated Magna Cum Laude with a BS in public communications/Journalism. I found it interesting that the Congressman, who certainly "is" an Economist, isn't on ANY budget/finance committees in Congress.

So.... maybe he's not totally "up on" all the economic or financial considerations in Congress today over our Debt Ceiling Default. Or... maybe, as a junior congressman, he's just "toting the party line" and repeating the authorized mantra that denies we would REALLY go into default, or that our debt rating would "really" be damaged for the next 10 years!

Either way.... he's definitely in the minority of Economists out there today in his views. Contessa, having heard SO MANY others disagree with him, MUST have had a moment of "on air" journalistic DISBELIEF.... and accidentally stuck her FOOT in there while her jaw was on the floor! :lol::lol:

But, I must add this. I was impressed with the fact that a junior Congressman from Alabama (is it?) would BE a well-educated and stable "professional." Y'all got ENOUGH "uneducated commoners" in Congress during the last election. They're called Tea Party Caucus members. I know how GMAN hates these other types... lawyers and "smart fellers," but... making LAWS really "IS" a job for grownups! :deal::thumbsup:

Old 07-22-2011, 12:36 PM
Senior Board Member

Another CEO of a successful company who doesn't know what he's talking about :roll: [sarcasm intended]

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/home...omists-get-it/

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily...190228219.html

Last edited by robertt; 07-22-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:12 AM
Senior Board Member

Norway Foreign Minister Jonas Gahr Store Support Palestinian State | TheBlaze.com
Old 07-24-2011, 09:25 AM
Senior Board Member

So I read the article and I just can't figure out why it's significant and especially why you would post it. But then I read the comments and holy crap, these people are mad. You hang out there, which comments are yours?
Old 07-24-2011, 11:27 AM
Senior Board Member

Do you even realize that by posting that you've condoned the slaughter of children? Get some help.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:44 PM
Board Icon

robertt said:

Quote:
Another CEO of a successful company who doesn't know what he's talking about :roll: [sarcasm intended]
Well... I don't know nuthin' about THIS guy... although I'm sure I'll take a peek at google later... but, I'm not so sure HOW "successful" he actually IS at the moment. He was the "Johnnie come lately" to the construction and home improvement market. LOWE's (at least) was surely his big brother. BOTH (most) of these stores rely on the "home construction" market for about 60-70% of their business! And THAT market is in the toilet!! On the other hand.... you'd think MANY people are spending money in these stores to "freshen up" the pig of a house they are trying to SELL! .... NOT because they think this is the TIME to sell.... but, because they have lost their jobs and can no longer afford even the INTEREST on the mortgage payments!

But... the PEOPLE have no money to spend.... if they HAVE NO JOBS! HE is panicking because he sees people restricting their spending to FOOD, Education, GAS, and POWER bills, and not so much in things like appliances and LIGHTING! :hellno:

But, let's LOOK at his comments in this video, or actually some quotes from it that are part of the accompanying article.... which is what I will quote and discuss:

Home Depot Co-Founder Bernie Marcus Blasts Obama Economy | TheBlaze.com

The "accompanying article" from somebody at TheBlaze:

Quote:
In an interview with Investor’s Business Daily (IBD), Marcus blasted Obama and his policies, saying “even brain-dead economists understand that when you raise taxes, you cost jobs.”
Apparently, Marcus ONLY listens to "brain-dead economists" cuz the facts just don't bear that claim out. Reagan raised taxes and created jobs. Clinton raised taxes and created even MORE jobs. Bush CUT taxes and created the FEWEST jobs in recent history.... and created an atmosphere that led to a financial and economic meltdown!

Quote:
Marcus: As he speaks about cutting out regulations, they are now producing thousands of pages of new ones. With just ObamaCare by itself, you have a 2,000 page bill that’s probably going end up being 150,000 pages of regulations.
MORE whining about Obamacare! Geez. 150,000 pages?? Really?? A little hyperbole there?? Besides... most of the regulations in Obamacare affect the health industry, not HIS.... and not MOST corporations.

Quote:
Marcus: I‘m not sure Obama would understand anything that I’d say, because he’s never really worked a day outside the political or legal area. He doesn’t know how to make a payroll, he doesn’t understand the problems businesses face.
Yeah, cuz I forgot.... someone remind me just WHAT company Reagan was the CEO of???

Quote:
Marcus: They [CEO's] are frightened to death — frightened that they will have the IRS or SEC on them. In my 50 years in business, I have never seen executives of major companies who were more intimidated by an administration.
Well.... during HIS 50 years, corporations have run the government... and run our country into poverty! If they are NOW frightened about the IRS or SEC.... perhaps, they have something to hide???

Old 07-24-2011, 07:33 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I think that he has a reason to fear the IRS. Anyone who is in business should be very concerned with this administration and how he will use the IRS to socially engineer this country. He hired 16,000 new IRS agents/auditors. You can be assured that they won't be spending their time answering the telephone. From the direction Obama has been heading he has shown a disdain for business. Nixon used the IRS during his administration to go after his political enemies. He is a wimp compared to Obama and what he has in mind for this country.
Closed Thread