User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2010, 06:35 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncrosonix View Post
hobo helps out haiti. why not chile? a powerful earthquake hit their country and it didn't get anywhere near the attention haiti has gotten, and continues to get. people still act like haiti is the only country to have gotten rocked by a massive earthquake. hell, chile's earthquake was so powerful that it knocked earth off its axis, making the days a tiny bit shorter.
Well, Synchro... if I had more than 2 days to make an edit, I would have edited that title long ago. I should have said Hobo's DAD helps Haiti, but it just didn't sound right at the time. The way it reads now is worse, but it was all I could think of at the time to keep it short.

As for Chile? Well....if my DAD had gone to Chile I would have included it. As for me, I DID send a small amount to help Chile as well but for obvious reasons, I'm concentrating on Haiti.

Yes, the quake in Chile was quite a bit stronger, but there was MUCH less devastation. For one thing, it didn't crumble the offices of the government. So, they were in a position to help themselves much better. I think the total death toll was somewhere around 200, whereas in Haiti it was more like 200 THOUSAND, but we'll never really know.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:34 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
I DID send a small amount to help Chile as well but for obvious reasons, I'm concentrating on Haiti.
What you did was wonderful! You need not say more, of course that isn't your style. Nevertheless an explaination of your benevolence is not necessary. :thumbsup:Bravo
Old 03-29-2010, 10:01 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharlie View Post
You need not say more, of course that isn't your style.
:lol: SEE!.......... Hobo, yer infamous!

Always room for human kindness, and I wish there was more. May God Bless! :thumbsup:

Old 03-31-2010, 02:37 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
:lol: SEE!.......... Hobo, yer infamous!
I just hope nobody finds out about that little donation I made to the "Save Sharlie" fund. :hellno:

Old 04-01-2010, 05:25 AM
Board Icon

I hope this doesn't break any rules. It is just an update from my father, and I am in a hurry.

Mission Partners, This is a report on our mission.

On March 18th 16 people left Rowan-Cabarrus County for Leogane, Haiti. We were to work with Pastor Kelly Fleury of the Dezman Fleury Foundation. He had a church, a school of about 600 students, a medical clinic, an orphanage for girls with 36 girls-now about 50, a bakery, and some homes for the poor of the church. All of this is now rubble-it was all lost in the earthquake as Leogane is just about at the epicenter of the Earthquake. They were blessed in that there was only one death-a house mother.

Through gifts by Memorial Baptist Church, Trading Ford Baptist church, Individuals, and what the Team gave beyond their Ticket Fare, we were able to buy $24,000 worth of medical supplies for $1,000. We gave $4,300 toward building the new Orphanage for Girls, $1,400 to get license and Tags to get a truck on the road to help in rebuilding, $600 for Translators, $500 for fixing the well pump. Some more for laborers, fuel, general needs, and food for feeding us and the orphanage while we were there, $1,000 for Pastor Jean Claude’s ministry as well as some of the medical supplies, and we gave the first $1,000 toward the new orphanage that will be named “Jonathan’s Home For Boys”.

We operated the medical clinic for 5 days and ministered to over 500 patients as well as sharing the Gospel with them. We helped to clean up the rubble so that they could pitch a tent and start up the school, worked on the wall and the building of the new girl’s orphanage, worked on the pump and the well, preached four nights in the refugee camp and at the church, worked with the children, and did whatever our hands found to do. We had over 100 Professions of Faith, and this was all done in weather that felt like 100 degrees, and with some rain showers, And with none of the connivances of what we call every day living.

The people there were very gracious to us, and they offered to us every thing that they have. The problem is that they just don’t have much. They have the Lord, and they have a great desire to survive and work.

We dedicated a piece of ground for “Jonathan’s Home for Boys”. It is to be a boys orphanage. We promised to come home and raise $25,000 for this work. Pastor Kelly has accepted the challenge of this addition to his ministry, and he already had 3 boys that have been left at his Girl’s orphanage. For $25,000 the rubble can be removed and the first unit built, and the home established. I’m asking you to give and to help me raise that $25,000 as soon as possible. This is one of the best ways that you can help to restore that country. It is both building and young lives in need of care.

Michelle, our doctor on the trip is also committed to raising $30,000 and rebuilding the Medical Clinic and we will help with that every way that we can. Right now, your money for the price of what it would take for you to go there is more important than you going. A skilled worker can be secured for $20 a day, and a laborer for $7 a day. They need the work for their livelihood.

It would cost you over $1,000 to go to Haiti. For all who say you wish you could go, send $1,000 to Memorial Baptist Church, 1785 Dale Earnhardt Blvd., Kannapolis, NC 28083, and mark it either: Jonathan’s Home for Boys, or Medical Clinic, and we will see that it is used for that purpose, and you will have done more for Haiti than by going, and the work will keep on going for Jesus and His Ministry. You will receive tax credit and I will see that you get reports on what is done with it. Contact me by phone or email with any questions. Let’s build buildings and lives in Haiti for Jesus!!

Jim Harris

Old 04-01-2010, 09:14 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
I hope this doesn't break any rules.
Finally, you went over the line! BAN COMING!

HOOO HAAA!!!!! (<-- Plugged nickel for ya if you can tell me where I got that)

Seriously, good on your dad. I like him more and more every day. I feel for him, too. I know he asks himself every day where he went wrong raising you.

SHAZOOM!!!! (<-- Another plugged nickel if you can get that one)