LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2010, 02:34 PM
BANNED
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Job growth returns

March jobs report shows employers hiring again - Apr. 2, 2010

Sorry guys, Democrats JUST might get elected again.

Thank you president Obama !!
Old 04-02-2010, 03:56 PM
Senior Board Member

This is truly the key to the next election. People can complin about the health care bill all they want, but if people are working and have spending money, it will be the most important thing to them and vote accordingly.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:31 PM
BANNED
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan View Post
This is truly the key to the next election. People can complin about the health care bill all they want, but if people are working and have spending money, it will be the most important thing to them and vote accordingly.
The fact that there is only one response and a positive one at that, to this subject, just tells you how divided and color blind folks are.

Republicans hate this as much as it is a very good thing for out country.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:52 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

We knew progressives would gloss over some facts.
50K or so census jobs, which means these people will work just long enough to qualify for unemployment again.
BTW... more tax dollars being spent to pay these folks.... and guess how unemployment checks are funded? No positive revenue here.
The spending will catch up, and then phony numbers won't work for ya.

Next it will be the increase in IRS and other public sector jobs, for the administration of Obamacare,
which pay twice the private sector pay and outrageous benefits, and oh yeah...on taxpayer money. :block:

No real jobs are going to be on the increase until Obama backs off his anti-business policies, and gives business some reasonable confidence.
They have the potential for growth, but what CEO in his right mind would risk more than the minimum on this President?

This has been spelled out so many times, just like everything else.
Not surprised to see some back slapping and taking undo credit.
Yer gonna have to impress me a whole lot more.

Spring always has a higher percentage of job growth. Living in the north where I live, we see that every year, as a general course of commerce.
Trucking, construction, real estate, resorts, seasonal industry, mom and pop stores, restaurants, hospitals, gas stations, bait shops,
everything slows down in the winter and picks back up in the spring. :roll:

Old 04-02-2010, 09:50 PM
Senior Board Member

It's not just up North RH. Same thing happens here too, except this year we are just adding a little OT for those employed now. All in all we are still cutting jobs. In about 3 weeks we ( dispatch ) will be at the guard shacks checking in trucks along with dispatching drivers. 8 guards gone and I dread it but I'm GLAD to still be working. We are no longer "local dispatch" but "traffic control".
Old 04-02-2010, 10:38 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Spring always has a higher percentage of job growth. Living in the north where I live, we see that every year, as a general course of commerce.
Trucking, construction, real estate, resorts, seasonal industry, mom and pop stores, restaurants, hospitals, gas stations, bait shops,
everything slows down in the winter and picks back up in the spring. :roll:
For one thing, everyone is getting done with their taxes. Business is picking up, needing more help.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 04-02-2010, 10:59 PM
Senior Board Member

You know....in reference to the "color blind" comments from Dejanh. I was noticing yesterday, here in Oklahoma, how black and white interact with each other. I've been paying attention to this for a while. There is no "race" problem. Am I nieve enought to think their are not racists in the world? Of course not. BLACK and white, Asian, Hispanic, you name it. Do people not like each other? Sure, and ain't nobody gonna change that.

I have a niece, half black, whom I dearly love and would give anything or do anything for. I have GREAT friends who are black and we get along great. When I was driving OTR and local, blacks and whites interacted great everywhere I went.

The only problem I see is that people keep bringing it up that there IS a problem. I'm sick and tired of people who have NO CLUE about me telling me I'm racist or color blind. The Sharpton's, Farrakahns, Black Panthers, and Rev. Jackson's of the world keep people riled up.

When are folks going to come to the realization that people are going to be people? I "hate" equally. If someone has done something to me or I don't like the way they are portraying themselves, I stay away, regardless of what color, ethnicity, religion, whatever. I hang around with people I get along with who are happy, law abiding, responsible people. If you fit into that category so be it. If not, then we are just different folks. No problem, I just don't need that. I probably don't get along with more white people than I do black, and yes I do know more whites than black.

I'm American Indian by the way. Am I offended by the "Washington Redskins"? Are you kidding me? If people would just let people be we would get along alot better.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:43 PM
Board Icon

I wonder what the "real job" numbers are if you cut out the census workers, and those jobs saved or created by the Stimulus Bill. See, those jobs too are paid by tax dollars. It's a false positive.

I agree we are turning a corner, (in spite of politics) but it is not right to blow this out of proportion for political gain. I am so sick of politicians on both sides playing politics with our lives, freedoms and our future.

Last edited by Roadhog; 04-02-2010 at 11:47 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:58 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
I wonder what the "real job" numbers are if you cut out the census workers, and those jobs saved or created by the Stimulus Bill. See, those jobs too are paid by tax dollars. It's a false positive.

I agree we are turning a corner, (in spite of politics) but it is not right to blow this out of proportion for political gain. I am so sick of politicians on both sides playing politics with our lives, freedoms and our future.
That is exactly right Roadie. One month we see a positive, next month we see a negative. The problem is how it's being explained. Just because we saw less unemployment doesn't mean we had job growth, it just means less people are standing in line for unemployment benefits. The politicians take it to mean those people found jobs when that's not the case.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:21 AM
Board Icon

Robertt,

That colorblind comment (from Dejahn) just didn't seem to come out right. I don't want to assume, but I am inclined to read it as you have.
Colorblind is normally used to refer to "not notice" ethnicity, and treat people equally.

Today, you see racism used as a weapon and political tool to gain moral high ground, as well as other despicable intentions or motivations.
Conservatives link themselves to Christian values, which the foundation of our Republic was built. Thus the basis of double standard.

Progressives wish to smear Christianity, as it poses a threat...because it is the foundation of our Republic.
They feel they can gain moral high ground and gain favor of "average" Americans, because they have very low regard for the "average" American.

Progressives have slowly infected both parties through the years, and the paradigm has shifted. They now consume most of the democrat party.
Politically, the liberals (both democrats and republicans) have adopted moral relativism. (the ends justify the means)

Martin Luther King, Jr. looked to the day when people would be judged not “by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.”
That is our goal, and I think the majority of both the liberal and the conservative thinkers share this common ground.

We have much more common ground, if you were to remove the artificial tension, and political warfare.
Much we will never agree on, but it is our strength and pride as Americans that we work together.
Notice how the how the progressives (the Obama administration) do not want you to see that pride and greatness. (World Apology Tour) (Great Satan... God Damn America!)

Most people are not buying into the media hype racist BS, generated from the White House. This is so lame and people are appalled and outraged. :thumbsup:

Last edited by Roadhog; 04-03-2010 at 03:17 AM.