User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2010, 01:27 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I agree that not all who serve our country are heroes. However, we should have a place of honor for those who have given their life for this country. Those who serve in our military do deserve our respect and support. I am very thankful for the support that I have seen for our military lately. We should NEVER treat our military with the disdain they endured during the Vietnam era. I am not sure that many younger people truly understand what Memorial Day really means. It isn't about barbecue and playing games. It about showing respect and honoring those who have died in service to our country. We should also remember those whom they left behind.

Last edited by GMAN; 05-30-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 03:32 PM

Good post Gman. All I can say is 10-4 to everyone that has served honorably in our military.

Gun Control isn't about guns, It's about Control.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:09 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay B View Post
As a veteran and retired Navy Chief, I am not offended by obama not going to Arlington this Monday. In fact I think him NOT going there shows more respect to the men and women who gave their lives in defense of FREEDOM and DEMOCRACY than his being there ever could. Of course, I am sure there was no respect intended, he probably needs to go to Chicago to meet with his "associates" to plan the strategy for the Sestak denial.
Jay B:

I appreciate what you said in your other post, but THIS one really ticked me off. :lol:

I also appreciate your SERVICE and I envy your status as retired and the rank you achieved. I went into the A.F. to make a career of it. Their incompetence drove me out a bit early.

That you would denegrate Pres. Obama after all he has DONE for our military and our veterans, is insulting. Dubya never "served" in any capacity that meets MY criteria... and that draft dodger CHENEY has visited Arlington on State business.... I'm pretty sure.

Just as our constitution prohibits any "litmus test" for religious belief as a requirement to be President, it ALSO makes no mention of "veteran" status. You know.... REAGAN never "served."

I feel it is disrespectful of the position of President and Commander in Chief for some of you* to "label" Obama as being against our military JUST because he is a Democrat, or because he wants to END THESE WARS!

He has been to Iraq several times, or at least ONCE. The troops there accepted him with applause and RESPECT! What gives anyone here at home the right to do otherwise?

JFK was a bonafide war "hero." Eisenhower, though not known for any "heroic" effort, was a certified military man deserving respect. BUSH #1 was not a HERO... but, he served during a war and was shot down!

JFK took us into SPACE! (AND stared down the Commies in Cuba!)

Ike won the WAR! And then he had time to build an INTERSTATE system!

Papa Bush survived WWII by floating in the ocean while the REAL war happened all around him. Yeah... I know... he was shot out of the sky before he could deliver his armament. Today, "they" would call that PILOT ERROR.

Let's not TALK about Reagan. I really liked him. So much that I "MISSED" some of the "backroom" crap that he presided over.

Clinton never served, but he was a Rhodes scholar. Smart people who can TELL me what is going on IMPRESS me. Balancing the budget with a Republican Congress REALLY impresses me! :bow::clap:

And THEN we had 8 years of Dubya! :hellno::thumbsdown:

Don't get me started.

"No respect intended." :hellno:

Hobo

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:42 PM
Senior Board Member

All I can say is to each thier own. I served so even those low lifes that wanna burn the flag can do so and not get shot or hauled off to jail. I don't consider myself a hero but I am damed proud to have served.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:22 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post

I appreciate what you said in your other post, but THIS one really ticked me off. :lol:

I also appreciate your SERVICE and I envy your status as retired and the rank you achieved. I went into the A.F. to make a career of it. Their incompetence drove me out a bit early.
Their incompetence drove you out? How many times have I heard that or other such it not my fault they threw me out, wouldn't promote me, sent me to the brig for no reason nonsense.

Quote:
That you would denegrate Pres. Obama after all he has DONE for our military and our veterans, is insulting. Dubya never "served" in any capacity that meets MY criteria... and that draft dodger CHENEY has visited Arlington on State business.... I'm pretty sure.
What exactly do you think obama has done that has benefitted a single current or ex service member? Use facts, not opinions.

Quote:
Just as our constitution prohibits any "litmus test" for religious belief as a requirement to be President, it ALSO makes no mention of "veteran" status. You know.... REAGAN never "served."
I never made a single argument or point about his not serving in uniform. Being in the Armed Forces in no way qualifies ANYONE for high office. For proof of point here I will just type JIMMY CARTER.

Quote:
I feel it is disrespectful of the position of President and Commander in Chief for some of you* to "label" Obama as being against our military JUST because he is a Democrat, or because he wants to END THESE WARS!
Nothing to do with his being a democrat. It is 100% personal, not party related. And by the way, I am not a fan of war either.

Quote:
[He has been to Iraq several times, or at least ONCE. The troops there accepted him with applause and RESPECT! What gives anyone here at home the right to do otherwise?
Once. I have friends that have been four times, and not for only 6 hours.

Quote:
[JFK was a bonafide war "hero." Eisenhower, though not known for any "heroic" effort, was a certified military man deserving respect. BUSH #1 was not a HERO... but, he served during a war and was shot down!
Kennedy a hero? Read this Motor Torpedo Boat PT-109 | Ask.com Encyclopedia . He missed his targets with ALL his weapons and then got his butt ran over by a destroyer.

In the PT Attack, 15 boats loaded with 60 torpedoes counted only a few observed explosions.[6] However, of the thirty torpedoes fired by PT boats from the four divisions not a single hit was scored.[7] Many of the torpedoes had exploded prematurely or ran at the wrong depth. The boats were ordered to return when their torpedoes were expended, but the boats with radar shot their torpedoes first. When they left, remaining boats, such as PT-109, were left without radar, and were not notified that other boats had engaged the enemy.[8]

PT-109, along with PT-162 and PT-169, were ordered to continue patrol of the area in case the enemy ships returned.[9] Around 0200, on a moonless night, Kennedy's boat was idling on one engine to avoid detection of her wake by Japanese aircraft.[10] With only about ten seconds warning, PT-109's crew realized they were squarely in the path of the Japanese destroyer Amagiri, which was returning to Rabaul from Vila, Kolombangara after offloading supplies and 900 soldiers.[11] Amagiri was traveling at high speed in order to be safely back in harbor before dawn, when Allied air patrols were likely to appear.

The crew spotted the destroyer bearing down on them at speeds reported by some sources as high as 30 or 40 kt (55 to 75 km/h). However, others believe it might have been as slow as 23 knots (43 km/h). With no time to get the engines up to speed, they were run down by the destroyer on 2 August 1943 in the Blackett Strait between Kolombangara and Arundel in the Solomon Islands near 8°06′44″S 156°54′20″E / 8.112140°S 156.905488°E / -8.112140; 156.905488.

Quote:
[JFK took us into SPACE! (AND stared down the Commies in Cuba!)
Almost got the world incinerated because he hired a band of morons to invade the Bay of Pigs instead of having the pro's do it.

Quote:
[[/B]Ike won the WAR! And then he had time to build an INTERSTATE system!

Papa Bush survived WWII by floating in the ocean while the REAL war happened all around him. Yeah... I know... he was shot out of the sky before he could deliver his armament. Today, "they" would call that PILOT ERROR.

Let's not TALK about Reagan. I really liked him. So much that I "MISSED" some of the "backroom" crap that he presided over.
Backroom crap? Oh, as compared to the Chicago mafia stuff that is going on in the White House now?

Quote:
[Clinton never served, but he was a Rhodes scholar. Smart people who can TELL me what is going on IMPRESS me. Balancing the budget with a Republican Congress REALLY impresses me! :bow::clap:
Sex in the oval office with an intern impresses me.

Quote:
[And THEN we had 8 years of Dubya! :hellno::thumbsdown:

Don't get me started.

"No respect intended." :hellno:

Hobo
Now what are you going to do Hobo? Ban me because I'm a conservative. Get the exhaust on you tractor fixed, you have been huffing to much carbon monoxide.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:21 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I don't have time to find the links.... but, Dubya did the SAME thing several times. WHAT you got to say about THAT?
I don't have time to find the links either.......but I saw a show where they were showing where past Presidents were on Memorial day because of the stink with obama and the ONLY time "Dubya" missed Arlington on Memorial day was the year he was in Normandy at the American cemetary there. Otherwise, he made the other 7.

Of course since I only watch FOX, it was probably all a big lie anyway. :roll::roll::roll::roll:
Old 05-31-2010, 03:28 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
\ BUSH #1 was not a HERO... but, he served during a war and was shot down!

JFK took us into SPACE! (AND stared down the Commies in Cuba!)

I will credit JFK for helping this nation to focus on moving us into space. We were in a race with the Soviet Union for military superiority in space. I remember the "Bay of Pigs" very well. We came as close to nuclear war as any time in our history. Had JFK taken action earlier we likely would not have had the "Bay of Pigs." He promised U.S. military assistance for Cuban patriots and left them high and dry. He was responsible for many patriotic Cubans being killed or jailed. His incompetence brought us to the brink of Armageddon. He didn't "stare down the Commies in Cuba, he gave away our based in Turkey to get them to move their missile's out of Cuba. Those missile's we had positioned in Turkey were a great part of our deterent at that time.

Ike won the WAR! And then he had time to build an INTERSTATE system!

Ike did have a little help.

I don't know if Bush Senior was a war hero or not. I do know that he served in the Navy and apparently with distinction. I am not sure how you can make the stretch to Pilot Error from him being shot down. I am sure that he didn't get himself shot down on purpose.

Reagan did serve in the Air Force during WWII. He made training films, as I recall. In any case, he did serve his country during a time of war.

Clinton never served, but he was a Rhodes scholar. Smart people who can TELL me what is going on IMPRESS me. Balancing the budget with a Republican Congress REALLY impresses me! :bow::clap:

I don't need "smart" people to tell me what is going on. I can figure that out for myself. I think that Clinton became a Rhodes Scholar to avoid going to war. If you look at the real numbers Clinton didn't actually balance the budget. None of the recent presidents from either party have balanced the budget.

And THEN we had 8 years of Dubya! :hellno::thumbsdown:

He also served in the service. Not everyone who serves goes to war.

Hobo
You really need to get over your fixation with George W.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:11 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
You really need to get over your fixation with George W.
I was reading the news a couple days ago where Pelosi and crew are blaming President Bush for the gulf oil spill now. These people are amazing, it's like a bunch of 8 year olds when it comes to blaming everyone else when they can't do something or don't like something.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:05 PM
Senior Board Member

you dont have time to find the links, just enough time to post negative information
Obama Memorial Day Wreath-Laying Need Not be at Arlington Cemetery
Old 05-31-2010, 04:49 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay B View Post
I was reading the news a couple days ago where Pelosi and crew are blaming President Bush for the gulf oil spill now. These people are amazing, it's like a bunch of 8 year olds when it comes to blaming everyone else when they can't do something or don't like something.

It is a shame that these people would rather blame George Bush than do something constructive. I suppose that if they can refocus people's attention on Bush that they won't pay so much attention to what they are doing. It is like a magician. He will focus your attention on one hand while performing his trick with the other. It is called "slight of hand." It would be refreshing to have representatives who would actually accept responsibility for their actions. Perhaps we should have a maturity guage that those seeking elective office should have to pass before being allowed to hold office.:thumbsup: