Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Lets talk cars (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/39842-lets-talk-cars.html)

Mackman 04-19-2010 04:38 PM

Lets talk cars

Well with my new job i will have to drive 26 Miles one way. So 52miles a day. I got a real beater a 93 Buick century i use to go back and fourth to work. But i only work 1.8miles away from home. So the beater does good for that. But 52 miles a day i think it will take its toll on the beater fast.

I will be buying in about 6months and have 6,000 i can pout down. So I'm trying to keep the price below 20,000. So i will only have to finance 14,000. I will like a car that gets around 25mpg. With only wanting to spend 20k i am looking more at used cars.

I like the ford fusion and the Lincoln mkz. But the mkz may be a little yuppie for me. So i just want to hear what type of cars do you think are a good bang for your buck.

The Cars have to be FORD or GM..... I don't wnat this thread to turn into a bashing of what cars are better etc. etc. Just if you happen to own a Ford GM car please tell me about it

Jackrabbit379 04-19-2010 04:55 PM

My wife had a Chevy Cobalt. It got about 35 mpg. It was good for trips, but it took a come-along to get me out. Something like that would be good for fuel milage, if you don't need a lot of space.

jd112488 04-19-2010 10:43 PM

single man..no kids. gotta go with the new challenger..with the hemi of course. strap some straight pipes underneath that bitch and let it purr. oh, yeah. thats what i am talking about.

but for me gotta be a full size pickup..crew cab for the kiddos. and the minivan for the wifey!! lol.

Double R 04-19-2010 10:56 PM

YUGO:lol:

Roadhog 04-19-2010 11:07 PM

So.. yer not gonna make this easy, and narrow it down to full size, mid-size, 4-door, 2-door coupe, etc?

Of the more recent models, I've had both the Taurus and the Crown Victoria.
The Crown Victoria is by far much better. I had a P-71 model with a 4.6 liter motor, and got a combined 26mpg, and I'm heavy footed. I like the rear differential/rear drive cars.

Since 2008 they are only sold as fleet cars. But you are interested in buying used anyway.

freebirdrfd 04-20-2010 01:49 AM

I like the ford fusion, but i've read some bad revues on how cheap the interior is.. P.S. Hog check out copcarsonline.com

firebird_1252 04-20-2010 02:19 AM

well.. might want to look in to a 4cyl Malibu. but if you want flat out economy.. cobalt.

NOW if you were willing to look into something else.. hands down vw TDI. my mom has one.. under myfoot.. 53mpg at 80

Roadhog 04-20-2010 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freebirdrfd (Post 479334)
P.S. Hog check out copcarsonline.com

:)
I inherited mine from our County Emergency Coordinator, when I was full time Fire/Rescue. They are built with HD parts, so if you can find a good one, that's your best Crown Vic. You can even handcuff your unruly drunk girlfriend and make her ride in the back. :thumbsup:

Hawkjr 04-20-2010 02:44 AM

Honda Accord... 06 to 08... under 20,000 easily used...

VPIDarkAngel 04-20-2010 03:26 AM

If you want new, either a Fusion or a Cobalt. If used, a Malibu, or maybe an Impala or Crown Vic. If you can afford a Pontiac G8, that'd probably do ok too. However, I still can't see myself in a car yet. The F-150 will suffice until I can afford diesel power.