LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2010, 02:25 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman View Post
Sorry hawk no honda for me. :thumbsup::lol:
Honda's are the Peterbilts of Cars... Take care of them the paint will fade but it will still run like a champ!!! (If the Pete has a Cat Motor :lol But i got you, Fords Suck tho!!!! SAY NO TO FORD!!
Old 04-21-2010, 02:36 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkjr View Post
Honda's are the Peterbilts of Cars... Take care of them the paint will fade but it will still run like a champ!!! (If the Pete has a Cat Motor :lol But i got you, Fords Suck tho!!!! SAY NO TO FORD!!
LOL well if the honda is a pete. I guess that makes a ford a MACK.

Mack and Ford were making cars/trucks before peterbilt and honda were a wet dream LMAO:thumbsup:

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 04-21-2010, 10:48 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkjr View Post
Had a look at a Honda last week, and will be looking at it again. It has 101 vacuum lines to the intake, and will not idle well at all. A mechanic that works only on Hondas said they all do that after they get a few miles on them. Acts like it has a vacuum leak in the intake, but "you'll never find it". You'll spend enough money trying to fix it, that you could buy a brand new one, but it will still idle like sheit.

I'm afraid the Hondas I've had a look at aren't living up to your reputation of them.

And, actually, the most reliable car I've ever owned was a Ford. But, not one of the new ones.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:11 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

I dont like any cars. I think you should just drive the POWERSTROKEDIESEL!:clap:
Old 04-27-2010, 01:16 AM
Senior Board Member

UPDATE

I think im going to keep my 93 buick century. I was doing some reading online the V6 3.3 is a great motor. Im not much of a GM guy so i dont know for sure. Just by what i was reading.

The Buick needs about 250 bucks worth of body work. It needs a new header panel and grill cuz i hit a deer about 6months ago. I just bought the header panel and grill today. It should be in 2morrow. I will post pics of before and after i paint it. The car only got 78,000miles on it. I bought it for 800 bucks 3.5years ago off an old lady and it only had 53,000 on it then. This car has not really cost me much money. 2 new front tires, brakes and rotors, muffler, battery and alternator. So i think im just going to dump about 300 in it and keep on truckin with it. When the time comes that it dies then i can always buy another car. I might get 6months or 3-4 more years out of it.

Thanks for everyones input.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 04-27-2010, 01:22 AM
Senior Board Member
Location: Livin' large in the Ozark mountains of western Arkansas

I currently drive a 1998 Honda Accord with 150,000 miles on the clock. It doesn't use a drop of oil and runs like a top. I've also had several Fords and they were great. I did have a 1995 Chevy Lumina with the 3.4 liter V/6 and it had oil leak problems. And if you needed to replace the alternator (it went through 3 before I traded it for the Honda) a mechanic needed to remove both the right wheel and fender!
"Talk to me Goose".
"What we're dealin' with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law," Sheriff Buford T. Justice.
Friends don't let friends drive for C.R. England!
Old 04-27-2010, 09:23 PM
Board Regular

My wife drives a 2001 Ford Explorer 2wd 6cylinder. We bought it use in 2004 with 60,000 miles on it and it now has 130,000 plus. Runs great except for a rough idle (I am not going to look for that vacuum leak either). All we have had to do to it besides routine maintenance was water pump, lower ball joints, and ignition switch.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:02 PM
Senior Board Member

Mackman the 3.3 is a little brother to GM's 3800. The Firing order is the same and alot of the parts are the same. What is differant is that one does not have the Balance shaft or the Tuned Port injection that the 93 era 3800 series had in them. MY mother had one in a 91 Century that ran for 165K with no major issues. What we had to replace on it was one TPS at 120K worn out a set of plugs and wires normal maintance. I also replaced the Oil pump however easy to get to External on it with a High Volume one at 100K and replaced the ECM HAVE FUN IF THAT GOES. Located under the dashboard and you have to hang Upside down from the Passenger seat whilke working over your head to get to it.

Brakes when you replace the rear drum linings would advise New Cylinders also mine blew apart 1 week later. But beyond that Motor is BULLETPROOF. The only engine that has lasted LONGER in production than the Buick V-6's which there were 3 at one time the 3 liter the 3.3 and the daddy of the line the 3.8 which GM sold to AMC then had to BUYBACK in 1973 is the Small Block Chevy. These started off the line in the early 60's and were stopped in 2007 and replaced with a 3.5 that no one likes.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Senior Board Member

Thanks IE for your input on the 3.3 motor. I was reading online alot of people are getting 200k plus out of them. So that kinda what made me keep the car. I hope i can get the front end fixed today. I will be painting the header panel outside. I just hope it aint real windy. I will have pics of my body work lol. I painted the whole car myself about a year ago.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:15 PM
Senior Board Member

off topic but best GM v6's hands down are the 3.8 and the 4.3.