LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2010, 12:09 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommee View Post
windwalker-

i learned the basics, which is enough for now. i am still working on my scarf, first project. then my daughter wants a scarf too and a friend wants one for christmas. i will make an attempt at a matching hat for my daughter when i am done with her scarf. i have read that silk and cotton are hard to knit with. i have the book "knitting for dummies" for mistakes and how to fix them. knitting with the round needles will be my next challenge when i make the hat.
I'm guessing that by "round", you mean circular. I would suggest that you use a piece of different colored yarn, about 7 or 8 inches long, to run through your knitting and make sure you mark your starting point in each row. Each time you pass that point, drape it back through to mark it. Otherwise, you could end up a little lopsided. That's what I use for stocking caps. Smaller diameter needles, with the circular cord, (round and round we go...) and sports weight yarn makes for a much tighter knit, and the wind does not blow through as well. The old Navy "watch caps" were a small tight weave, and the wind does not blow through them at all. Makes them much warmer.

Smaller circle, and it's easy to make tube socks. Nice tight knit, and your toes don't get goosebumps.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:10 PM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
I'm guessing that by "round", you mean circular. I would suggest that you use a piece of different colored yarn, about 7 or 8 inches long, to run through your knitting and make sure you mark your starting point in each row. Each time you pass that point, drape it back through to mark it. Otherwise, you could end up a little lopsided. That's what I use for stocking caps. Smaller diameter needles, with the circular cord, (round and round we go...) and sports weight yarn makes for a much tighter knit, and the wind does not blow through as well. The old Navy "watch caps" were a small tight weave, and the wind does not blow through them at all. Makes them much warmer.

Smaller circle, and it's easy to make tube socks. Nice tight knit, and your toes don't get goosebumps.

Not your typical trucker chat! As far as Rosie Greer, who's going to argue with him?? NOT ME
Old 03-31-2010, 08:08 PM
Board Icon

I had to learn sewing, because there is no market with Lingerie large enough, for the Northern Mitche'gon wimmin.

Most of you guys wouldn't understand. The wimmin where you live only have to step outside and draw a breath to get attention from men.
Here male suicide is on the increase, as all of us are yearning for death. Conversations always begin, "KILL ME!" (followed by a glaring long pause)

You do hear about allot of death from somthering, being crushed to death, or from other horrible intimate accidents. (shudder)

Annaways, if any of you guys have a sister who has a single friend who looks like Anne Hathaway, sings like Shania, and would adore me like Lindsay Lohan loves that slimy DJ chick,
and has/had the IQ of Anna Nicole Smith, just so I don't have to try to have an actual conversation with her...
Please FedEx her to me... 'Course, if she looks like Cameron Diaz, it might be best to wrap her in brown paper.

Old 04-01-2010, 03:38 AM
Silly Goose
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post

that just went over my head. i think i kinda understand, but not really. this is all so new to me. i am experimenting with a smaller needle for the next scarf for a tighter knit.

"Remember, if you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do." - Warren Miller
Old 04-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Board Icon

My mom taught me how to sew when I was a kid. I liked it, but I gave it up. That dag gum needle kept poking me in the finger.
My mom sews all the time. She's never really done much Crochet nor Knitting, but she can sew anything as long as she's got thread.
My wife also sews. She'll go to Hancock Fabrics and look at patterns or what not, and wah lah. :lol:

http://watsonsysco.com/