User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2012, 07:07 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Awww Brian I am also a CRE case....lol.. I was out with my Phase 1 trainer when he fell asleep at the wheel and wrecked the truck. It scared me so bad, I have taken the last year off from driving and finishing my training. I'm lucky to be alive, day after my trainer fell asleep at the wheel, another trainer did the same thing only he killed his student and 2 other truck drivers. I know what you mean about not being able to find a job with only training exp. I did find an O/O willing to give me additional driving time so I can find a company to hire me. Maybe you can find one on this site too. Good luck to you and trust me you did the right thing by leaving CRE. Good luck!! and keep me posted
Old 10-29-2012, 11:23 PM
Rookie

Hello everyone!

New to the forum, new to driving! While going around the internet gathering information to help me with the transition into this new occupation, I discovered the forum! Looks great, I expect to find a lot of help here! I want to thank the admins, moderators, and supporters for starting it up and keeping it on the road (so to speak)! Hats off to you! I have been a super-mod at an Oregon fishing/hunting site since 2008, and... yeah. Would it be fair to say that I understand?

Some personal history:

I got this recently...

[CDL]

...as the first step towards the goal of driving log truck for my forum namesake, which has recently hired me as an apprentice driver, loader operator, chaser, feller etc. Mainly driver but also the go-to guy if there are complications on site. This is the role I have played at all my previous occupations; framing/construction (everything from the dirt to the chimney), bit of steel (filled in gaps and basically watched for falling debris ), printing industry (prep, running press, bindery, shipping/receiving, coordinating/driving delivery) , tube guitar amplifier and analog effect repairman/designer/builder/consultation (my own business), I feel it's one I excel at.

I have been getting great support and advice from my uncle. A driver since he was 17, mid 60's now and retiring, he's done everything. Logs, long haul, hazardous materials, heavy equipment, I'm sure there are more.. Oh milk too, in glass bottles no less. I guess that was back when milk haulin wasn't for the meek?

Looking forward to everything! Great site!

Last edited by CannibalMtnLogging; 10-31-2012 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Personal info
Old 10-30-2012, 10:06 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Senior Board Member

Welcome, MsBrenda! That is an adorable pooch in your avatar. Sounds like that trainer should should not have been a trainer. Keep at it, and don't be afraid to ask questions here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBrenda View Post
Hi, My name is Brenda, I'm new to the forum. I got my CDL last yr with a training company in UT. While in my first week of OTR training my Trainer fell asleep at the wheel and wrecked the truck while I was sleeping. I went home very hurt and disappointed. I was so scared to ride with someone else but even more affraid I was going to have to end my dream of being a BIG TRUCK DRIVER..lol. Recently I found an O/O that agreed to give me more training and the chance to get on with the company he hauls for, driving one of their trucks. So here I am, trying to get as much advice as possible and hoping that this will get me back on tract to an awesome career. Any advice will be very welcome. TY
Old 10-30-2012, 10:14 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Senior Board Member

Welcome, CannibalMtnLogging! I moderated out your CDL image from your text body to protect your privacy. I realize you don't mind putting your full name out there at the moment, but that really isn't necessary and may come back to haunt you later. If people want to get personal with you, they can always use PM. Thanks for your understanding

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannibalMtnLogging View Post
Hello everyone!

New to the forum, new to driving! While going around the internet gathering information to help me with the transition into this new occupation, I discovered the forum! Looks great, I expect to find a lot of help here! I want to thank the admins, moderators, and supporters for starting it up and keeping it on the road (so to speak)! Hats off to you! I have been a super-mod at an Oregon fishing/hunting site since 2008, and... yeah. Would it be fair to say that I understand?

Some personal history:

I got this recently...

[CDL]

...as the first step towards the goal of driving log truck for my forum namesake, which has recently hired me as an apprentice driver, loader operator, chaser, feller etc. Mainly driver but also the go-to guy if there are complications on site. This is the role I have played at all my previous occupations; framing/construction (everything from the dirt to the chimney), bit of steel (filled in gaps and basically watched for falling debris ), printing industry (prep, running press, bindery, shipping/receiving, coordinating/driving delivery) , tube guitar amplifier and analog effect repairman/designer/builder/consultation (my own business), I feel it's one I excel at.

I have been getting great support and advice from my uncle. A driver since he was 17, mid 60's now and retiring, he's done everything. Logs, long haul, hazardous materials, heavy equipment, I'm sure there are more.. Oh milk too, in glass bottles no less. I guess that was back when milk haulin wasn't for the meek?

Looking forward to everything! Great site!
Old 10-31-2012, 07:19 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleeIB View Post
Welcome, CannibalMtnLogging! I moderated out your CDL image from your text body to protect your privacy. I realize you don't mind putting your full name out there at the moment, but that really isn't necessary and may come back to haunt you later. If people want to get personal with you, they can always use PM. Thanks for your understanding
Ahh. No worries, I understand. Truck stop politics and all.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:54 AM
Rookie

Hi everyone, they call me EasyB, looking forward to a long relationship with the board. The week of Dec. 2 I head on over to Stevens Transport, been out of trucking for a year, and they are giving me a chance to get back into the saddle. I will have to go out with a trainer, after I get past Orientation of course, for about 2-4 weeks, and then I get my own truck.

On the road again.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:02 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Senior Board Member

Welcome, EasyB! It'll be good to get back on the road again. Glad to have you here.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:17 PM
Rookie

Actually I am an old member but have not been on for awhile.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:59 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Senior Board Member

Welcome back BoxCutter! We are all older and not necessarily wiser now
Old 12-06-2012, 05:53 AM
Rookie

Hello everyone.....My name is Lynn and I am a new driver and new on here. I love trucking! Come from a family of truckers but just received mine this year in May. Before trucking I was a city bus driver. Wanted more so I went to school to get help. I have driven many times but lack the confidence it took to get tested. So after completing school I started driving solo and pulling a hopper bottom. I LOVE Hoppers! But if you search jobs you can't find companies that haul hoppers. Where are they all hiding? I am ready to go trucking! I am a great driver with all endorsements. If anyone has any leads let me know. What I am running in to the most...."sorry but you don't have enough experience" how do you get experience if nobody will hire you without experience???