User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2010, 01:54 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile

Well my name is Vivian also I do not drive but David does been driving for since feb 2010 in training than graduated, April 2010 started driving solo for Werner gaining experience and still learning. I post mostly he does get home but sitting isn't his thing especially at a computer. I read the posts to get a better understanding of what he is going thru. we live in Wellsville, Kansas. no kids but 2 cats, big dog Uffda.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Rookie

Hello All, My name is Jimmy and I just discovered this site last week, I heard a couple of drivers talking about going on the site to look for jobs as it was real easy to get an application out there for recruitors to see. So I thought I would check it out I am getting tired of playing my X box and watching videos while I am on my resets.
I was born and raised in Goose Creek S.C and have been driving since I was 23 (two years now) I got my CDL through Schneider National and have been with them since the start. No screw ups or tickets to speak of, I did get a seat belt violation in Florida a few months back but that is all that is on my record.
I am wondering if now is the time to be looking for local work as I would really like to be home with my girl more then 5 or 6 days out of the month, and is it possible to come home with at least $500 a week?

Jimmy
Old 07-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Board Icon

Welcome aboard, Rebel Yell.
You can find a good paying local job, it just might a take a while.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 07-09-2010, 01:25 PM
Rookie

Hello All!

Just here to introduce myself! I am a recent graduate of a university in Michigan where I played college hockey for 5 years and now entering the workforce. I have one brother who is in the Navy as a Seabee and is currently serving in Afghanistan. I have one dog that is a Siberian husky that takes up the majority of my time while the rest is spent on work and a little golf. I work for an automotive company that is a leader in the industry and we have now developed a new product that was released in the trucking industry. However, I am joining the site to get more familiar with the trucking industry and hopefully meet some neat people along the way (don’t worry no advertising or spam from me)J I will see you all in the form board!
Old 07-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Senior Board Member

welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by traktr View Post
we have now developed a new product that was released in the trucking industry.
what would that be?
Old 07-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjon619 View Post
welcome.

what would that be?
Ron Jon,

I don’t want to violate any of the rules of the board as far as talking about products; however since I see you are a Senior Board Member (is that someone affiliated with the board?) I can give you a brief description. I will try to do this in the best way possible without trying to make it sound like I am advertising our product through the board. The product is called TRAKTR CHROME, it is a newly designed wheel trim that is just hitting the market. It is a highly durable product that is low cost and extremely low maintenance (just soap and water, no buffing to get original shine). It takes about 10 minutes to put on and take off and look great on any rig. The main website (which I won’t post here due to rules) is just a landing page until the full site is up soon. The facebook page has the info rather than a way to purchase so I can give you that name; TRAKTR CHROME | Facebook

I hope that was a good enough explanation without crossing the boundaries of someone with your status, let me know what you think!
Old 08-05-2010, 02:16 AM
Rookie
Default Wargames-Joshua, Here

Wargames-Joshua, Josh here, Live in Wisconsin, 1 Bride my Wife, 2 daughters, Been Truckin going on 37 years, Dont want to do it any more, I see retirement soon. Looking forward to talking with some drivers, that know trucking, and some that want to know trucking.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:11 AM
Rookie
Default Hear to learn from you all.

New here, greener than Kentucky Blue grass. Am older than many of you, married with no kids in the house anymore and yet can still jog, exercise and jump around like a frigg'n kid! Lucky I guess.

My head is down and mouth shut on this site as I'm here to learn from you all some of what the recruiters will try to keep from me, what they will try to bend and twist. I'm also here to get some "flava" of the industry itself.

I'm looking over two schools in my town (JTL school and Custom Diesel), looking at Roadmaster and then various company schools. So far, JTL here in Omaha has my vote. I plan on pulling the trigger by the end of August. Very possibly, definately maybe with a hint of absolutely by that time

Anyway, I'm new to this forum and do not have a CDL, yet. (I did 20 yrs ago while driving a 10-wheel, sliding bay soft drink route truck). I realize tho, that getting the CDL is but a very small step in what I am to learn in order to be safe...

Keep posting guys, I've got a ton of stuff to learn here!
Old 11-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Rookie

Hello everyone. Sunshine Driver here. Not currently a driver, and I ain't gonna pretend to be, but I do have a class A
I'm already making myself at home, LOL
Old 12-19-2010, 01:32 PM

I am taking the time to reintroduce myself because my husband has been working as a jumper for a armored car company since April 2006 so I had been getting less and less active here because I did not feel like I belonged here since he was no longer a trucker but now it looks like he will be getting a job with Maverick Trucking so he will be a trucker again possibly as a regional trucker but possibly as long haul, we will see when he actually gets hired. Maverick seems really interested in getting him as a driver.

Another change is that I put in an application with WalMart as a cashier and it looks like I will get hired so I will no longer be a SAHW. I now am 45 years old as of yesterday. We have 4 cats: Miss Kitty, Lieutenant Starbuck, Vanessa T and Smokey. Sadly, Midnight (a black DSH cat I had since early 2009 and who moved in with Vanessa T) died on July 1, 2009, Smokey moved in about a week later. I also have 2 fish, one of which is orange in color and about 3 inches long and an algae eater that should grow to about 8 inches that I bought about a month ago when it was about 1/2 inch long and is now about 2 inches long. Hopefully, when I start the WalMart job, it will lead to my being off of Social Security Disability after a while even though I think the Medicare will continue for a while.

Michelle T. aka Pegasus - JET-Lag's Wife